Shawnmoore81

Loose gunman in Carneys point

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2013/06/suspect_still_sought_in_carneys_point_shootout_with_police.html#incart_river

This is turning into quite the event down here. Well this guy has been running around for a little while now and here is what I know

Location A the chase

Posted Image

Location B the shoot out

Posted Image

Location C office door he kicked in to hide

Posted Image

Location D last seen

Posted Image

Prosecutors office is handling this case

During the day today a local teacher saw him on her back deck. He was wounded. She called the Carneys point police. The police show up. One of the neighbors calls the officer from the prosecutors office who lives right across the street and ask what's going on. The pros. Office was never notified by local pd this was happening. The officer that lives right across the street was angry to say the least. They all show up there. The guy is already gone. They still haven't released any form of description of this guy. They haven't notified anyone in the surrounding houses of anything. I don't even see more cars patrolling. The only people that got any type of call are these people

Posted Image

I bet some of the people around here don't even know this is going on. I don't want to see anything like Boston but it just seems like nobody cares to catch this guy. I mean hell the county just bought a blood hound earlier this year just for this type of shit. Where is he at? I just don't understand this method. I think you either hit is hard or release a description and back up and wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ill tell you what. The next town meeting is gonna be ugly. There are a whole lot of pissed off people wanting to know why they haven't alerted anyone and aren't even looking for him.

Ill tell you what. The next town meeting is gonna be ugly. There are a whole lot of pissed off people wanting to know why they haven't alerted anyone and aren't even looking for him.

WAIT? they really stopped looking for him??

I'm sure if I caught the guy and called they would come. But there are no cops going through the woods, no extra patrols in the area, no dogs out there, no reverse 911 calls, no cops going door to door asking if anyone saw anything. I'd lay bets that a lot of the people don't even know the guys in the woods.

shawn........i'm only asking this outta curiousity.........

what would happen if for instance, you and a few neighbors went looking for this guy, and found him. are you allowed to detain him, and call the pd? or would you end up putting yourself in the frying pan?

A little uncalled for. We're all humans here.

This event is really unfortunate and it's really disappointing that those school kids had to deal with this right before heading off for the summer.

Truth hurts huh

Can't carry guns, he has a tec-9. I think he wins

Sounds like a great reason for a CCW.

Judge: Why do you need a CCW?

Applicant: Because you stop looking for dangerous criminals instead of catching them.

Is it a mostly caucasian area? I wonder why they wouldn't release a description, aside from they apparently decided to stop looking for him. I'm curious to see how this will unfold.

Yes, they haven't even released a pic of the guy they already have. I dug that one up online. Surprise surprise it's a prison photo.

I may blow a gasket with the excuse on why they aren't looking. The mayor doesn't want to give overtime and expects them to search on straight time. So the the search is all but suspended.

Um how about the detectives? The prosecutors office? The officers on straight time? This is not the type of situation to use for political posturing or to get a little overtime.

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2013/04/salem_county_law_enforcement_g.html

Amazingly we can find money to buy this hound but no money to use it.

These cops really need to release some kind of description. I just caught some guy using my yard as a short cut. Came walking out of the woods and around the side of my house. I met him in my front yard. I didn't point my gun at him but was armed.