vmastro87

Who does FID in Jackson?

You can call the ladies in the records department, they're pleasant enough, but they always tell you the same thing: "We'll call you when it's ready".

The only thing they can tell you is whether or not your references/fingerprints have come in, and where the application is sitting....if they tell you that much.

BUT....they also lied to me about when they mailed the letters out to my references....so I'm glad I did call after 3 weeks.

In Jackson, Capt. Wagner is the man to speak to regarding your FPID paperwork. Nice Guy, But from what I understand, it's Chief Kunz whose the bottleneck in the process. He only signs a handful of documents a week. I got permits last year and waited almost 6 months and when I applied for more P2P in Jan. I waited another 4 months. And this being a township resident for over 20 years. They will NEVER get rid of their backlog while Kunz is in charge. He doesn't give a damn about us.

In Jackson, Capt. Wagner is the man to speak to regarding your FPID paperwork. Nice Guy, But from what I understand, it's Chief Kunz whose the bottleneck in the process. He only signs a handful of documents a week. I got permits last year and waited almost 6 months and when I applied for more P2P in Jan. I waited another 4 months. And this being a township resident for over 20 years. They will NEVER get rid of their backlog while Kunz is in charge. He doesn't give a damn about us.

wonderful any chance hes up for retirement soon?

I had some luck emailing the mayor, my daughter was in for 7 months and when we called got the same run around. I emailed the mayor and 2 days later permits in hand. When my daughter called and said the mayor asked her to call and speak with the Chief they moved quick. The Chiefs girl picked up and she said ok come pick them up tomorrow. I have heard the mayor and the Kuntz don't get along very well. The Chief is an A-hole from what I have heard and he is not really 2A friendly.

I had some luck emailing the mayor, my daughter was in for 7 months and when we called got the same run around. I emailed the mayor and 2 days later permits in hand. When my daughter called and said the mayor asked her to call and speak with the Chief they moved quick. The Chiefs girl picked up and she said ok come pick them up tomorrow. I have heard the mayor and the Kuntz don't get along very well. The Chief is an A-hole from what I have heard and he is not really 2A friendly.

thank you very much, im going to call the mayor then

thank you very much, im going to call the mayor then

Mayor’s Hotline available 24 hours
Mayor Michael Reina has implemented a Mayor's Hotline, 732-928-1200 ext 376 should you wish to reach out to the Township to leave your
comments.

I pasted the new mayors hotline. They say they will get back to you within 24 hours. Let us know what happens.
Also let them know how bad it is for all of us in Jackson. I will also call later today!!

this is my letter:

Dear Mayor Reina,

I am writing this to you with concern about my FID and many others. I apologize for bothering you with an issue that most do not consider essential, but to me and a lot of others it is very frustrating. I have been waiting approximately two months now for my change of address for my firearms ID. My friend who applied before me is now about three and half months into the process with no sign of getting it any time soon. As my concern grew i started to ask around on the local forums if anyone else has experienced this problem, and it seems that the average time is about 6 months to get your ID back. The employees in the record department told me that it wouldn't take very long because it was just a change of address, but they did make me do the whole process over again even thought i brought the change of address form with me. When i asked them why, i was given the reason, "this is how we do it". Though not thrilled with the idea of having to repeat the full process i decided that it was easier to follow their directions rather than buck the system. Then when i called this morning (6/28/13) to check on my status I was hung up on the first time when I asked about my paperwork. When i called back i was placed on hold for about 5 minutes and when the employee returned she informed me that my paperwork is "upstairs" and "its going to be some more weeks". I do understand that our police force is busy and i do understand that right now there are a lot more people applying than in the past but i still think that of all the departments the police should have to follow the same laws that they enforce. I also think that a more definitive time then "some weeks" could be pervade to the people who are patiently waiting. Shooting is my only hobby and is becoming hard enough to enjoy with all the new laws and current tough regulations of NJ, not having a FID is only making it harder for me. Thank you for your time.

If i get no response i will surely call

My son and I went in to the station the other day. He has just turned 21. He is going to try to do and exemption for a few pistols his sister doesn't want anymore. I spoke with the lady and she didn't have a clue how to or which papers to give us for the exemption. She gave them all to us and ask us to read them and to see if the were the right ones. The lady is very nice and she was trying and I have to say they should be trained to do this. This is not there fault the Chief just doesn't care about the people have the rights to purchase guns.

They had a sign up saying that Capt.Wagner was very behind and the process would take longer than usual, I hope that doesn't mean from 6 months now to 8 months. I also pressed her on why they will only give out 3 PP's. She said that is what the Chief says. It's not a major problem to just get 3 permits as my son probably cannot afford 2 pistols now so I didn't press it.

well here is the answer from the mayor 5 mins after i hit send !! i think this is a good sign!

I have sent a request to the Police Captain in charge of permits. Let's hope it moves through faster now. I too am a second amendment advocate. Keep me posted, thank you.

The mayor is/was a CJRPC member, I saw him there a few times, quite awhile ago.  My wife's was March/April and we are still waiting as well. I am not gonna bother with p2P till the panic ends, it seems to be subsiding now. Since the 45th prez will likely be Hillary, I am planning on waiting a little longer for the panic to dies down (hopefully it does), and buy more stuff late next year, and into 2015, maybe late 2015, and early 16, as Hillary will probably stay away from publicly pushing gun control, but it WILL happen when she is elected.

Bottom line-- There is a likely window from this fall to fall 2016 to buy guns and ammo, where prices may fall to 'reasonable' levels, albeit higher than pre-Obama.  Unless there is another Newtown event.  Barring bad health, Hillary Clinton WILL BE ELECTED PRESIDENT in 2016. Plan accordingly.

The mayor is/was a CJRPC member, I saw him there a few times, quite awhile ago.  My wife's was March/April and we are still waiting as well. I am not gonna bother with p2P till the panic ends, it seems to be subsiding now. Since the 45th prez will likely be Hillary, I am planning on waiting a little longer for the panic to dies down (hopefully it does), and buy more stuff late next year, and into 2015, maybe late 2015, and early 16, as Hillary will probably stay away from publicly pushing gun control, but it WILL happen when she is elected.

Bottom line-- There is a likely window from this fall to fall 2016 to buy guns and ammo, where prices may fall to 'reasonable' levels, albeit higher than pre-Obama.  Unless there is another Newtown event.  Barring bad health, Hillary Clinton WILL BE ELECTED PRESIDENT in 2016. Plan accordingly.

Its refreshing to hear "the end is near" referencing years to come. Since Newtown, it has been "Any day now" Hearing its coming in a few years takes me back to the old days. :)