BOOMSTICK

Maintaining a Fortified Structure?

I was just checking out Action News site and within one of the articles, it gives the list of charges. 

""such and such, 23, of such and such Drive in Bayville, was charged with Possession of Heroin, Possession of approximately 100 grams of Heroin with Intent to Distribute, Maintaining a Fortified Structure, Maintaining a CDS (Heroin) Manufacturing Facility, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He is being held on $250,000 cash.""

Is that really a chargeable offense?  I've never seen that before.

Source - http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9144351

Ooohhhhh...  I wasn't thinking "booby traps".  I was thinking armor plated doors and such.  Thanks.  Although this now makes me want know what booby traps were being used.

...and you would have been correct, as I read the statute. It is booby traps or a fortified structure - but both only come into play when relevant to a place of manufacturing or distributing CDS's.

...and you would have been correct, as I read the statute. It is booby traps or a fortified structure - but both only come into play when relevant to a place of manufacturing or distributing CDS's.

Thanks.  Makes sense.  Kind of like when you have a police scanner when one commits a crime.

heh.....i had no clue it was illegal to fortify your own house that you own which is on your property which you own. i figured it'd be a good thing to make yourself safer. apparently i'm wrong....

It's only illegal if you're distributing drugs. 

structure has been fortified if steel doors, wooden planking, cross bars, alarm systems, dogs, lookouts or any other means are employed to prevent, impede, delay or provide warning of the entry into a structure or any part of a structure by law enforcement officers.