AverageJoe

ATI GSG 1911 .22

Newly added to the stable, and I'm digging it. Initial impression, nice feel to the grips and nice weight, feels good. Took it to the range tonight, everything worked perfectly. One minor issue with the actual contents inside the case. The manual states that in the case should of been 2 spare front sights, one allen key, and one small open end wrench. Contacted the place that listed it on gunbroker and they weren't any help. Shot an email to to ATI and within 10 min I got a reply asking for my addy and they would ship me everything no problem. Great customer service.

Couple pics

20130617_202545_zps20e69b90.jpg20130617_202438_zps2e12e473.jpg

Have the same one - is great for plinking and putting small holes in paper, though  mine is picky on the ammo.  I find CCI mini-mags to be reliable.  The less-expensive bulk pack would jam.  

A tip when cleaning it - unscrew the threaded bushing on the end of the barrel before cleaning the bore. Makes it a lot easier...

Good luck.

Dean 

Has anyone tried the 15 round conversion ? I thought the consensus in here was that other attempts at this for this gun have generally failed.

Reliability issues is all I have heard, if the kit came with a better spring I would think it would be a lot better.

You can take out the magazine "safety" spring under the main spring housing so it will shoot without the mag in.

If it came with the plastic guide rod contact them for a metal one!

DO NOT DRY FIRE the pistol. The firing pin is magnesium and will break very easily.

Love it! Great inexpensive piece!