I have a Florida non resident ccw, sucks we lost PA.

Seen a lot of places offering the Utah course, which is the best course to take?

Does Utah accept any alternate education besides their specific course?

utah has to be taught by a utah certified instructor.. i used gun for hire at reddot firearms in stanhope... class was great. Gun for hire handled everything including mailing it. class was very in formative and not long at all. well worth it IMO.

FYI i took the class 75 days ago.

i took it back in march and received it a few weeks ago. When 60 days came and went, I called and s/w a very nice and helpful woman...she stated Its within 60 days from the time they process payment payment, and they actually hold true to that.

Not bad...gotta check for DE reciprocity.

Much easier than the b/s DE makes you deal with.

EDIT: Just checked....DE honors Utah CCW. Sounds like the much easier path.

EDIT 2: S**t....the next soonest class is tomorrow (today) here in DE...I'm busy tomorrow.

Since you are a DE resident; you need a DE CCW.

Not bad...gotta check for DE reciprocity.

Much easier than the b/s DE makes you deal with.

EDIT: Just checked....DE honors Utah CCW. Sounds like the much easier path.

EDIT 2: S**t....the next soonest class is tomorrow (today) here in DE...I'm busy tomorrow.

Utah won't issue a permit to anyone from a state that recognizes Utah's permit.   Since NJ won't recognize any ccw, NJ residents can get a Utah.

Anyone take the class recently and receive their permit back?

took it beginning of April and nothing yet.

FWIW I took my class on 27 April. I contacted Utah last week for status update and was advised my permit should be sent out the week of 15 July. I was advised at the class to use credit card for Utah payment or otherwise Utah would sit on checks or Money Orders. We were advised if we used CC we would "receive the permit in about three weeks" those were the instructor's words. Clearly that was not the case however Utah did say they were overwhelmed with apps.....

How much does the Utah permit/class cost?

Dr Bruce @ Personal Defense Solutions charges $150 CASH (good work if you could get it, LOL)  plus the $51 Utah app fee and your postal fees

Yes, applicants must be 21 years of age (at the time the application is submitted, you can take the class prior to 21 and hold the application for up to one year).

Alright cool I'm going to look into taking one soon. See some of you there

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Going to Utah?  Independent classes there most evenings from 6 - 10pm.  Cost $45.00. Includes everything but the state fee and submission to state.  Funny how its 130-150 here.

Supply and demand, plus I think that to become a Utah-approved instructor, you have to go to Utah for the certification.  (could be wrong on that point, but if it's true, it does add a fair bit of overhead).

Supply and demand, plus I think that to become a Utah-approved instructor, you have to go to Utah for the certification.  (could be wrong on that point, but if it's true, it does add a fair bit of overhead).

You do have to go to Utah, plus you have to be an NRA instructor or have some other instructor certification before you get the Utah one. However I think that the out of state instructors charge what they charge because they can and it's in demand, especially due to PA dropping FL, VA, AZ non-res. No big deal, it's capitalism and your choice. I went with GFH because they are who I trust. They charged $200 inclusive of the filing fee and mailing.

AS for the timeline, someone in NJ2AS said they just got theirs and they took the class March 30. However it came with a letter saying Utah BCI didn't get back the background check from the FBI yet so if anything bad comes up they'll revoke the permit. Not a big deal if you have a clean background.

Utah won't issue a permit to anyone from a state that recognizes Utah's permit.   Since NJ won't recognize any ccw, NJ residents can get a Utah.

Partially correct.

Utah will issue a permit if your state is reciprocal with them, but you must obtain your home state permit first and include a copy with the app.

As for the "why" it's good to have a Utah, it's the reciprocity. Delaware isn't as widely recognized as Utah. Utah is like the gold card, all access in many states.