Took Class April 8.

Utah BCI withdrew funds April 29.

So with that timeline maybe I will recieve mine shortly.

Hopefully

I am in the same boat, took class same day, still waiting. They cashed my check April 18th and I have yet to receive it. Got my FL permit beginning of this week.

Ahh...thanks.

Then why are they offering classes here?

Concealed carry USA offers classes in the area. They are $100 cash or check and cover photos and fingerprints ( 2 sets, extra just in case or for filing for another state). Utah charges $51 and that about covers it. There is a class schedule on their web site. Reciprocity map also shows Del. honors Utah non- resident. You can call them to verify.

http://concealedcarryusa.us/classes/

Concealed carry USA offers classes in the area. They are $100 cash or check and cover photos and fingerprints ( 2 sets, extra just in case or for filing for another state). Utah charges $51 and that about covers it. There is a class schedule on their web site. Reciprocity map also shows Del. honors Utah non- resident. You can call them to verify.

http://concealedcarryusa.us/classes/

Someone didn't read the thread lol.

We ask our students to email is when the receive them and yesterday we see 79 day turnaround.

Well that is welcome news as I took the class on May 1st, so maybe I will see something soon.

Not to change subject but PA still honors the new hampshire non resident permit correct? Anyone hear of this one becoming revoked soon? I think i might take the utah just incase. It seems like the thing to do. Thanks

I remember some chatter that Utah will be more difficult for PA to drop than FL was. Can anyone elaborate on that? Also contemplating UT if my NH goes the way of FL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Got my permit in the mail last week. I took the class end of April. It took about 75 days total from day of class. From the day they took out the funds it was 56 days. They sent the permit with the wrong state on it (Nevada). Called them and got corrected one in a week.

I remember some chatter that Utah will be more difficult for PA to drop than FL was. Can anyone elaborate on that? Also contemplating UT if my NH goes the way of FL

I remember something hearing something to that effect as well in April when I attended my class. It was something to do with their *written agreement* but he didn’t go into detail. He gave us the same speech in 2008 when I got my FL & VA permits and we seen how worked out.

OT but it’s all BS anyway, if NJ wasn't so much of a Nanny state and if you could go thru the normal requirements that other states use and obtain your NJ CCW permit PA would gladly give you one. The snag, as you know is PA requires you to obtain your home state permit as a prerequisite before they issue their non-resident. I also remember hearing in our class that Utah has a similar home state ccw permit requirement but Utah realizes NJ CCW permits are only given to those plugged-in politically so the home state requirement doesn’t apply for us for Utah. ----->EDIT: Or more specifically “if you are a resident of a state that has reciprocity with, or honors, a Utah Gun Permit (e.g., PA, DE, VA), you must have a gun permit from your state of residence to apply for the Utah Concealed Firearms Permit. If you are from a state that does not issue permits to carry, or does not honor a Utah Concealed Firearms Permit, you do NOT need any other gun permit to apply”.

I remember something hearing something to that effect as well in April when I attended my class. It was something to do with their *written agreement* but he didn’t go into detail. He gave us the same speech in 2008 when I got my FL & VA permits and we seen how worked out.

OT but it’s all BS anyway, if NJ wasn't so much of a Nanny state and if you could go thru the normal requirements that other states use and obtain your NJ CCW permit PA would gladly give you one. The snag, as you know is PA requires you to obtain your home state permit as a prerequisite before they issue their non-resident. I also remember hearing in our class that Utah has a similar home state ccw permit requirement but Utah realizes NJ CCW permits are only given to those plugged-in politically so the home state requirement doesn’t apply for us for Utah.

I think how I read it from the Utah website was that if the non-resident Utah permit was honored in your state then you would need a resident permit from your state, which makes sense.  However since NJ does not honor the non-res Utah permit you are able to get it.

Just how I interpreted it 

Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit.......

....... If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

I think how I read it from the Utah website was that if the non-resident Utah permit was honored in your state then you would need a resident permit from your state, which makes sense.  However since NJ does not honor the non-res Utah permit you are able to get it.

Just how I interpreted it 

I must as did the edit as you posted. so yes, unlike PA they accommodated us