Current average days to issue:

FL 90.00 

NH 28.00 

VA 70.00 

UT 84.00 

CT 112.00

You are dead on right for CT, mailed out may 7, they received may 8, approved Aug 28, received permit to carry yesterday..... Took way to long. My marriage license for CT took 8 days!

You are dead on right for CT, mailed out may 7, they received may 8, approved Aug 28, received permit to carry yesterday..... Took way to long. My marriage license for CT took 8 days!

My CT permit took 3 months.

Received June 7, permit issued September 4. 

However if you call SLFU they will say 4 months.

It's an expensive permit but worth it if you travel up that way. 

My CT permit took 3 months.

Received June 7, permit issued September 4.

However if you call SLFU they will say 4 months.

It's an expensive permit but worth it if you travel up that way.

What does Connecticut need to apply for a non resident ccw. Can we from Jersey get one?

Sorry for the nube question

What does Connecticut need to apply for a non resident ccw. Can we from Jersey get one?

Sorry for the nube question

It's a bit more paperwork than FL but it's easy.

You need the NRA basic pistol course with live fire. They don't take FIRST steps.

You also need another permit from any state. I used my Florida permit.

Call SLFU and order a packet. They will send it to you in the mail.

Fill out all the forms per their instructions. Get it notarized. Get fingerprints on the green fingerprint card at your local PD (ink) or gun for hire or similar. I don't believe it has to be a law enforcement agency taking your prints.

Take a photo per their instructions and tape it to the sheet per instructions. Sign where needed.

Get money orders for the fees. I think it's 70+15+50. Must be three separate ones I think.

Mail it in to SLFU in Middletown.

Wait.

Permit will arrive in the mail in 3-4 months.

CT is a May issue state that operates like a shall issue one. They won't deny you unless you have a genuine reason such as a criminal record.

And If you're denied you can appeal to the BFPE which is their appeals board.

It's more expensive than others and unless you go there I wouldn't bother. The reciprocity is less than Utah (which I also have). I go to CT once a month or more so it's worth it for me.

It's a bit more paperwork than FL but it's easy. You need the NRA basic pistol course with live fire. They don't take FIRST steps. You also need another permit from any state. I used my Florida permit. Call SLFU and order a packet. They will send it to you in the mail. Fill out all the forms per their instructions. Get it notarized. Get fingerprints on the green fingerprint card at your local PD (ink) or gun for hire or similar. I don't believe it has to be a law enforcement agency taking your prints. Take a photo per their instructions and tape it to the sheet per instructions. Sign where needed. Get money orders for the fees. I think it's 70+15+50. Must be three separate ones I think. Mail it in to SLFU in Middletown. Wait. Permit will arrive in the mail in 3-4 months. CT is a May issue state that operates like a shall issue one. They won't deny you unless you have a genuine reason such as a criminal record. And If you're denied you can appeal to the BFPE which is their appeals board. It's more expensive than others and unless you go there I wouldn't bother. The reciprocity is less than Utah (which I also have). I go to CT once a month or more so it's worth it for me.

Nice job Ryan! I have one too, but the only other state on the east coast that honors the non-resident permit is NC I believe.

Utah permit. Took the class Sept. 13th, received yesterday Oct. 15th. 32 days. Anyone else have the statement about the permit is only valid contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report being received from the FBI? I realize they're swamped, but seems strange they would issue the permit without receiving all the background checks!