Shawnmoore81

Cheaper then dirt

I will never go back there...just last week they were still selling .22 for $99 per 100 round box.  Complete opportunistic gougers!

Today they have Armscorp .22 LR for $199 a brick, CCI Mini Mag for $60 per hundred.   Gougers indeed--they're off my list.

I really hope no one buys from this place!! They are the worst of the worst. The problem is they are huge sponsors of the 3gun shooting and the are always advertising on the fishing and hunting shows, so like usually a lot of people will forget in time and they will get the business back. I just hope they actually see a drop in sales. I would bet that a lot of people that are new to this hobby or lifestyle will buy from them without a second thought.

I really hope no one buys from this place!! They are the worst of the worst. The problem is they are huge sponsors of the 3gun shooting and the are always advertising on the fishing and hunting shows, so like usually a lot of people will forget in time and they will get the business back. I just hope they actually see a drop in sales. I would bet that a lot of people that are new to this hobby or lifestyle will buy from them without a second thought.

I believe you're correct... I saw quite a bit of newer gun owners actually defending them when a critical post would show up on their FB page. Hopefully the others will remember their business practices and pricing policy's when the smoke clears.

My email to Sportsman Channel last month. Probably made no difference, but at least they know it's not good for business.

Dear Sir/Madam/

I just wanted to reach out to you and express a concern regarding one your sponsors- Cheaper Than Dirt.

I'm an avid shooter, hunter and a big fan of the Sportsman Channel. I was dismayed when I saw today that CTD sponsors Hot Shots.

During the recent panic-buying, Cheaper Than Dirt was perhaps the biggest of the price gougers. (ex. $2.00+/round for 9mm ammo, $700 AR-15s sold for $1,200-1,500, etc.).

For those of us in the shooting sports, this kind of profiteering is not only distasteful, it's insulting to the very customers who you depend on for the survival of your business.

To that end: I won't be watching your network (as much as I like your programming) so long as CTD  continues to be a sponsor.

Regards,

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:46 PM
To: sportsman
Subject: [TSC ADMIN] Contact Us Received

Thank you, Alexander, for your interest in Sportsman Channel. We appreciate your feedback on Cheaper than Dirt and will pass your comments along.

Enjoy the outdoors
The Staff at Sportsman Channel

This isn't the first time they've done this too. After the 2008 election their prices were just as high. If my memory is correct, they were trying to sell what used to be a $4 box of Wolf 7.62x39 for almost $20. Some people never forgot what they did then, and have never bought a thing from them. Unfortunately enough people have bought from them, enough to keep them in business.

I'll say it again...for people just getting their first gun, and there must be a lot of them, they have no concept of what prices used to be, so they don't have any benchmark and need to begin building some stock regardless.  That is why CTD can get away with it.  $200 for a small brick of 22lr may seem absolutely absurd for anyone except the guy who got his license yesterday, but a lot of guys just got their license yesterday.  They have nothing to compare it to.

And a few people might complain to the company via a letter or email, but I'm guessing they would figure to ignore the few complaints because Mister Smith in Maine just ordered the $200 brick...yee haaa!  I doubt that a rep at CTD is reading this forum to note the number of lost customers who voice their displeasure.  They are probably too busy filling orders for new customers (who never heard of gunbot either)

I'm just speculating.

That said, if anyone wants to give me $100 for the brick I paid in PA last week, I'm all ears!  :)

Half off from CTD's price!

I'll say it again...for people just getting their first gun, and there must be a lot of them, they have no concept of what prices used to be, so they don't have any benchmark and need to begin building some stock regardless.  That is why CTD can get away with it.  $200 for a small brick of 22lr may seem absolutely absurd for anyone except the guy who got his license yesterday, but a lot of guys just got their license yesterday.  They have nothing to compare it to.

And a few people might complain to the company via a letter or email, but I'm guessing they would figure to ignore the few complaints because Mister Smith in Maine just ordered the $200 brick...yee haaa!  I doubt that a rep at CTD is reading this forum to note the number of lost customers who voice their displeasure.  They are probably too busy filling orders for new customers (who never heard of gunbot either)

I'm just speculating.

That said, if anyone wants to give me $100 for the brick I paid in PA last week, I'm all ears!  :)

Half off from CTD's price!

Exactly....they thrive on those customers who,as newer shooters have no benchmark as to the prices of firearms,ammo and accessories before events late last year,also those who are in the enviable financial position to decide that they will shoot regardless of the price.

Again I was surprised at the loyalty  and fervor of some of their customers shouting down posters asking why CTD was selling some ammo for 5 times the price they had offered just 6 months before.Ultimately we can bitch and moan but remember them next time they offer anything we consider to be indeed Cheaper than dirt.......