Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Gun Shows This Weekend (6/22 & 6/23)

Two shows over in PA. The first is the Eagle Arms Prod Show at the Roadway Inn in Allentown, PA. This is located on a service road (Bulldog Dr) that parallels, and is visible from, Rt 309N. When you see a large Ryder facility next to a Mack dealer - turn right at the Mack dealer and immediately right again.

This is usually a good show, as are most of the Eagle Arms shows, but tends to be crowded and has very narrow aisles - not always the best thing on a summer day.

The other show is the Valley Forge show, which, of course, is no longer in Valley Forge. It is in Warminster, PA at a Sports Complex, in a strip mall at the intersection of Rt 263 (York Rd) and Rt 132 (Street Rd) - just across from the high school.

Valley Forge shows, when they were at the convention center, were the ne plus ultra of gun shows. Have not attended one since they moved to this facility. My expectations are pretty low since they are competing with the Eagle Arms Show - not so much for customers but vendors. For those that are considering their options, this show, as a bonus, has you in decent proximity to Tanner's, Classic Pistol and Surplus City (closest to Tanner's).

I'm going to check out the VF show Saturday morning.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Last time I was at Rodeway Inn it sucked the big one. Way too small and cramped.

Should be heading to Lehigh Valley tomorrow morning, so we might hit the show in Allentown anyway just because the shows only a few miles away.

Two shows over in PA. The first is the Eagle Arms Prod Show at the Roadway Inn in Allentown, PA. This is located on a service road (Bulldog Dr) that parallels, and is visible from, Rt 309N. When you see a large Ryder facility next to a Mack dealer - turn right at the Mack dealer and immediately right again.

This is usually a good show, as are most of the Eagle Arms shows, but tends to be crowded and has very narrow aisles - not always the best thing on a summer day.

The other show is the Valley Forge show, which, of course, is no longer in Valley Forge. It is in Warminster, PA at a Sports Complex, in a strip mall at the intersection of Rt 263 (York Rd) and Rt 132 (Street Rd) - just across from the high school.

Valley Forge shows, when they were at the convention center, were the ne plus ultra of gun shows. Have not attended one since they moved to this facility. My expectations are pretty low since they are competing with the Eagle Arms Show - not so much for customers but vendors. For those that are considering their options, this show, as a bonus, has you in decent proximity to Tanner's, Classic Pistol and Surplus City (closest to Tanner's).

I'm going to check out the VF show Saturday morning.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Pizza Bob,

Are Classic, Tanners and Surplus close enough to make a 1/2 day trip from Ocean County?

I know you make it a point to stop by these shops once in a while so I trust your judgment.

Thanks

Tom

Pizza Bob,

Are Classic, Tanners and Surplus close enough to make a 1/2 day trip from Ocean County?

I know you make it a point to stop by these shops once in a while so I trust your judgment.

Thanks

Tom

yes, tanners is only 5 minutes away and the others are not far

I don't think I'll go to the Roadway Inn shows again, at least for a long time.  They are very, very crowded shows.  The aisles are very narrow, parking is super tight (although free), and I've not seen anything worth buying there for a while.

The ex-VF show is much better.  I bought a goose call there last year.

Well, I said that I had low expectations - and they were met. If you were in the market for anything but guns, the VF show was the way to go. OK, to be fair, there were some long guns there and a few handguns, and of those very few wheelguns. Just tons of knives. Every time I saw a table filled with flat display cases ahead of me, I figured that finally, some handguns - but more often then not it was cases and cases of knives.

The only decent deal I saw was that two vendors, each had a Model 28-2 (N-frame, Highway Patrolman, .357 Mag), one 6" and one 4" and they were both under $600 - which in this day and age, isn't too bad. Lots of tacti-cool accessories and T-shirts and back packs, but pretty sparse on guns.

Save your money or go to the Allentown show.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

How is the VF show?

Was there this morning. Very small but at least not crowded. Too many knives and not enough guns. I was going to be in the area anyway so it was worth going but not worth a solo trip.

Darn, thought you meant the VFW show in East Stroudsberg.

I went to VF show and bumped into Shawnmoore, nice to meet you.  Only decent price on ammo I saw was 1k x39 for $275 and 223 for .40 a round. Not best prices but definetly coming down. 9mm was outrageous. Was not busy at all, nothing caught my eye. Stopped at Tanners on way back but wasnt in the buying mood. Just out for fresh air and a drive. There was a awesome Corvette show and swap meet just up the road I stopped at on the way home. Also some other muscle cars in the back. Some sweet cars!

Last time I was at Rodeway Inn it sucked the big one. Way too small and cramped.

Should be heading to Lehigh Valley tomorrow morning, so we might hit the show in Allentown anyway just because the shows only a few miles away.

I should have learned my lesson after my first disappointment there. Plenty of ARs for sale, prices seemed decent but meh. Prices seemed high on everything else, not crazy outrageous but high. Not one thing caught my eye.

And Lehigh Valley was packed. :80:

Rodeway is a great show but it gets packed in the summer and some of you people smell really bad. REALLY bad.

It gets packed in the summer, the worst time. With only 13 million people, PA has more NRA members and more people carrying than any other state. And 5x the carry rate of Texas. This is too small a venue for a place as populated as Lehigh Valley in PA.

Eagle Arms shows are the best. This one is good, but you have to beat the rush. Or attend in the off season.