Melgamatic

NICS not so fixed this morning

Took the hour drive up to Mastodon this morning to pick up my two NJGF lowers.  First call at 10:05am or so failed, second at 10:15am also failed, and then I had to go home.

Even worse, Joe got billed for both called.  The number answered, said "billing will begin after this tone," got the tone, and then got a busy signal.  So, the number answered, billed him and then gave busy.  He has to keep track manually of all these failed calls to try to get reimbursed.

So, NICS today was no better for me than a month ago. I can't get there for another 2 weeks probably, so I'm annoyed at NJ.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday at a different store, my FFL called and right after NICS billed him, they hung up on him.  He had to call and get billed again, and it was still about a 20 minute wait before we could get approved.  Hopefully he can get his money back from the first call.  Still, 20 mins is better than when it was 2 weeks a little while ago -_-

Took the hour drive up to Mastodon this morning to pick up my two NJGF lowers.  First call at 10:05am or so failed, second at 10:15am also failed, and then I had to go home.

Even worse, Joe got billed for both called.  The number answered, said "billing will begin after this tone," got the tone, and then got a busy signal.  So, the number answered, billed him and then gave busy.  He has to keep track manually of all these failed calls to try to get reimbursed.

So, NICS today was no better for me than a month ago. I can't get there for another 2 weeks probably, so I'm annoyed at NJ.

Dave, right?

I was sitting there waiting while you stopped by.  I went to grab some breakfast and came back around 11am.  Joe was on hold at the time.  I got the NICS approval shortly after he reached them.  It was pretty crappy as he got billed 4 times before he got thru.

Saturday they had some issues but they were online it just required a few calls to get it working.

i called 8+ times for each NICS i needed.

ill be calling for credits this morning LOL

Did you get a busy signal, or a recording?