tony357

NEW BLACK PANTHER LEADER WITH ‘KILL WHITEY’ FACE TATTOO BUSTED ON GUN CHARGE

Ok i posted the article one thing bothers me, yes he was carrying an unlicensed weapon, but i do not see what is wrong with him wearing a bullet proof vest?  being a member of this group does put a target on you so to speak i just do not see why civilians should not be allowed to wear body protection..

A New Black Panther Party leader with the words “kill whitey” tattooed on his face has been busted for allegedly carrying a loaded and unlicensed gun, according to the New York Post.

NBPP-NYP.jpeg

Maruse Heath was arrested in New York City Thursday night. (Image source: New York Post)

Maruse Heath, also known as “King Salim Shabazz,” the head of the New Black Panther Party Philadelphia chapter, was arrested in New York City Thursday night after police spotted him allegedly wearing a large ballistic vest. Officers then allegedly found the .25-caliber gun.

Heath, 41, had been leaving a New Black Panther Party planning meeting, the Post reported. A source told the newspaper his first phone call in custody was to New Black Panther Party national leader Malik Zulu Shabazz.

Heath was the New Black Panther Party member wearing a paramilitary uniform and carrying a baton in the infamous 2008 election video shot in front of a Philadelphia polling place.

During Heath’s arraignment Friday, his attorney argued that police “jumped” him without justification as he was leaving the meeting.

“It is no crime to belong to the Black Panther Party,” attorney Brad Foster said, according to the newspaper. He added that the New Black Panthers do “charity work within the local community, outreach to the homeless, and works with at-risk youth who are at risk of becoming criminals.”

But the prosecutor said Heath was stopped because he was wearing a large, obvious ballistic vest.

“He was stopped, and a loaded handgun was taken from his pocket,” prosecutor Christopher Ryan said.

Heath faces a minimum three-and-a-half-year sentence if convicted of possessing the gun. He’s due back in court June 26 to find out if he’ll face charges of gun possession and illegally wearing body armor, the Post reported. He is being held in lieu of $75,000 bail.

"I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see,
I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see.
When I kill all the whities I see, then whitey he won't bother me,
Then I'll get a white woman who's wearing a navy blue sweater.."

Wearing body armor is not a crime in most jurisdictions. Possession by a felon convicted of a violent crime under 18 USC 931 is. States may also have some of their own laws. Found a Salim Shabazz arrested in 2009 for a string of hold ups in PA outside of Philly in2009 but don't know if this is the same guy.

He is a big Obama supporter in any case. Must have missed the last gun buyback.

"I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see,

When I kill all the whities I see, then whitey he won't bother me,

Then I'll get a white woman who's wearing a navy blue sweater.."

Great scene from old SNL

I don't approve of any of this article, it's completely stupid. Every single scary thing they said about him could be taken apart point by point. Only reason I won't spend 5 minutes on it is nobody here cares, as evidenced by almost all of the responses here.

I guess a scary black man that is associated with an organization you don't like should be treated by law with the full weight of all your suspicions and fears. If this guy was a Catholic Nun teamed with a hippie Peace Corps worker and the story was exactly the same I doubt there would be so much drama. Just a firearm illegally possessed in NYC.

This is the old standard I love best:

Heath wasthe New Black Panther Party member wearing a paramilitary uniform and carrying a baton in the infamous 2008 election video shot in front of a Philadelphia polling place.

I have voted in every general election and every primary in PA for 5 years, although we have a lot of weird elections and I have definitely missed most. But I am voting once a year minimum.

I have open carried a sidearm to every single polling place I have been to in the past five years. The only people not allowed to be armed at polling places in PA are Police. Which is the reason the only mandatory duty of Constables is to keep the peace at the polls.

Was this one of the guys who already plead Guilty to voter intimidation during Obama's first run for President? Then when Holder took office he refused to follow through on the prosecution and the guy walked?

I think he was one of the three correct?

Was this one of the guys who already plead Guilty to voter intimidation during Obama's first run for President? Then when Holder took office he refused to follow through on the prosecution and the guy walked?

I think he was one of the three correct?

If the article, is correct, then yes.

The voter intimidation flame was nationally stoked over the fact that they carried arms at the polls, and that should supposedly be intimidating in and of itself. A couple people said they felt intimidated, but that is not what brought it to federal scrutiny.

Holder properly dropped the case because carrying arms to the polls in legal in PA, except for Cops. I'm going to give him benefit of the doubt that there didn't seem to be much evidence of intimidation outside of them being armed and looking scary. There may very well have been such evidence, but I haven't seen it.

"But the prosecutor said Heath was stopped because he was wearing a large, obvious ballistic vest."

So basically they stopped him because he was doing something that was completely legal? Pretty bogus reason to stop someone but in NYC there is no such thing as probable cause. 

Holder properly dropped the case because carrying arms to the polls in legal in PA, except for Cops. I'm going to give him benefit of the doubt that there didn't seem to be much evidence of intimidation outside of them being armed and looking scary. There may very well have been such evidence, but I haven't seen it.

I totally disagree with you.  I do not see how standing infront of a polling station with a weapon and making racial statements is not voter intimidation.  And the courts agree with me, which is what made Holder dropping the case so shameful.  This guy was already found guilty.

If the article, is correct, then yes.

The voter intimidation flame was nationally stoked over the fact that they carried arms at the polls, and that should supposedly be intimidating in and of itself. A couple people said they felt intimidated, but that is not what brought it to federal scrutiny.

There was video of one of them swinging a club in the general direction of people who wanted to vote while making racial comments. At least one account of them driving off one person for being white, and doing so with threats of violence. Dropping the charges was not cool. This was not simply being at the polling place armed. 

let's see...how long until he is a reformed - born again something or other running a non profit and collecting handouts from members or the government.

So true. What's worse is they will line up to give him the money.