mipafox

Are Slingshots Legal in NJ?

I suggest we form a company ... say " NJ Marble Ballistics Testing Laboratories".  We get a logo that reads "NJBalls". We offer our services for $5, and our sole service is testing if your marbles are suitable for slingshot usage.  It doesn't really matter if anyone every hires us, we can make zero profit every year, maybe even take a loss.

THEN, if anyone wants a slingshot we hire them as independent testing contractor for $0.10 per year, payable in used range brass.

Done, now they will have an explainable lawful purpose, testing marbles.

I suggest we form a company ... say " NJ Marble Ballistics Testing Laboratories".  We get a logo that reads "NJBalls". We offer our services for $5, and our sole service is testing if your marbles are suitable for slingshot usage.  It doesn't really matter if anyone every hires us, we can make zero profit every year, maybe even take a loss.

THEN, if anyone wants a slingshot we hire them as independent testing contractor for $0.10 per year, payable in used range brass.

Nice. I'll apply!

I suggest we form a company ... say " NJ Marble Ballistics Testing Laboratories". We get a logo that reads "NJBalls". We offer our services for $5, and our sole service is testing if your marbles are suitable for slingshot usage. It doesn't really matter if anyone every hires us, we can make zero profit every year, maybe even take a loss.

+1

Can we do something like this but as professional body guards so we can all get carry permits?

I suggest we form a company ... say " NJ Marble Ballistics Testing Laboratories". We get a logo that reads "NJBalls". We offer our services for $5, and our sole service is testing if your marbles are suitable for slingshot usage. It doesn't really matter if anyone every hires us, we can make zero profit every year, maybe even take a loss.

You need to pay payroll taxes, comply w minimum wage restrictions, etc and if more than 50 "employees" Obama(dont)Care

You need to pay payroll taxes, comply w minimum wage restrictions, etc and if more than 50 "employees" Obama(dont)Care

Which can be done with one phone call to a payroll company. Or, preferably, a CPA that runs a payroll company.

I've done it twice. It's free, no cost! Because the government doesn't pay for it.

In case anyone really cares to read more NJ Law here is a link.

http://law.onecle.com/new-jersey/2c-the-new-jersey-code-of-criminal-justice/39-3.html

I bought one several years ago to shoot a line over a tree for a ham radio antenna, so I guess that was justifiable cause.  Target practice on fuzzy, nada.

It's now getting complicated....Just saw a rack full of slingshots,replacement bands and stainless shot at my local Walmart. So to recap, 2 national chains now sell slingshots in NJ. Harbor Freight and Wallyworld.

So the questions are ,has the laws changed, the interpretation reread or do we have 2 retailers with entire legal teams on retainer interpreting the laws erroneously?....

Were you following me today? I was just in the West Windsor store at lunchtime to get a few things and saw the replacement tubes (along with two empty spots marked for slinshots right above) in the sporting goods section. I also saw BBs & pellets on the shelf, completely accessable to anyone. Since they can be used in "firearm" pistols (as defined by this state), shouldn't they be subject to the same rules & regulations as "normal" ammo?

Were you following me today? I was just in the West Windsor store at lunchtime to get a few things and saw the replacement tubes (along with two empty spots marked for slinshots right above) in the sporting goods section. I also saw BBs & pellets on the shelf, completely accessable to anyone. Since they can be used in "firearm" pistols (as defined by this state), shouldn't they be subject to the same rules & regulations as "normal" ammo?

So was I....had to get some R14 and passed the outdoor section and there were 2 slingshots left as well as quite a lot of steel shot and replacement bands...... so my question remains.

One of my posts and photo of a slingshot I purchased at Harbor Freight  for my nephew in Norway was deleted with a MOD notation that I was not to post anything considered "illegal"....understandable of course but where do we stand now?