checko

Chest rigs

The only place UCP Works:

Posted Image

Lol damnit, I knew that was coming. Luckily I do have that very couch!!

Good deal, you got the X harness. You will be pleased, you chose wisely!

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

If you don't like the pattern, it is nothing some Rit Dye and some spray paint can't fix ;)

Originally I was gonna get the bib, but I didn't really know what I'd use it for so I asked then to change out to the more expensive(by a couple bucks) x harness. Figured comfort would go farther than an admin pouch on the chest.

Im looking to start with (2) double mag pouches, a double mag pouch on the weak side shingle, a knife pouch, flashlight pouch, dump pouch, a utility pouch probably for a med kit, a way to attach my torniquet, and I found a $20 hydration carrier on another site but I'm not sure if it will be awkward or help balance out the front.

Any other suggestions?

Get a purpose designed Med Kit, not just a standard Ute. The med pouches have elastic inside to organize your kit and keep it neat. Most also have a "quick detach" feature so they can be removed from the vest/rig while being used. Makes it much easier for self aid as well as buddy aid. I also like to keep my aid kit on my belt. I may run a drill, attend a class, or teach wearing only my first line without my vest/armor/chest rig. Keeping the Med rig there assures I always have it. Another option is to keep a small bleeder pouch on your belt and a bigger aid kit on your vest.

- I really like the ATS small tear away pouch and the BFG Trauma Kit Now. HSGI makes a great small bleeder pouch if you are looking to go that route.

Don't run the dumper on your harness, keep it on your belt close to the 6 O'clock position but slightly to the support side. Makes it easier to use and keeps your center of balance lower where it should be without swinging all over the place. Also keeping it lower lets you get mags in and out easier without trying to stick your elbow in your ear.

- I like the CSM New Dump Pouch and the Crye Dump pouch. The Crye is unobtanium, but contact Donna before your EAG class and see of Pat will have any at his class for sale. If so, ask her to put one aside for you.

- Avoid the Maxpedition Roly Poly. Works great as an evidence/SSE pouch, but it is too shallow for running mags. When you go into and out of prone you will have a yard sale of all the gear in it.

Keep 1 TQ as close to your centerline as possible. I carry two, one in my medpouch held horizontally, and one vertically on my center line.

-I use the BFG Tourniquet Now! Strap attached to my center rifle mag pouch. Holds the TQ vertically deat center. Works great too, enough retention that it won't fall off, but comes out with a good strong tug. Mayflower makes a horizontal one that works really well also. you could also use a rubber band but you will have to check it often. They rot quickly in the sun, and it seems even faster if they got hit by bug spray.

I still strongly suggest a single row of rifle mags on your chest and not a double.

I have never liked a hydro pouch on my back in armor or in a chest rig. I never used it to drink on the line and found a bottle of water/Gatorade in my dump pouch worked much better.

When I said double mag pouch I meant (2) single cells in a two wide configuration giving me 4x1 mags across my chest.

Thanks for the info.

Ah! Perfect. Trying to descrbe the different pouches can get confusing.

ATS makes a good mag pouch for there you but will have to get a triple (This is what I use on my armor - you can tuck the pull tab into the MOLLE and use the bungee as a sideways retention instead of vertical. Turns it into a great open top pouch) and a single to make the 4 across.

http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=RMP0

Avoid any that use kydex or plastic or retention on the front of your body. Going prone on a hot day even for a short time can alter their shape pretty quickly of they user really think or cheap plastic. They work great for an emergency reload pouch on your support side hip though.

Ah! Perfect. Trying to descrbe the different pouches can get confusing.

ATS makes a good mag pouch for there you but will have to get a triple (This is what I use on my armor - you can tuck the pull tab into the MOLLE and use the bungee as a sideways retention instead of vertical. Turns it into a great open top pouch) and a single to make the 4 across.

http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=RMP0

Not 100% sure what you mean here.  

Triple%20M4%20Mag%20Shingle.png

Are you saying to pull the bungee down to the side and tighten it so it will still put pressure on the mag, keeping it in place?

These pics are all of one of my work rigs (this one is an MSA SOHPC with plates and backers in) with issued gear (except for the FDE PMag. That is a 15/20 that is personally owned)

Here is a look at the ATS triple mag pouch centered in the front of the PC with BFG 10 speed single mag pouches on cells 1 and 3, and a BFG Tourniquet Now! with a CAT Tourniquet on the number 2 cell/center line of my rig. The bungee retention on the mag pouches as it is shown here is how I always keep it:

820439DA-6961-410A-9CBA-C9A29421361F-613

Here the cell on the left has the bungee used in the traditional way - over the top with a pull tab. The cell to the right is how I prefer to have the pouches set up - The tab is tucked into the top MOLLE row on the right side. (I made no adjustments to the bungee, didn't shorten it or anything, just tucked the tab in and it was good to go). Both hold the mag equally well in the pouch but the setup on the right (tab tucked into the MOLLE) is faster to pull from and easier to put mags back while wearing:

BC3087F4-5752-4158-9DCF-494980A5F188-613

Here is a FDE PMag 15/20 in the left BFG 10 Speed pouch and a PMag 30 in the right side. I like the 10 Speeds here because they let me add mags or items of similar size quickly allowing me to base my loadout on the job/training as required and take up no space when empty:

426BFC07-DEAA-4D7A-B2CA-5191423FED5C-613

Here is a close up of the BFG Tourniquet Now! Keeping a TQ centerline so you can grab it with either hand is important for self aid. Pictures below both with the CAT:

4863C2F3-FB2B-4B36-BCF6-3108F452EB96-613

and without the CAT:

60FB32CF-2C94-40E0-9E47-50CE641D8877-613

Hope that helps.

Thanks, glad it is helpful.

I currently keep all of my pistol mags on my first line, just to the support side of my belt buckle, in an Eagle FB triple mag pouch. I used to keep 2 on my first line and 2 on my plate carrier, but ditched the mags on the PC to make room for a Taser holster.

I just got a single Pistol Fast Mag and am looking for a spot to mount it, but it doesn't look too promising right now.

Some guys I know do that with no real issues, I personally don't like it. I try to stay as slim as possible up front. I have found that getting in and out of prone, certain kneeling, and more complicated asymmetrical shooting positions that allow you to use cover appropriately is easier the slimmer the front of your rig is. The 10 speed pouches usually stay empty (and I prefer it that way) but are available to plus up on ammo or carry mission specific equipment if I need them.

When I do/did carry pistol mags on my 2nd line they are right next to my rifle mags, directly to my support side. I like to keep a small utility pouch Directly to the strong side of my rifle mags.

My emergency reload pouches for rifle and pistol mags are on my 1st line. I use the mags on my 2nd line to backfill empty pouches on my first line whenever I can. I can draw mags straight from my chest if I have to, but prefer pulling all of my reloads from my belt.

You really have to look at your ammo management/carrying setup as a system. Each part has to be thought out for what works for you, but it all has to compliment each other when you are wearing everything. You concealed gear has to compliment your duty gear has to compliment your training gear has to compliment your SHTF gear has to compliment your battle rattle has to compliment your Etc...

Rig came in the mail yesterday. IMG_20130628_013230_402_zps8c9e33b2.jpg I'm liking it so far but we'll see when I get some pouches on there and some weight on it. TT customer service was great, modifying my order at my request and absorbing a couple dollars without asking to make life easier for me. Shipping seemed pretty fast from WA. BTW yes I know its UCP (most people seem to hate that pattern) but all ACU in UCP is 50% off at TT

great choice

Got a few things in today, most notable was the TT magna mag pouch.  I like the small magnets that they sew into the pouch to keep your mags in place even with an open top.  You can still use a velcro tab over the mag if you want extra retention but they seem to hold my 1911 mags quite nicely. 

I paid the 2 double m4 mag pouches but it seems they are on back order, so I asked if they could substitute a single and triple instead.  Waiting for a reply.  

Also got the TAG hydro pouch, and a set of Diamondback Tactical pouches I found on another forum for cheap. Came with 2 "pistol mag" pouches that will hold my knife and a flashlight, and a large utility pouch.  Not sure if I'm going to use the utility on the rig, as it seems to get in the way where ever I put it.  I'm not going to put it in the front and if I put it on either side, I'm afraid that it will get in the way my pistol or mag draws.  

IMG_20130702_242407_782_zps7c4507e2.jpg

Ok rounding out my kit.  Need a few malice clips to put on a mag pouch and looking at the med kit, which brings me to my next question.

I have taken a basic cpr course a couple of years ago but I would be woefully unprepared to respond to a massive hemorrhage.  Aside from, elevate, pressure and cover, I wouldnt know what to do with anything in that med kit. 

Where can one go for instruction on basic first aid for gunshot wounds?

Go here: http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/

Lots of military issue ACU stuff cheap.

As for the GSW class, I don't know. I will ask around. I do have a medic friend. Maybe he would be interested in teaching a class if you can get enough folks together. I know I could use a refresher.

Go here: http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/

Lots of military issue ACU stuff cheap.

As for the GSW class, I don't know. I will ask around. I do have a medic friend. Maybe he would be interested in teaching a class if you can get enough folks together. I know I could use a refresher.

That would be great, thanks.

I was just talking about a buddy that is qualified to teach medical class, specifically the treatment of gun shot wound/trauma.

As far as teaching a rifle class, if someone gets their hands on a range, and schedules work out, I can run folks through some drills.

I realized this when I woke up this morning and read through my content. I was half asleep and had no idea what I was typing. lol!