checko

Chest rigs

How is TAG gear? Someone offered to sell me this:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/tactical-assault-gear-releasable-armor-carrier.html

"Used", but unworn, in UCP (matches all the pouches I've already purchased) with a few pouches thrown in for $160 shipped.  I checked on this particular carrier and it seems it was discontinued because of a patent dispute with eagle.  

Looks like a really good deal to me.  Thoughts?

He may mean like I'm woefully unprepared

For the money this thread is makin me wanna spend!

Thanks Checko! ;p

Haha if you read the OP you can see I wasn't either. I originally didn't even plan to get any of this. I guess you go big or go home lol

Here's the new kangaroo pouches that just came in. I'm still waiting on my msm admin pouch which I'm using as a general utility pouch. I have a med pouch but it's on my bob. Still need to find the best way to rig my m9 bayo on here. Any suggestions?

All in I'm at less then $300 for the vest soft armor and all the molle gear

Posted Image

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Lol in what way?

I was reading through the thread and after seeing all the thought that some people have put into their rigs it occurred to me that I have not put 1/10th the consideration into it that I should if I want something that will work.

I had a vest similar to incognito's but in tan, but recently gave it back to the store bc we had run out of inventory on them.  I have the ESAPI plates still so I am going to start looking into what PC I want to build a rig with.  This thread has given me some great examples.

I was reading through the thread and after seeing all the thought that some people have put into their rigs it occurred to me that I have not put 1/10th the consideration into it that I should if I want something that will work.

I had a vest similar to incognito's but in tan, but recently gave it back to the store bc we had run out of inventory on them. I have the ESAPI plates still so I am going to start looking into what PC I want to build a rig with. This thread has given me some great examples.

Because of you I've spent hours googling diffrent gear set ups. Dick

Lol

Got my maxpedition/milspecmonkey admin pouch. Really really well made and a great size but it doesn't have built in molle straps so I guess I have to order a few(alot). The Velcro is very strong which can be a plus or minus, you will not lose anything out of there but you do really have to yank it open

Posted ImagePosted Image

3 pockets. Outer 2 have the elastic retainers. Middle velcros tightly shut

Posted Image

Stopped in to the store today to see what we had available in case anyone in the area wanted to stop in.  We have a few Interceptor vests (the kind Incognito has), and a plate carrier that is identical to the Condor Modular Operator Plate Carrier.  It comes in either Coyote or Black, and we have both in stock.  

Here is a pic of the Modular Operator Plate Carrier.  Not the most flattering pic in the world but it is actually pretty well built for the price.  It has an adjustable cummerbund, front and rear plate pockets, side plate pockets, an admin pouch in the front, and quick detach shoulder straps.  The nylon is very durable and everything is double stitched.  Here is also a stock photo of the tan one. 

MOPC_003_front.jpg

drcm.jpg

It does look very similar to the Eagle LE PC, but judging from the price on the Eagle I am going to assume it is much better quality lol.

I actually meant to put my above posts in the "where to try on plate carriers" thread and got mixed up!

We also have a bunch of different tac vests in stock in various colors.

Soooooo...

I had a TAG mag pouch on order that is apparently back-ordered until mid October. It was a double stack tripple mag pouch with bungee retention. Now I'm fine waiting if it's the right pouch for the job, but I've been thinking of alternatives.

At the top of the list is running a single stack triple mag pouch from Mayflower and the mount two FastMags and a double pistol pouch in between them (or move my pistol mags to my future belt system and mount tourniquets in their place). I'd lose a mag of capacity but it would make the rig a bit slimmer. Just wanted some thoughts from anyone willing to share.

I'm glad I didn't do double m4 mags in front. Prone would be awkward. I do have my single stack 1911 mags and tq on top of the Mags. Works pretty well. I still have room for 5-6 rifle mags, a flashlight pouch, knife pouch, and in panel and ifak. I will be moving the ifak to the belt giving me even more room.

A single stack triple M4 mag pouch with BFG 10 speed pouches on top to plus up mags - if you need to - is the way to go in my opinion.

Having a double layer of mags becomes more troublesome than handy. The bulk precludes a lot of standard shooting positions and almost prohibits some of the more unique ones. It is bulky, heavy, and uncomfortable.

I guess my concern is that it just seems, for lack of a better term, weird to only keep 45-60 rounds on my chest.

Now I could run 2 single stack triples, throw an admin pouch on top to keep it flatter, and still maintain the same utility.

Now you got me thinking! I knew I liked you guys for a reason. :D