bravozulu14

Home Invasion in Millburn, NJ caught on tape

But... But... But... this is Millburn, a safe place! This can't happen there! I only need to be prepared to protect myself in Newark or Camden!

At the very least I pocket carry in my house when I am in my home, mowing my lawn, walking my dog out front or playing outside with my kid. I have responded to/investigated these instances enough to have no illusions regarding "safe towns" or "it can't happen here".

Violent crime that involves true victims (vs A-hole on A-hole crime or OTH/NHI crimes) is unpredictable. It can happen anywhere, any time, and with a quickness that will astound most who have never experienced it.

These are the types of stories that make me wonder when people say "I only carry in bad neighborhoods" or "I don't need to worry here because my town is a safe place with virtually no crime."

“Attacked by an intruder who did not care she was unarmed.”

How stupid.  Of course he cared that she was unarmed, he would have fled had she been armed!!

It's pretty freaking funny to watch all the gun haters going batshit about this on facebook while I calmly strap on my gun...

I just hope that no one dare step out of line and mention that the black community is in dire need of both societal reassessment and also accountability. Apparently most either don't care or are scared to speak out, and certainly no one will demand better for all of us.  Fact is that "people" just like him terrorize the innocent every day and no one will say so because we don't want to hurt their feelings.

Brilliant strategy, one which is clearly working out well for the country as a whole indeed.

:)

Haven't bother to watch the video. I bet that if she has an FID and she now applies for a carry permit she will still get DENIED! This sort of crime needs to happen to the judges and politicians in this state, then maybe they will wake th phuck up and realize the rest of the country has it RIGHT!

I only carried at home during Sandy.  Gonna rethink that.  Takes an extra minute to open the safe and grab the Ruger LCR in a pocket holster.  After all, you never need a gun ... until you do.

I carry 99% of the time at home. I know some people think that's silly, but it's things like this. When I go away for I make sure my girl sleeps with her Glock in or in the night stand. The other day i was doing yard work and my Sig was definitely hanging out of my waist band while I was bending over for all the neighbors to see and I was a little worried. But then I figured it's my property, it's my family's safety. I know for a fact that the old man that lived in the house before me was robbed twice and we've twice has strangers knocking on the door at odd times (the same MO they used to rob the old man) so I think I'll just keep carrying.

It doesn't matter where you live, if somebody really wants something you have, they'll try to take it.

But... But... But... this is Millburn, a safe place! This can't happen there! I only need to be prepared to protect myself in Newark or Camden!

At the very least I pocket carry in my house when I am in my home, mowing my lawn, walking my dog out front or playing outside with my kid. I have responded to/investigated these instances enough to have no illusions regarding "safe towns" or "it can't happen here".

Violent crime that involves true victims (vs A-hole on A-hole crime or OTH/NHI crimes) is unpredictable. It can happen anywhere, any time, and with a quickness that will astound most who have never experienced it.

These are the types of stories that make me wonder when people say "I only carry in bad neighborhoods" or "I don't need to worry here because my town is a safe place with virtually no crime."

PREACH!!

yet another home invasion, this time a woman who was selling yardsale items in Fairfield Township.

This was on NJSP facebook a hour ago

Help Solve a Home Invasion Robbery By Looking at New Suspect Sketch

Fairfield Township, Cumberland County, N.J. -- Okay Facebook family, let's try to solve this home invastion. See below:

Troopers and detectives from the Bridgeton State Police Barracks are investigating a home invasion robbery and asking for the public's help to identify a suspect based on a new sketch.

On Friday, June 7, two or three black males arrived at a home on Bridgeton-Millville Pike in the Gouldtown section of Fairfield Township. They asked the woman at the home about purchasing an item for sale in a yard sale. The suspects entered the residence, assaulted woman, who was home alone at the time, tied her to a kitchen chair and then proceeded to ransack her home. The suspects reportedly stole numerous items including jewelry, cash, coins, and numerous other valuables before fleeing the area.

One suspect was described as a light skin black male with a shaved head, approximately 5’6” tall with an average build was driving an older model red car, possibly a Toyota Tercel. A State Police sketch artist just completed a composite drawing of that suspect, which is attached. The second suspect was described as having a medium dark complexion with long braids pulled back into a pony tail and also having an average build.

Anyone with information that would assist in the identification of the suspects involved is asked to contact the NJSP Bridgeton Station detectives at (856) 451-0101. Callers may remain anonymous.

###
6181_516917421696138_496018210_n.jpg

Phucking savage I wish him the worst possible death. Hard to watch when you have a wife and kids and think this can happen anywhere.  My 8 year old son saw this at his friends house and came to me visibly upset as was I that he saw it.   I tried to console him and let him know I am here to protect him.  But I know the visual and mental scar is still there.  I fear the world and country my children will have to grow up in.

There are many different versions of this video edited. Anybody who says she wouldn't have had time to get to a weapon is only seeing the edited videos. She was left alone several times as he scoured the house. If there was a gun on the first floor she could have gotten to it. Although her capacity to use it effectively would be unknown

Just as an FYI to the membership, daytime burglaries in nicer neighborhoods are happening more and more frequently. I wonder if this guy meant to do a HI or if this was an intended burglary that become a HI of "Opportunity" when the perp realized there was only a woman and child home.

These burglaries are typically happening during weekday days when victims and potential witnesses (neighbors) are most likely out or at work.

The MO is as follows:

They are never alone. One of them will knock on the front door a few times. If someone answers they will ask for "Tom" or "John" or "whomever" and give an excuse for why they may have the wrong address before leaving. If this happens to you, call the local Police as soon as they leave and give a good description and direction of travel.

If no one answers the door after a couple of knocks they will go to the backyard and smash a window/kick in a door then hide someplace with a decent view of the area of the house they just vandalized and wait for 10-15 minutes. If no one comes to investigate the broken door/window, no cops come, etc... they will then enter the residence and take what they want.

Protect your home with an alarm, motion sensing lights, and a dog if possible. Keep valuables away from wondows and out of view of the deont door if possible. Lock your doors regardless of how "safe" you block/neighborhood/town is. Be alert to strange cars and people in your neighborhood. Watch for your neighbors and ask them to do the same for you. Call the Police if anything seems off. Trust your gut. Most people have a decent "Spidey Sense" but few act on it when it tingles until it is too late. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I knew that guy was up to no good" or "I thought it was strange that car was parked there" I could have retired a millionaire a long time ago.

I know I am happy to come and speak to any homeowner in my town who calls and try to find anyone reported as suspicious and investigate. I have grabbed quite a few good arrests following up on "Suspicious Persons" calls and have been able to lock up a couple of burglars with proceeds/property still on their person.

He opened front door to leave. No gloves. No prints on this guy ?

You would be surprised at the very few number of surfaces in your home that will actually retain prints and how few of those you can actually lift them back off of.

Doorknobs are particularly hard because they have so many sets of prints stacked on top of each other. It is almost impossible to isolate and lift just one print from all those layers of older prints below.

Even if they can get prints off that surface and he isn't in the system the prints won't help catch him, but they may help convict him.

Although her capacity to use it effectively would be unknown

There's as good a chance as not that if she pointed a gun at this scumbag he would have run off like a scalded cat. Not that I disagree with you, I know a few people with a handgun in the house that have never fired it. Not a good scenario to be sure.

Damn, I find myself getting angrier by the minute after watching that video.

For everyone who has criticized me for always being holstered up at home....

I was catching daily insults here from your brothers before you graduated the academy.  I'm a punching bag from way back.  I'm like the OG of NJGF West Side low key.  :keeporder:

It's funny how attitudes can change.  Not due to changes in facts.  Not due to right or wrong or good or bad.  Not due to statistics.

It always comes down to a lack of familiarity and generations of false premises.  It always comes down to the last few million people in the country that don't understand that firearms are normal, as is carry thereof.

????

My apologies to you sir if I wasn't clear.  You see groups as well as individuals must be held reasonably accountable for their actions, this especially so if their actions have a negative effect upon those around them.  What we often see right here in NJ is that once the black community establishes a foothold in a particular area, the crime rate dramatically increases accordingly.  This is a matter of fact and not my personal opinion.

This dysfunction costs everyone around them, primarily their fellow blacks.  In fact the most unfortunate are often the innocent children forced to grow up under such difficult and dangerous circumstances.  Then we have business owners who flee the specified regions, damaging the local economy even further.  The problem also costs the taxpayer who is literally forced to help sustain many of these unsavory individuals via entitlement programs.

So you see my friend, when we simply look at fact only we can clearly discern a problem.  And while we have the rare likes of a Bill Cosby who may be willing to tell it like it is, he is not only chastised but also far from the norm in that regard.  Most blacks believe it to be taboo to speak out against the problem, the very same one that costs them the most.  Is that due to fear or perhaps might it be due to simple complacency?

Well either way sir the rest of us need not be so complacent, especially when we see a fellow citizen, particularly in this case an innocent mother being savagely pummeled in front of her small, terrified child.  I've always been taught that the only way to fix what is broken is to begin by identifying what it is causing the problem and then take sensible steps to fix it.  Yet if we continue to ignore or cast blame on inanimate objects (firearms) in regard to issues within the black community, what might make anyone anywhere suspect things will ever change for the better?

So in closing my friend I'll simply state that just as I should be obligated to expose and hold accountable a dysfunctional, dangerous relative who is a danger to those around him, the black community should be compelled to say enough is enough.  Both for the sake of the good citizens within the community (of which I acknowledge there are very many) and again also the innocent children who deserve better as they grow up.

I hope that explanation may have been of some help to you.  Have a good evening.

Just as an FYI to the membership, daytime burglaries in nicer neighborhoods are happening more and more frequently. I wonder if this guy meant to do a HI or if this was an intended burglary that become a HI of "Opportunity" when the perp realized there was only a woman and child home.

These burglaries are typically happening during weekday days when victims and potential witnesses (neighbors) are most likely out or at work.

The MO is as follows:

They are never alone. One of them will knock on the front door a few times. If someone answers they will ask for "Tom" or "John" or "whomever" and give an excuse for why they may have the wrong address before leaving. If this happens to you, call the local Police as soon as they leave and give a good description and direction of travel.

If no one answers the door after a couple of knocks they will go to the backyard and smash a window/kick in a door then hide someplace with a decent view of the area of the house they just vandalized and wait for 10-15 minutes. If no one comes to investigate the broken door/window, no cops come, etc... they will then enter the residence and take what they want.

Protect your home with an alarm, motion sensing lights, and a dog if possible. Keep valuables away from wondows and out of view of the deont door if possible. Lock your doors regardless of how "safe" you block/neighborhood/town is. Be alert to strange cars and people in your neighborhood. Watch for your neighbors and ask them to do the same for you. Call the Police if anything seems off. Trust your gut. Most people have a decent "Spidey Sense" but few act on it when it tingles until it is too late. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I knew that guy was up to no good" or "I thought it was strange that car was parked there" I could have retired a millionaire a long time ago.

I know I am happy to come and speak to any homeowner in my town who calls and try to find anyone reported as suspicious and investigate. I have grabbed quite a few good arrests following up on "Suspicious Persons" calls and have been able to lock up a couple of burglars with proceeds/property still on their person.

You would be surprised at the very few number of surfaces in your home that will actually retain prints and how few of those you can actually lift them back off of.

Doorknobs are particularly hard because they have so many sets of prints stacked on top of each other. It is almost impossible to isolate and lift just one print from all those layers of older prints below.

Even if they can get prints off that surface and he isn't in the system the prints won't help catch him, but they may help convict him.

good to know and thanks....especially so with kids being off for summer break and only the grandparents or wife to watch over them

This video really puts a lump in your throat, knowing that this could easily be your family that this has happened too. I have never property carried before, but this seals the deal. This should also be conformation that this can happen anytime anywhere (if you didn't already know).

Thanks for the descriptive from High Exposure--my wife always has an eye out for suspicious behavior and people that look like they are up to no good.

I have considered carry in the house and on my land, definitely going to buy some good holsters and start carrying in the home and on the property now!

This is why I have a big dog near by.  He would certainly bide me some time.

My apologies to you sir if I wasn't clear.  You see groups as well as individuals must be held reasonably accountable for their actions, this especially so if their actions have a negative effect upon those around them.  What we often see right here in NJ is that once the black community establishes a foothold in a particular area, the crime rate dramatically increases accordingly.  This is a matter of fact and not my personal opinion.

This dysfunction costs everyone around them, primarily their fellow blacks.  In fact the most unfortunate are often the innocent children forced to grow up under such difficult and dangerous circumstances.  Then we have business owners who flee the specified regions, damaging the local economy even further.  The problem also costs the taxpayer who is literally forced to help sustain many of these unsavory individuals via entitlement programs.

So you see my friend, when we simply look at fact only we can clearly discern a problem.  And while we have the rare likes of a Bill Cosby who may be willing to tell it like it is, he is not only chastised but also far from the norm in that regard.  Most blacks believe it to be taboo to speak out against the problem, the very same one that costs them the most.  Is that due to fear or perhaps might it be due to simple complacency?

Well either way sir the rest of us need not be so complacent, especially when we see a fellow citizen, particularly in this case an innocent mother being savagely pummeled in front of her small, terrified child.  I've always been taught that the only way to fix what is broken is to begin by identifying what it is causing the problem and then take sensible steps to fix it.  Yet if we continue to ignore or cast blame on inanimate objects (firearms) in regard to issues within the black community, what might make anyone anywhere suspect things will ever change for the better?

So in closing my friend I'll simply state that just as I should be obligated to expose and hold accountable a dysfunctional, dangerous relative who is a danger to those around him, the black community should be compelled to say enough is enough.  Both for the sake of the good citizens within the community (of which I acknowledge there are very many) and again also the innocent children who deserve better as they grow up.

I hope that explanation may have been of some help to you.  Have a good evening.

Agreed lets stop pretending the problem isnt the problem....