bravozulu14

Home Invasion in Millburn, NJ caught on tape

My blood is boiling. 

I know a family living on Cypress St. 

Millburn (Short Hills is part of Millburn, not separated town) is very nice town. A lot of wealthy liberals living in La-La land, one of them in aftermath of Newton was trying to convince me that only 1-shot firearms should be legal: "why anyone needs more than one bullet for protection?"... 

Wake up call. 

I'm going to forward that link to my wife, so next time she asks me "you don't keep your guns loaded in the house, right?"  she'll have the answer to her question before she even asks.

A few months back, we went out to dinner and came back to find all the planters that were on the front bay window ledge were smashed on the living room floor.  Our Chows do not like to see strangers in any proximity and they bark furiously.  They must have been going berserk running on the ledge.  We had no idea why.

The next day, someone did exactly what was described in a previous post - waited until everyone was gone next door, then smashed through the back window and stripped the entire house of anything not bolted down.  I was working in my home office not 30 feet away and heard nothing.

What I am guessing is that they cased our house first, got scared away by the wild dogs and decided to pick an easier target.

The neighbor also got screwed on the insurance because jewelry was capped at well below what was taken.

After my wife saw that video she asked me to teach her how to use our guns, her exact quote was "we have these guns and they are useless to me, I need to learn how to use them" 

I hope to get her out to the range this weekend.

there are no words to explain how i feel .But every time they try to shove another feel good law thru assembly this video should play and then votes should be  casted.

Open season on thugs, come get some!

I have two retired people on my dead-end street. One sits in her enclosed porch all day long watching and reading, she is my alarm system! My dog roams the house all day long, he is the second line. After that, a perp better hope we're not home, or someone will be cleaning a lot of blood. By the way, who actually gets that task, the homeowner? I need new carpet anyway.  ;)

After my wife saw that video she asked me to teach her how to use our guns, her exact quote was "we have these guns and they are useless to me, I need to learn how to use them" 

I hope to get her out to the range this weekend.

You'd think that would be the standard response, but surprisingly it's not, at least not with the people I've shown the video to.

My blood is boiling. 

I know a family living on Cypress St. 

Millburn (Short Hills is part of Millburn, not separated town) is very nice town. A lot of wealthy liberals living in La-La land, one of them in aftermath of Newton was trying to convince me that only 1-shot firearms should be legal: "why anyone needs more than one bullet for protection?"... 

Wake up call. 

I live in short hills. Just because there is money here doesn't mean its all liberal people. A lot of capitalist wall street people here and old money.

In fact, the town govt is predominately Republican. More people have gun permits here than you would think. Most people on my block are armed. We have zero to do with the majority of Essex county. Don't forget, we have tried to succeed over to Morris county.

In saying this.. my wife's reaction was the same as a couple posts back. She now is demanding I take and train her so she can have access to the safe.

-carl

Open season on thugs, come get some!

...a perp better hope we're not home, or someone will be cleaning a lot of blood.

Simply assuming that because you are armed you will be successful if a sudden home invasion occurs is understandable but foolish.  Yes your neighbor helps and surely your dog as well, but these things tend to happen quickly and your state of mind or location in the home may not be ideal for countering a prepared, adrenaline-filled intruder that also may well have surprised you.

Simply assuming that because you are armed you will be successful if a sudden home invasion occurs is understandable but foolish.  Yes your neighbor helps and surely your dog as well, but these things tend to happen quickly and your state of mind or location in the home may not be ideal for countering a prepared, adrenaline-filled intruder that also may well have surprised you.

It's a hell of a lot less foolish than assuming you will be prepared because you are unarmed and have no dog.

Training, alarms, guard dogs thats all great. But the real problem is the" justice system and politicians "  Who lack what it takes to rid our towns of this scum. Politicians speak who speak out both sides of their pie holes. One to disarm the public, And two failure to punish these parasites with Death. 

Nope, not armed at home, no need for it. If they have a gun, I have a problem. If they don't, they will not leave the same way they walked-in. ;)

Police can only do so much. Despite the lies told by progressives, we live in a Country with a middle of the road to low violent crime rate. And If you look at the long term trend, the rate is pretty much the lowest since the 60s, after blipping a bit in the 80s and early 90s. Jersey also has a violent crime rate in line with or on the better side of the modern western world. Outside of some of the really shitty areas, that is.

Cops and judges can't fix all of it. Of course we get mad when some of the animals are let out, and of course it costs some lives and quality of the community. We should improve it where we can. But at some point we all have to either prepare to deal with the remainder or quit bitching and hope for the best.

carl_g , I have an opinion based on 10+ people I know in that town, I'm glad you live on a better block. 

back on topic. 

arrested!  

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities have arrested a man wanted in a New Jersey home invasion that left a mother beaten, an attack that was captured on a nanny cam.

The Essex County prosecutor's office said 42-year-old Shawn Custis was arrested Friday in Manhattan by the prosecutor's office and the FBI. Custis faces charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment.

The attack last Friday in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in the woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch. Police withheld the names of the woman and child.

County chief of detectives Anthony Ambrose said Friday that Custis was being transported to an undisclosed location in New Jersey. 

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/arrest-made-nj-nanny-cam-home-invasion