Coltnut

Doesn't anybody reload anymore?

Not sure I understand. Wasn't too long ago that everyone was complaining about the unavailability of reloading supplies, now nobody wants them?

I put some brass up for sale in the classifieds. I thought it would go in a NY minute. It hasn't. So, either nobody has any money, I've priced it too high or I listed it in the wrong place (maybe it should go under accessories instead of ammunition? I don't see any other brass listed under the ammo section.) Anyway, can someone advise me? Not pimping it here, that is what the classifieds are for. But I am down so low that i can't believe nobody wants it. Which makes me think I am not putting the ad in the right place.  just looking for input as to pricing and where to properly list it is all.

Moderators: This is not an ad. i have an ad up. I am simply looking for advice on pricing here. If inappropriate, I apologize and will gladly remove this post, I just didn't know where else to ask values.Thanks.

I  guess you could be right. But It doesn't pay to sell or even give away the lower quantity stuff because it would cost more in gas or shipping than those items are worth. So, I couldn't expect anyone to buy those separately. Therefore, I though 'what the hell', I'll price the .38's, 40's,  rifle brass and 12 ga. and give away the rest of it free to whomever bought the main calibers.

I suppose I could break up the .38's and the .40's and the 5.56's into separate lots, but then gas/shipping would kill any savings the buyer would get. Unless, of course, we happened to live in the same town for example. 

Do you think I misjudged and that people would pay for shipping on such small quantities of brass? 

I understand, but I was giving much of the other calibers away. Figured if someone wants the 38/40/5.56 I'll just throw in the rest gratus. But, if nobody wants that deal, I guess I'll separate em out. Tonight I'll edit the ad for separate caliber sales and see how it goes. If it doesn't sell that way, I'll try it on another forum i belong to that has a lot more revolver guys. The .38's there are selling for almost 2x what i am offering them here for, but the easier local ftf sale was worth the hit to me. Mistakenly thought you guys would quickly snap it up, that's why i asked for advice. I'll edit the ad later. Thanks.

Okay. I wasn't sure on pricing, that's why I asked for advice here. i got my starting asking prices from the averages of Gunbroker sold prices on recent auctions. Figured that's what people are paying plus shipping. I reasoned that locally folks are saving shipping so that is something, and a reasonable starting point. Lowered it a lot since then. I believe that I am below market now, but I am open to offers if the sale is convenient. I am not looking for top dollar, convenience is a big factor for me which is why i wanted to sell it all at once, locally. Or trade it for other brass.

I reload, but already have plenty of brass, and only the .38 special has any interest to me.  

I already have a shoebox mostly full of that.

NOW, if you had 158 gr(38) or 200 gr (45) cast semi-wads...

I reload, but already have plenty of brass, and only the .38 special has any interest to me.

I already have a shoebox mostly full of that.

NOW, if you had 158 gr(38) or 200 gr (45) cast semi-wads...

I know cnj casting has the 200 gr semi-wads not sure about the .38s though

Just checked it out...

It's probably because you're trying to sell the entire lot. That's a lot of calibers.

Maybe try breaking them up?

ditto. Also the quantity on most of them are abit low quantity wise. I'd use the .223 and .40, but I have a buttload of .223 at the moment, and it's not enoguh .40 to bother with driving someplace. 

I'd separate out by caliber, and offer to ship flat rate box for cost of shipping on top of asking price. Might give you better luck. Someone might be interested int he .38 special pretty quick, but unless they need the other stuff, $170 for 1800 isn't a good deal. I can get 2000ct same headstamp for $165. And that's the most attractive chunk of the deal all the rest are much worse unless their needs match your selection real well.