Sign in to follow this  
checko

SOCP Dagger

I was just browsing the Benchmade website looking for a knife and I ran across the SOCP. It's a cool dagger, but is largely a novelty that most people will never actually use. I might buy it as part of some SHTF kit, but that's mostly for the fun of collecting anyway.

I was just browsing the Benchmade website looking for a knife and I ran across the SOCP. It's a cool dagger, but is largely a novelty that most people will never actually use. I might buy it as part of some SHTF kit, but that's mostly for the fun of collecting anyway.

Well that's kinda why I was looking at it. I thought it would work out well on my chest rig.

I don't think I'll have an everyday use for it. If you get it make sure you use the coupon code for benchmark I posted in the hot deals section.

Well that's kinda why I was looking at it. I thought it would work out well on my chest rig. I don't think I'll have an everyday use for it. If you get it make sure you use the coupon code for benchmark I posted in the hot deals section.

I just dumped $140 on a 810 Contego so I won't be buying anything edged for a while. I'll be posting about it when it comes on Monday.

A chest rig is definitely on my to-get list so I'll probably buy the SOCP in the not to distant future.

FYI, this knife design was licensed by Benchmade from a company called Spartan Blades.

Here's the original: http://spartanbladesusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=98

I have one knife from them...the Enyo...and it's one of my favorite blades.  Ridiculously ergonomic, super well-made and easily the sharpest out of the box, even among the high end knives in my collection.

Not sure how the Benchmade stacks up, but if you're willing to drop the extra $60, I can't recommend Spartan Blades enough.