Sign in to follow this  
younggun93

ati omni lower, thoughts?

whats the general consensus on these lowers? I bought one back in january and paid too much for it lol. I'm still waiting to get an upper for it 

does anyone have any experience with these lowers or polymer lowers in general?

i saw this a few days ago and nearly kicked my self for dishing out an embarrassingly large amount for this lower

http://imgur.com/a/C1Eq7

oW2aOFnh.jpg

but i guess its possible that that guy just got a bad batch

and yes in hindsight it probably wasnt the best idea lol, it was a learning experience 

I've read of a number of catostrophic failures like the one you pictured on ATI polymer lowers, not NFA. When I was looking for lowers I did some research and the concensus I found was rather equal. What brought me over the edge on the NFA's was the fact that I saw a lot more people have failure issues with the ATI where the biggest issue with the NFA's was the fitting. That's why I started the other thread > http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/49819-new-frontier-lw-15-builds/?p=676468&hl=damjanblues&fromsearch=1

I've read of a number of catostrophic failures like the one you pictured on ATI polymer lowers, not NFA. When I was looking for lowers I did some research and the concensus I found was rather equal. What brought me over the edge on the NFA's was the fact that I saw a lot more people have failure issues with the ATI where the biggest issue with the NFA's was the fitting. That's why I started the other thread > http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/49819-new-frontier-lw-15-builds/?p=676468&hl=damjanblues&fromsearch=1

yeah, from what i've gathered, the NFA lower has thicker material were the rear take down pin is, unlike the ATI lower

i'm on the fence about selling it. I just don't want any catastrophic failures at the range lol

I like my ATI better then the NFA some of the cuts on the frame are different. But the NFA is way tigher when putting together you will have to file it a little to get it together.

how has yours held up? What caliber and how many rounds do you have through it?

I agonized over using a poly lower for my "KISS" lightweight build I'm doing.

After handling one of the ATI's I wasn't all that impressed, and decided that whatever weight

Advantages the poly lowers had were overshadowed by reports of failures.

For a .22 build or a rifle for range/training purposes ONLY?

Sure

For a rifle that may someday be called on to defend myself?

I personally couldn't do it.

Just my 2¢, I'm not an "operator" or anything.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I agonized over using a poly lower for my "KISS" lightweight build I'm doing.

After handling one of the ATI's I wasn't all that impressed, and decided that whatever weight

Advantages the poly lowers had were overshadowed by reports of failures.

For a .22 build or a rifle for range/training purposes ONLY?

Sure

For a rifle that may someday be called on to defend myself?

I personally couldn't do it.

Just my 2¢, I'm not an "operator" or anything.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

yeah i can see what you mean by that, i might just end up turning this into a .22 build 

do not over tighten the castle nut, hold the rifle firm and steady, don't drop it and u will be fine! just ask Zapconj >>> he' ve done pretty of builds using polymer lowers, ran hundreds of rnds and haven't had any issues with them yet as far as I remember ....

and u can always buy fail zero upper I have for sale in the marketplace :)