dh-wp

Some one at UPS needed ammo more than me

I was waiting for 5 boxes of .45 auto that were scheduled to arrive yesterday. But now today, I notice on the UPS tracking page, that "merchandise is missing, UPS will notify the sender with additional details / All merchandise is missing, empty carton was discarded." At least they were honest and did not try to deliver the empty box and then have me blame my neighbors for taking it. :)

Anyone else have this happen?

Looks like it happened in the Secaucus UPS depot.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but not for lack of opportunities on UPS's part.

I've had some retailers ship ammo that was simply the factory carton, labeled as to manufacturer, caliber and quantity, with a shipping label slapped on.

I've had other retailers send ammo re-packed in a non-descript box, but lacking any padding so the ammo inside wore through the box in places and anyone handling the box could see what was inside.

I had exactly the opposite experience back in January. 

When my Freedom Munitions order came, I was suspicious when I saw it was in a UPS branded box, not a Fredom Munitions box as is normal.  When I opened it up, I found a crushed and broken-open Freedom Muntions box inside a clear plastic bag.  It looked like it had fallen off the airplane.  Over 2,000 rounds of ammo had broken out of their boxes, but every single round was accounted for. 

I didn't know whether to complain about the inconvience of counting/verifying the ammo, or to commend them for getting every singe round to me. 

Not stolen but badly damaged package. Opened it on receipt with UPS guy and saw a handful missing. We found a few on the truck but still were 6 missing.I didnt care but was just concerned about strays being who knows where, UPS guy said F-it dont woirry so thats that.

Can you tell us who was sending you the ammo?

I've ordered ammo from a few places online (PSA, Freedom Munitions, Cabellas, Midway, etc). I had one instance like TheDon described where the outside plain brown cardboard box was so beat up that the tape was falling off and the ammo boxes inside were broken lose. Other times groups of two ammo boxes were shrink wrapped together and placed inside a bigger box with plenty of packing material. So much that when you shook the box, you could not tell if anything was shaking inside.

I haven't experienced the issue yet, but with the way things are going, it's just a matter of time.

I've had stuff come pristine and other badly mangled - but it has always shown up.  The ORM-D is really stupid - it just says please steal me.  My regular UPS gal was out on disability for a long time and just recently came back.  Her replacement was a real gun guy and any time he delivered ammo he would want to stay as long as he could and talk guns.  I even met him at the range one Saturday.  The gal is back and when she dropped of my Cabela's long back ordered .22LR shipment yesterday she too had questions.  She wanted to know if they had prices listed on the internet as her husband likes to order from them but always has to call as the print catalog does not have prices in it.

I've been lucky, everything always arrived intact no matter where it came from or the delivery service being used. Now, our USPS service is certainly the worst when it comes to beating-up boxes, but they always arrived.

My regualr UPS guy is pretty cool and actually may be a "gun guy" My last order was rather heavy (case of 9 and case of 40) When I saw the truck pull up I met him at the door and he goes "Whooooa AMMO!, kinda hard finding this stuff now a days" I guess im one of the lucky ones who get their ammo they ordered.

Haha my ups guys knocks on the door and says "pew pew pew" with a thumbs up

Ive never had ammo go missing via UPS. I hear the secaucus hub is very strict with packages and as long as the box is a decent size its usually good to go.

My regualr UPS guy is pretty cool and actually may be a "gun guy" My last order was rather heavy (case of 9 and case of 40) When I saw the truck pull up I met him at the door and he goes "Whooooa AMMO!, kinda hard finding this stuff now a days" I guess im one of the lucky ones who get their ammo they ordered.

My UPS guy is a little TOO enthusiastic with deliveries..

I signed for an upper from PSA last year and my UPS guy was like:

"New toys, huh? WE'RE GONNA NEED EM BROTHER!!"

I get the "knowing knod" and smile now.

If anybody's stealing my ammo, won't be him!

Haha my ups guys knocks on the door and says "pew pew pew" with a thumbs up

Ive never had ammo go missing via UPS. I hear the secaucus hub is very strict with packages and as long as the box is a decent size its usually good to go.

If your UPS guy has a free hand to give you a thumbs up, you're not ordering enough ammo! ;)

My UPS guy is a little TOO enthusiastic with deliveries..

I signed for an upper from PSA last year and my UPS guy was like:

"New toys, huh? WE'RE GONNA NEED EM BROTHER!!"

I get the "knowing knod" and smile now.

If anybody's stealing my ammo, won't be him!

More like if I have ammo missing I know who Im questioning first LOL

If your UPS guy has a free hand to give you a thumbs up, you're not ordering enough ammo! ;)

+1 HAHA

I worked at UPS for 6 and a half years in the inside of the building as a loader and then a supervisor. The ammo is heavy as hell but doesn't get moved with the irregular items on a trolley instead of on the conveyor belt. On the belt there are all manners of slides and chutes and turns if a corner gets caught it is game over and the box will be chewed up and the items get spread all over. I have cleaned a catch grate at the end of a belt one time and found about 50 forks and knives, a couple of hundred rounds of 9mm and 45. and about a million pamphlets for clementon amusement park. It is simply that the belts were not meant to carry that small and heavy of a package in its relatively flimsy normal packaging.