Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

NEVER thought I would say it.

Well it hit me as I was doing the 6 month oiling of some of my guns today and I realized I  am completely content with what I have in the collection.  There is nothing that I am currently lusting for, I have my last purchase, a Black Widow Luger, on layaway and I am purely contempt.  When I had the guns out today cleaning I was just awestruck with the quality of the examples of guns I own and dont want any more.  I NEVER in  my life thought I would say it.  Has anyone else had this happen, just be happy with what you got.  Is it a phase?  I mean I am not even lusting for the CMP any more, figure I got enough Garands for now.....

It's a phase old man.............you'll snap out of it soon enough. :)

Let's not forget, CMP will be selling IHC's sometime soon............

Yup it's a phase, he hit the big 3-0 and he suddenly feels old hahahaha

If you want to get rid of one of those Garands...I have a good home, and you can come visit when ever you want lol. 

Good luck with him selling any of his garands, I mean forget about it, The line for the waiting list is around the block.

I think I posted about this two years ago when I mentioned that I had a permit and wanted to buy something, but didn't particularly see the need for anything else.  I was up to 10 guns.

I started selling off a bunch of guns and ammunition about 6 months ago - mainly the safe queens - my CX4, my beautiful PX4, and two shotguns.  Now I'm down to 3 .22 rifles, my 1911, my Beretta 92FS and my Kel Tec - which is what I pretty much used anyway.

As much as I love my Berettas, I've even been considering getting rid of the 92FS / Kel Tec and going with an all .45ACP platform with my 1911 and a Springfield XDs.  

You know what happened to me?  About 6 months ago I suddenly got more interested in Gun rights than guns.  That's my new hobby - tweeting, writing editorials, visiting assemblymen.  I quite honestly don't have time to visit the range anymore. 

Well it hit me as I was doing the 6 month oiling of some of my guns today and I realized I  am completely content with what I have in the collection.  There is nothing that I am currently lusting for,

I feel the same way.  I have not added anything in almost a year.  Can't say it won't change.  If I had to predict, I would guess that when I get the urge again it will be for a semiauto shotgun.

It's been a hot couple days.  Drink lots of water and some sports drinks to replace the lost fluid and electrolytes.  Relax, put your feet up and enjoy some AC.  These symptoms of yours will pass. 

Yes, same here.  Started out 5 years ago with a CZ P01, S&W model 60 and a Remington 870.  Never expected to buy another gun.  Then I wanted a .22 rifle, then it became 3 (bolt, lever and M&P-22), then a centerfire rifle (Mini-14, then of course I needed an AR and picked up a Mosin because it was cheap), wanted a1911 (which soon became 2), a .22 pistol (Buckmark), guns for pocket carry (Kahr PM9 and Ruger LCR), full size handgun (Sig P226), an HK P2000 (wanted to try something in .40cal), and finally at least one mid-sized striker fired gun (Walther PPQ).  Oh yeah, and a Kel Tec Sub 2000.  Whew.  I only have time to go to the range about once per month.  If getting pistol permits was easier I'd probably do a few trade-ins, but frankly I just can't muster the energy to go through the application process.  So, I actually do think I am done.

I've been shooting for over 44 years, so I've had this revelation of yours years ago.  My fingerprints aren't even electronic.  I haven't bought a hand gun in over 5 years........

I've switched from collecting to mentoring.  It's cheaper and I get to visit with folks instead of stare into a safe.

yeah....it sort of comes and goes. I started out with more common guns, and once I had a decent collection, I found I wanted something else, so I moved more towards the more unusual and uncommon, especially in the historical  area. Things like beltfeds, and ww1 arms and things like that. Luckily that stuff is still somewhat hard to come by and pricey, so its not like I can buy a lot of it.....

It's sad when you have an imposed limit due to a signficant other and due to safe size, etc..  I'd much prefer your realization.  Perhaps there is some wiggle room for upgrading...

I don't think I will ever reach that point where I am not lusting after some firearm. I probably will reach a point though where I can no longer afford/ have the space/justify spending any more money on firearms.

the other end of the spectrum that i will never reach..lol

Well it hit me as I was doing the 6 month oiling of some of my guns today and I realized I  am completely content with what I have in the collection.  There is nothing that I am currently lusting for, I have my last purchase, a Black Widow Luger, on layaway and I am purely contempt.  When I had the guns out today cleaning I was just awestruck with the quality of the examples of guns I own and dont want any more.  I NEVER in  my life thought I would say it.  Has anyone else had this happen, just be happy with what you got.  Is it a phase?  I mean I am not even lusting for the CMP any more, figure I got enough Garands for now.....

Time for a new hobby. You broke this one. LOL