gfl216

What's The Deal With The Glock 19 Gen 4

Ehhhh........ What Glock? ;)

This video captures some of the extraction issues - (skip to 4:46 to see his girlfriend take some brass to the face and head like a champ!)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0QUqhC6c_w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Look at how inconsistent the ejection is on the 4th gen 9mm guns - his G34, G17, and G19, and her G17(?).

Note - I am not a fan of this guy, but... His girlfriend in HOT and likes to shoot, and every now and then he has a decent segment with another instructor (for example, Ron Avery did a video with him dissecting the drawstroke and talking about economy of motion that was really good) so I watch some of his videos.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I've noticed my Gen 4 G27 does tend to 'spray' the brass everywhere....although I do believe some of it has to do with the load.

I fired a few mags of my carry Federal HST ammo and it seemed much more consistent (and nearly vertical, as the brass was bouncing off the roof of my dad's porch)....whereas the WWB I usually use for practice goes anywhere and everywhere.

I'm glad I found this thread. Long time ago back in probably 1999, I was firing my brand-new GEN 3 o'clock 19.

There were times when I would fire and I swore an empty casing came out as well as a loaded one. I was made aware of this by counting how many bullets went off and figuring that I only got six shots out of my 10.magazines parentheses this was New York.

I was shooting at the range of the facility that sold me the pistol. They swore up-and-down that the Glock could not eject two rounds with one ejector and that it would be silly to even suggest it.

I have to tell you, I told them "couldn't the spring in the magazine force another one out behind it" and they nearly laughed me out of the store.

Talk about a delayed I told you so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed my Gen 4 G27 does tend to 'spray' the brass everywhere....although I do believe some of it has to do with the load.

Not that I know that much, but looking for a pistol I rented the 27 and experienced the same thing. Even had a stove pipe from the 19, BUT my thumb told me that it was in the wrong place. Although you're not asking about the 26 I just christened mine today and had a couple failures to load with a full mag. I've deduced that with the size of my hand I noticed I didn't rack the slide properly to chamber the round.

My first pistol is the 19. And I know I'm going to get it wrong, but the stories I remember is the first design of the gen 4's did have problems that were associated with recoil spring and even for a long time after they were changed there were a decent supply of the originals were in the dealer's stock so the old and new springs were being sold. You could have been buying a new gun from old stock.

So with two new gen 4's and only 150 rounds in my own firearms I'm looking forward to quite a few years of enjoyment. The 19 isn't a monster size, fits my hand nicely, and it seems to work the way it's supposed to and it's not even broken in. BTW, the reason for my choices are concealed carry (plan on moving out of NJ) and, low maintenance learning curve (same manufacturer, same caliber).