jrfly3006

How to kill Nutsedge in lawn

For any lawn guys on here.. Any recommendations for me to kill those annoying long grassy weeds that are invading my lawn.. Trying not to kill surrounding good lawn and not pull each one out.. Any herbicides or home made remedies?

Edit.. Ive tried some of that store bought stuff(ortho i think) with mediocre results

Tenacity sold by John deer will get rid of it plus crab grass and annual blue grass, clover and a bunch of other stuff.

Anyone have a cure all for lawn fungus?? Red thread and other types?

I've had red thread last two years..

This year I used Eagle "granular"didn't work that great. I pretty much pushed it out bagging grass for a few weeks and adding a extra shot of fertilizer.

Last year I used prophecy. Worked MUCH better knocked it out within a week or so. With no added effort.

I had the same problem this year, and still do now to a lesser extent. I got some spray from Home Depot for $6 that kills it. But the problem is, where there is a clump of that ugly grass, there is no real grass there. So now you will have spots on your lawn that will be dead. Not exactly a great alternative. What I did, and it was a pain. I got some sod, and I cut out the larger spots and put sod in it's place. It was time consuming and I wasn't going to get all of it, but my lawn does look better now.

Tenacity sold by John deer will get rid of it plus crab grass and annual blue grass, clover and a bunch of other stuff.

Anyone have a cure all for lawn fungus?? Red thread and other types?

I use scott's fungus control but use it as a preventive maintenance before there is a problem. 

I have clover too. I used commercial stuff called Three-way. Only licensed pesticide landscapers can get it. See of you know any that can get some for you.

You don't have to be licensed to get it.. As long as your buying for personal use.