tony357

Cops arrest Shawn Custis, suspect in violent Millburn home invasion

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/cops-arrest-shawn-custis-suspect-in-violent-millburn-home-invasion-1.5587819

MILLBURN - Police say they have arrested the suspect who left a woman battered and bruised after a home invasion in Millburn last week. 

Police say they have 42-year-old Shawn Custis in custody in connection with the attack. Public groups and private individuals have helped boost the reward to $22,500 for information leading to Custis's arrest. There is no word yet on who, if anyone, will receive that reward.

The suspect was seen punching and kicking the young mother on June 21 and throwing her down stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on the couch last Friday. Police were seen this week gathering more evidence near the Cypress Street home.

Custis faces charges of first-degree attempted murder in connection with the assault. He is also charged with first-degree robbery, second-degree burglary and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Police say the victim suffered a concussion, bruises, chipped teeth and cuts around her mouth. Neither her daughter nor her 1-year-old son were injured during the attack.

He probably already has a criminal record, but because the State and those law-abiding attorneys aren't willing and able to keep this sludge from harming the public, this woman had to get harmed.   Time to get a nanny cam.

He probably already has a criminal record, but because the State and those law-abiding attorneys aren't willing and able to keep this sludge from harming the public, this woman had to get harmed.   Time to get a nanny cam.

http://www.justmugshots.com/new-jersey/new-jersey/9788389

I say 3 years

Custis is a career criminal with 12 felony convictions and a long record dating back to the early 90s. He was most recently jailed in connection with a string of burglaries across New Jersey in March 2011. He served 10 months in jail and was released in December, according to court records.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/06/millburn_video_beating_arrest.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Custis is a career criminal with 12 felony convictions and a long record dating back to the early 90s. He was most recently jailed in connection with a string of burglaries across New Jersey in March 2011. He served 10 months in jail and was released in December, according to court records.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/06/millburn_video_beating_arrest.html#incart_m-rpt-1

again we see the problem is the courts. Penalties need to be harsher and they need to realize these animals cant or dont want to be rehabilitated

I hope the prison guards accidentally leave his cell open at night for some other people to have fun with him. But I'm sure he'll only get at most 5 years. If your a repeat offender, especially this many times they need to just lock you up for life. He's on his like 6th strike!! Come on man

I hope the prison guards accidentally leave his cell open at night for some other people to have fun with him. But I'm sure he'll only get at most 5 years. If your a repeat offender, especially this many times they need to just lock you up for life. He's on his like 6th strike!! Come on man

He is a money maker for the courts.. Businesses like repeat customers Wonder what incentives they will put on the table this time around... 

I hope he states that he targeted her because he knew she would not have a gun because of the NJ gun laws.

That would be great, but doubtful he would ever say that.

This type of crime needs to happen to the wives/daughters/mothers of politicians and judges so then MAYBE, just maybe they will realize we the people of NJ need to be able to legally protect ourselves. As long as these people live in their well-protected little world they will never care about the rest of us mere mortals..........

That would be great, but doubtful he would ever say that.

This type of crime needs to happen to the wives/daughters/mothers of politicians and judges so then MAYBE, just maybe they will realize we the people of NJ need to be able to legally protect ourselves. As long as these people live in their well-protected little world they will never care about the rest of us mere mortals..........

You act like they would actually change the laws for us.  They'll just hire more guards paid for by you and me.

And this POS doesn't need to be living off OUR tax dollars in jail.  He needs to be taken off this planet.

This type of crime needs to happen to the wives/daughters/mothers of politicians and judges so then MAYBE, just maybe they will realize we the people of NJ need to be able to legally protect ourselves.

Don't ya think they'll say that she had the right to carry at home and didn't?

I think you are giving way too much credit to te general inmate population. What he did is just another day at the office for them.