ogfarmer

Saiga AK variant any good?

whats the bad on these and is $475 a good price? I know a shop that has a few NIB and was thinking of picking one up tomorrow but I'm not framiliar w/ AK variants

SAIGA AUTOLOADING RIFLE

•Saiga autoloading rifle is based on the the rugged Kalashnikov design •Utilizes a gas piston system, rotary bolt, & and very few internal parts •Hammer forged, chrome-lined barrel & chamber •Driftable post front sight w/ protective ears adjustable for windage & elevation •Notched side-catch wi/ bar rear leaf sight adjustable for elevation •Ergonomic operating handle makes charging effortless •Spring loaded mag release provides for quick mag changes •Elongated selector handle allows for a smooth transition from safe to semi-auto •Includes one detachable mag •16" brl •10 rd cap

Cal: 7.62
8837_588459917842152_1094087031_n.jpg

I think I like it the way it is, I got pistol grip rifles already want a non in this caliber besides my sks's

the factory fire control group is awful.. the gun is worthless unless converted back into the correct AK configuration.. 

saigas are assemblied at the same factory as real AK by the students of the izmash Gunsmithing school under supervision of half drunk instructors... but that's the real genius of Russian/German ;) design .... by anybody, anywhere, to be used by anybody, anywhere :)

so >>> this is a good price for rifle... just have the right expectations of it :)

the factory fire control group is awful.. the gun is worthless unless converted back into the correct AK configuration..

How is the fire control group awful? Not trying to bust your chops just interested in finding out why.

How is the fire control group awful? Not trying to bust your chops just interested in finding out why.

Comes with a very tight trigger, yet somehow feels splashy. Adding the pistol grip and moving the assembly to its proper place and configuration not only feels right, but it works smoother and if i remember correctly gets rid of unneeded linkage. And as stated earlier, converting a saiga is a fairly easy task and lets you get a working knowledge of the rifle and AK platform. Might not be as sexy as some other guns, but despite my growing collection my saiga is always in my range bag when i go out.

my son just picked one up @ cheyenne. they said you can change any thing you want.while almost is n.j.! just paint front sight post with glow hobby paint. paid 555.00. took it to range 14 what a blast ! way cheaper than 5.56 or .223.they are made in the mother country,there black, lil ugly, really feels nice. but the ar.'s are works of art. this rifle punchs bigger holes. we wanted a real mother land ak but not going to pay thousands.really can't beat it. megabait