mikeyboyeee

Health insurance- FLorida or NJ?

As some of you may know, I lost my position at work a couple of weeks ago and am loking to relo to FL.

Cobra is 637 from my company and that is insane!

I plan on being ion Florida to look for job from Aug-Oct.

Should I bee seeking health insurance down in FL or up here in NJ?

I have an address to use when down in Fl so that should not be an issue.

I am thinking Fl if I am legally allowed as that is where I will be and that's where the Dr's are.  I can't imagine a NJ plan will have in network Drs in southern Florida.

+ its waaaaay cheaper in Florida then up here.

Thank you.

Mickey, did you manage to hook up with that rental agent?

My Cobra was around $1100/mo for a family when I faced that situation up here a few years ago.  I figured, hell, if I am unemployed, that is not going to happen.  Absurd.

I did not yet Al.

I am most likely going to be staying with a friend from gradeschool who's roomate is happens to be moving out in August. Great timing for me ;)

I just have to figure out the legalities of getting FL insurance whil\e having NJ residency.

no reason not to save money.  I do not think I will be pregnant any time soon :)

Once you let your Cobra go you cannot get it back. I would keep it in force until you substitute it with a Fl policy if you can afford it. Also, you have 60 days to decide if you want it or not, as long as you don't have a claim. Keep them in the dark until you have too! No claims, no need to decide. Simple office visits or meds can be done as cash transactions, an emedicenter, etc. But, if something would require a large claim, take it pay it up to date and your covered. Don't give anything up till you have to is the point I'm making here.