wink-_-wink

Iphone5 or Galaxy s4??

Ok this is the last thread ill make tonight.  BUT I just got an upgrade on my phone and I have been with an iphone 4 since 2011.  The guy at the store convinced me to get the s4 rather than the i5... its been a couple days so far, and I like how fast the s4 is.. the screen is huge and the speakers are pretty good.  I dont like that it is some kind of polycarbonite plastic crap and prolonged use gets it VERY VERY hot!!  I have a a week and a half to decide if I should go back to the iphone or stay with s4 for 2 years... would love som opinions WITH reason! not just Iphones rule! lol.. let me know! 

I have the s3, and love it.  Yes it gets hot if you run multiple apps for a long while, but the benefits of not being on an apple product are a clear advantage for me.

want music - download anything you want and the phone will play it (no itunes bs)

most apps you have to pay for in the app store are available for free or a reduced cost in google play

to be fair - I have hated apple since the Ipod came out lol.  

If you are tech savy. S3 or 4 al the way. SOOO much more you can do with it.  Endless apps, ahcks, etc.

If your not savvy and want somwething you cant mess to much with and change and happy the way it is, get the Iphone.

No more Iphones for me :)

And for all the big screen people, I love the smaller i5 screen, I don't need tablets in my pocket.

Also, apple still wins on apps, specially if you like ballistic apps.

If you want a fashion statement and you care about showing off tiny apples or green robots, then that fine, I just need a tool, and the i5 is a fine tool.

I'm a PC guy, would never use a Mac, but love my iPhone5 and iPad.  I don't want to carry a mini-tablet in my pocket, that is why the iPhone wins - it is just the right size and works great.

HTC One stomps the S4! If you like quality and design that is.

^Yup

And for all the big screen people, I love the smaller i5 screen, I don't need tablets in my pocket.

Also, apple still wins on apps, specially if you like ballistic apps.

If you want a fashion statement and you care about showing off tiny apples or green robots, then that fine, I just need a tool, and the i5 is a fine tool.

I'm a PC guy, would never use a Mac, but love my iPhone5 and iPad.  I don't want to carry a mini-tablet in my pocket, that is why the iPhone wins - it is just the right size and works great.

I don't like IOS and I really hate itunes. However, the iPhone 5 is perfectly designed, hardware-wise. 

I am so on the fence it isnt funny.  After tinkering with the s4, I held my i4 and it felt sooooo tiny! but then again I dont need a second nook... I already have a ton of songs on itunes but then again you can transfer likke 12,000  i think it said.  I should have waited for whatever is next i5s maybe i6 i dunno I didnt look it up.  Opinion is still in the air, still have 12 days to decide.

Going from the iPhone 4/4S to the 5 is a big jump.  Screen size is nice.  Phone is lighter.  Less of a brick.  I don't need a giant phone screen.  I can maneuver around the entire iPhone 5 screen with my thumb without shifting my grip.  Can't do that on one of the giant brick android phones.

GRR you guys tell me why you love these phones!  what is it that sets it apart from the other.... I had the s4 (no siri no biggie)  I am liking the s4 but find myself missing the iphone.  I am not partial to a perticular company, could care less either way.  I dont understand the cloud, nor google+... the camera is better on the s4 by far, the storage capacity is better on the 5 because it doesnt have all that crap needed for the s4.  The 5 has a smaller screen than my i4 and WAY smaller than the s4 but the screen means little to me.  I will say that the s4 is worlds faster than my i4 but my i4 is nearly 2.5 years old...

i like my iphone5 because its size, its very simple to operate and navigate, kill apps to save battery life, the availabilty of apps, I dont have much to compare it to because I went from a flip phone to Iphone 3gs to iphone5. My sister just went from iphone4 to s4 and she wants to go back to iphone because she was framiliar with it

Dump the iphone and never look back. I have had the iphones since day one. They made a mistake in making iphone 5 boring only longer and nothing that stands out.

Here is my very happy thread the first day I picked up my s4.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/54631-finally-im-a-droid-dumped-iphone-because-of-thier-direction/

did I mention that you can play Nintendo on the s4. Like contra and super mario 2 and kung fu for free

I saw the commercial for the S4 active the other day.  It would be pretty awesome to have a phone that is waterproof.  I've had an iPhone for roughly the past 5 years, so I've grown pretty accustomed to having it. 

I also don't want to change my AT&T plan.  AT&T has iPhone specific plans, and one I have is the unlimited data.  While I can switch to another carrier that offers unlimited data, no other carrier gets any service here at my house.  I'm quite literally in a dead zone for cell phone service and no carrier wants to do anything about it.  My dad has Sprint and has to sit in one specific spot in the house to make phone calls on his phone.  AT&T I have anywhere from no service-1-2 bars of 3G. I regularly get texts from friends saying they couldn't connect to my phone to call me. 

I had the iphone5 for a few months and sold it to get the s4 as soon as it came out and it was a great decision. Alot more freedom and flexibility hardware wise like changing your battery out, to software downloading apps to speed up the phone extend battery life multiple ways to secure your phone, face recognition or connect dot passcode. Also app's that let you download music for free straight to phone vs having to connection to itunes to update play lists and crap.

Definately Galaxy S4.  My wife has the iphone 5 and I have the Galaxy S4, it's night and day.  The S4 has a bigger brighter screen, longer battery life, faster processor and more ram, excepts external micro SD cards up to 64gb, Has a 13mp camera.  The other day my phone and my wifes phone were lying on the table outside under the sun and her iphone 5 overheated and turned off, my phone had no issues.  Also, if you are on t-mobile, the iphone 5 does not support wifi calling.

wait for the note 3 its coming in august! I had apple phones, the s3, note 1 and note 2... size is absolutely great, I would never rock a small screen again...

I love my Note 2, it makes my iPhone 4 seem like a piece of garbage. I use to use my iPhone nearly exclusively, now I rarely touch the thing unless I have to.

GRR you guys tell me why you love these phones!  what is it that sets it apart from the other.... I had the s4 (no siri no biggie)  I am liking the s4 but find myself missing the iphone.  I am not partial to a perticular company, could care less either way.  I dont understand the cloud, nor google+... the camera is better on the s4 by far, the storage capacity is better on the 5 because it doesnt have all that crap needed for the s4.  The 5 has a smaller screen than my i4 and WAY smaller than the s4 but the screen means little to me.  I will say that the s4 is worlds faster than my i4 but my i4 is nearly 2.5 years old...

How is the storage capacity better on the i5? You can just get an SD card and expand the Samsung products.  I've currently got 80GB of storage on my Note 2.

The S3 and S4 are good phones. The iphones are good phones. IF you have no investment in apps, fondle them and pick which one you like better. There are very little to differentiate them at this point that could be considered killer features. 

At this point, the S3 and newer and iphone 4s and newer are fast enough, and work out of the box sufficiently to be treated like a functional appliance at this point. No killer bugs hiding in the hardware or OS. However, there are some key things that may apply to you. 

Crapware - ios comes with apple's chosen pre-installed apps, and most are ok, but until iOS 7, they are not really hidable. My Verizon S3 has verizon turds all over it, and they are just as stuck there without rooting the phone as the apple stuff. Apple's choices are less irksome IMO as they aren't a slew of basically verizon ads or ATT&T ads etc. that will ocst you money if you try running the wrong one. IOs. wins. 

Screen - S3, S4, glaxy note, etc are all bigger. That's useful if your vision isn't so hot. The iphone 5 and s4 have higher DPI/PPI. They are close to each other, and I find that the higher dpi makes a huge difference if you read stuff on your phone. The I ahve both an iphone 4s and S3. I'll only do my phone based reading on the 4s. The s4 has higher than the iphone retina display, and the THC one is higher than the s4. At that point, you are mostly considering how much text you can scale down ot per page with your eyesight and reading speed, plus the ergonomics of holding how you like while reading. The S3 is about my limit size wise for one handed page turning, and I have large hands. 

Power - The iphone has better implemented power saving features. The S3 can be set up to be close, but will not last as long on a single charge with the default out of the box setup. However, you can swap the battery out, or get a mega capacity battery back for the phone. I just want a phone that will get me through my typical daily usage. For me the iphone does, and S3 does not. If I set it up in power miser mode and leave it in my pocket and do nothing with it, it goes from about 16 hours between plug in and is usually about 50% run down from just idling on the phone network, screen off. If I do that with my 4s, it will be between 70-80% depending on signal coverage that day. 

Storage - The android stuff can definitely do 32gb expansion cards, and costs lest per gig for onboard memory. If you like toting around LARGE music collections or movies on your phone, android simply wins hands down. The only caveat is be wary of claims of 64b SDXC card support. My Galaxy S3 says it supports it. However, exFAT is only partially implemented on the phone, and you can't format large cards or read them as exFAT. That means that to use 64gb cards, you need to format them as FAT32 and lose a bigger chunk of space. Good luck with that. I followed all sorts of instructions, and the only thing that worked was formatting them as fat32 in my fairly new macbook, then copying my music collection to it on my PC. If I can delete stuff of the card on the PC, but rewriting to the previously allocated space causes corruption. If youa re counting on 64gb or greater card support, verify.