wink-_-wink

Iphone5 or Galaxy s4??

I don't understand the fascination with big screens. That's what I have an iPad for. 

I can't really carry an iPad around in my pocket. My Note 2 gives me a decent size screen, but is still small enough to slip in my pocket.. It's especially great if you're like me and rarely use you phone for talking. I use it 99% of the time for internet and texting.

Definately Galaxy S4.  My wife has the iphone 5 and I have the Galaxy S4, it's night and day.  The S4 has a bigger brighter screen, longer battery life, faster processor and more ram, excepts external micro SD cards up to 64gb, Has a 13mp camera.  The other day my phone and my wifes phone were lying on the table outside under the sun and her iphone 5 overheated and turned off, my phone had no issues.  Also, if you are on t-mobile, the iphone 5 does not support wifi calling.

Actually up to 128GB although not officially supported.

I can't really carry an iPad around in my pocket. My Note 2 gives me a decent size screen, but is still small enough to slip in my pocket.. It's especially great if you're like me and rarely use you phone for talking. I use it 99% of the time for internet and texting.

Yeah but even if you can't carry a large screen in your pocket, do you need a large screen in your pocket? I'm fine with the phone sized screen for a phone and it fits very easily in my pocket. 

Yeah but even if you can't carry a large screen in your pocket, do you need a large screen in your pocket? I'm fine with the phone sized screen for a phone and it fits very easily in my pocket. 

It's personal preference. For what I use my phone for it makes sense for me to have a big screen. I play games, watch movies, edit pictures. Plus I have big giant fingers, so bigger screen means bigger keyboard.

Lots of people say a replaceable battery is important, but being on third iphone (3s, 4, 5) I haven't seen any battery issues at 2-3 years with any of them, so to me it is like saying you like easily replaceable piston heads on your car. Sure, I guess if you want to replace them, but you shouldn't have to in this day and age.

Hate to tell you but I've been able to control my cable box and my TiVo for some time with my iPhone.

you can control your cablebox and tivo with the iphone via the wifi only. The gs4 has an infrared transmitter and can control just about any infrared enabled device including tv, dvd player, cable box, etc... via the infrared.

you can control your cablebox and tivo with the iphone via the wifi only. The gs4 has an infrared transmitter and can control just about any infrared enabled device including tv, dvd player, cable box, etc... via the infrared.

so does the HTC. Root it and install trickdroid and WOW

S4. Happy.  not tied to any i-tunes like service or "eco system"  i can choose which browser, open multiple windows, play damn near any video file i want, tether for free without having to root, etc.

Care to explain (tether for free without having to root)? I haven't found that to be true with AT&T

Care to explain (tether for free without having to root)? I haven't found that to be true with AT&T

Sprint? The 4g lte phones are not free to tether on verizon unless something changed recently. At least not uder straightforward smart phone plans. AT&T it isn't free for 3g or 4g. 

I've had the Iphone 4 and 4s both and I constantly come back to the Android platform. I just feel that options as a user can be customized a little better. And honestly with the s4 you can control your TV, YOUR TV!!!!

I have the direcTV apps for iPhone and ipad. Works really well. 

S4. Happy.  not tied to any i-tunes like service or "eco system"  i can choose which browser, open multiple windows, play damn near any video file i want, tether for free without having to root, etc.

On Verizon tethering/wifi hotspot is included with the new shared data plans. At least for iPhone it is. 

Tethering is the ability to use your phone as a router and share the data you're paying for with a tablet/laptop or 4.  of course, most carriers want you to pay again for that feature.  "Blowing through data" is dependent solely on your uses and setups.  naturally, smart phones (and iphones) do this all the time but in small negligible quantities.  Youtube, downloads, streaming (podcasts, music, netflix etc) is normally the data hogs.  texts use your data connection but are not considered as data by your carrier.  they just count them individually as sent or received.

most i've used on heavy month is about 27GB. my average is 6-12gb/month

When Sandy hit, I was out of WiFi for two weeks... even then, my data was a little over 1GB (normal month is under 1GB). No tethering, and mostly connected to WiFi when being used (Optimum app does a good job). When I got the iPhone 5, I started using Maps more for directions, and still not a big jump. If I use FaceTime, it does rise, but I don't use it a lot, and when I do, I'm usually on WiFi. I had unlimited data on my iPhone 4 (Verizon), but didn't want to pay full price on a 64GB iPhone 5 to keep it.

In regards to the original topic, I like iOS over Android. One guy at work is the complete opposite, and we joke with one another about it, but it comes down to personal preference.

well I got a free Jay-Z album today because I have the Galaxy... I am not a huge Jay fan BUT screw it apple never gave me stuff for free... The more I play with the galaxy the more I am leaning on staying with it.  I am loving that I can hide apps so my kids can't screw with things, the camera settings are pretty awesome and I find myself using that a TON... I am 90% sure I am staying with the S4

it's true bigger screen is much better for Internet movies, you tube and texting much easier to see, I went from a note one to an s3, had get the note 2 I missed my big screen, once you go big it's hard to go back... even though the note 2 has a huge battery to begin with it lasts me all day easily with heavy use but having a removable battery is also great, I always have 2 spare batteries incase I'm not near an outlet.