wink-_-wink

Iphone5 or Galaxy s4??

Galaxy all of the way, I have the note2 and it is amazing to me, I will never go small screen again and after 6months im still learning different features. For example I do interior home renovations and can give voice commands and I am able to take pictures, pretty much hands free, I also do my b4 and after slide shows on it, who needs a ipad, or iphone.

:) it may be. I have tmobile unlimited. No tether, but the give me like 500mb free. Still haven't "used their allotment" as far as they're concerned.

with t-mobile if you get the 2gb plan, tethering is free.  with the 4gb plan you get 500mb of tethring free.

What is tethering?  And my next question is does the s4 just blow through my data usage?  I never went over with my i4 but my s4 im getting those texts getting close and i only had it like 4 days...

This happenned to me as well, it was because of the app store.  In the older android OS versions it only allowed the download of large apps via wifi, with the newer version you actually have the ability to turn that restriction off.  When I first logged into google with my new S4 it started downloading all of the apps I had purchased earlier and used up 75% of my data in the first hour.

I have the IPhone 4S and the Galaxy S4 active. I don't think you could go wrong on either one and is all a matter of preference. Here is my quick plus and minus on each:

iPhone plus: I feel apps rect better on the iPhone. Meaning they seem to fill in a lot of the blanks for you.

Instant opening of apps and no force closes. I have had some momentary freeze ups though.

Nice screen, easy to use, solid build, good battery life.

iPhone the bad: no way to pull out battery. No extra storage ( that is a huge disadvantage for me).

Very little customizing. Always going through iTunes to delete, add or back up anything. No LED reminder.

Samsung Galaxy. Very snappy after a few adjustments. Good battery life, huge screen, very very customizable. Expandable memory,

LED reminder, easy to customize ringtones, apps etc.

The bad: certain apps don't run as good as on the iPhone. That has to do with development. Force closes. Some laggines .

I honestly don't know hitch one I'd keep and it would come down to price. If I had to chose I'd have to take the Samsung because I prefer being able of adding memory, bigger screen and being waterproof.

That may or may not come or you. With IOS 7 coming, maybe they'll wise up a tad.If it weren't for all the software I've invested in, I would give a Galaxy a shot.

I have an upgrade too, for me is between the HTC One or the Galaxy S4 Active. I'll go back to an iPhone when they blow me away again.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HDTypos courtesy Apple...

With everything in the cloud storage is less of an issue. I take a picture and it immediately backs up to two different services. All music is on Google play

those who save anything on cloud storage is just asking for personal information to be stolen. Cloud storage is just a fancy marketing term for centralized server storage. When you put your information there you lose all control of it.

those who save anything on cloud storage is just asking for personal information to be stolen. Cloud storage is just a fancy marketing term for centralized server storage. When you put your information there you lose all control of it.

and although there is a valid point, there goes the conspiracy theory again.

and although there is a valid point, there goes the conspiracy theory again.

It's not conspiracy theory. While most cloud services take reasonable measures to protect storage and VMs from other clients, there is nearly zero detail given about host access to your data and processes, and to what degree they comply with subpoenas, warrants, etc.

The business pretty much has to have access to your data. The problem is none of the guarantee location of hosting, and more and more are farming out data center capacity to India, china etc. Are you certain those countries aren't harvesting your data? Are the employees behaviors being monitored in a manner to protect the client?

Try getting these answers to establish things like hippa compliance.

Sure, you are saying your music is on spotify, and your movies are on Netflix, then sure. You have network, you should be fine.