2ANJ

Well would ya take a look at this...

I hate to disappoint but we are considered a "may issue" so I don't see any of the major gun groups taking the fight to Trenton.

in case you haven’t noticed NJ2AS and ANJRPC have had their hands full lately and we haven't received NRA support since the 1980's

in case you haven’t noticed NJ2AS and ANJRPC have had their hands full lately and we haven't received NRA support since the 1980's

I am very aware what NJ2AS has been doing. But what has the NRA done ever about our right to carry? I have spoken with board members and the NRA's position is NJ is considered a carry state. This has been their attitude for decades. I wasn't just referring to the current bills that have been proposed.

So I doubt after this current attack on our Rights has passed the NRA is going to suddenly feel the need to address our right to carry. They consider a "may issue" state a victory. Even though I have a better chance of riding a unicorn that getting a CCW.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I am very aware what NJ2AS has been doing. But what has the NRA done ever about our right to carry?

I kind of agree but SAF threatened to upshow them, so they actually joined the suit. ANJRPC is one of the plaintiffs in the right to carry suit. 

Umm, you are aware that the ANJRPC is the NRA, aren't you?

ANJRPC has an “Association” with the NRA,  they aren’t the NRA. For example you don’t pay your NRA membership dues to ANJRPC or vice versa.

I am very aware what NJ2AS has been doing. But what has the NRA done ever about our right to carry? I have spoken with board members and the NRA's position is NJ is considered a carry state. This has been their attitude for decades. I wasn't just referring to the current bills that have been proposed.

So I doubt after this current attack on our Rights has passed the NRA is going to suddenly feel the need to address our right to carry. They consider a "may issue" state a victory. Even though I have a better chance of riding a unicorn that getting a CCW.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Then you got further than I did if you talked to board members....   I called the NRA *about* 2 years ago to inquire as to why the NJ ccw bill that seemed to have gained support suddenly got stymied. The NRA rep that took my call could offer no explanation and as the conversation progressed the rep basically said the NRA wrote-off NJ. Sure, I love to see ccw in NJ too.  I have a few non-resident permits and don’t see any reason why I should be prevented from carrying here.

I suspect the NRA will probably further distance themselves from ALL other states issue’s and focus on Washington going forward for at least the remainder of this administration. I think we will see these other smaller 2A silos like NJ2A2 & ANJRPC taking the leading roles across the US in state rights issues and even less of the NRA.

In my view NJ2AS is still fighting for CCW  but have their hands filled with the current laundry list of BS bills currently sitting on the Gov’s desk.  IMHO this is where our immediate focus should be because I certainly don’t want to lose any more ground.

ANJRPC has an “Association” with the NRA,  they aren’t the NRA. For example you don’t pay your NRA membership dues to ANJRPC or vice versa.

So much FAIL... :facepalm:

I guess you don't listen to GFH radio.  I suggest downloading and listening to episode 109.

So much FAIL... :facepalm:

I guess you don't listen to GFH radio.  I suggest downloading and listening to episode 109.

No disrespect to you but we could do this all day long.  Having heard #109 NRA segment as you suggested it pretty much brings me to the same conclusion. Good show and looking forward to hearing it again but the radio show even acknowledges the NRA will be punting on state/local  issues. So if you are of the belief the NRA is back in NJ, or at least providing a little guidance let’s hope one NRA field guy, 22-23 years later,, with the will of NJ gun owners is  enough to stop the bills on the Gov's desk.

Sure I’m glad the guy is here but at the end of the day (as stated in the show) success or failure will be measured by NJ gun owner’s participation, not the NRA.  If people continue to write, fax, email, and call the Gov we have a chance but if people fade and lose interest the NRA could build a palace on West State St across from the State House it will not make any difference.

Have a Pleasant/Safe 4th!

No disrespect to you but we could do this all day long.  Having heard #109 NRA segment as you suggested it pretty much brings me to the same conclusion. Good show and looking forward to hearing it again but the radio show even acknowledges the NRA will be punting on state/local  issues. So if you are of the belief the NRA is back in NJ, or at least providing a little guidance let’s hope one NRA field guy, 22-23 years later,, with the will of NJ gun owners is  enough to stop the bills on the Gov's desk.

Sure I’m glad the guy is here but at the end of the day (as stated in the show) success or failure will be measured by NJ gun owner’s participation, not the NRA.  If people continue to write, fax, email, and call the Gov we have a chance but if people fade and lose interest the NRA could build a palace on West State St across from the State House it will not make any difference.

Have a Pleasant/Safe 4th!

Right, on state/local issues in all 50 states.  That's why they have the state associations.

Here's a fun game that everyone can play.  Go to the NRA's "Field Representatives" page

http://fieldreps.nra.org/

and keep looking until you find the "New Jersey" Field Rep.

When you find one, can you post it here?

(by the way...you won't, because there's no one listed.  The last "NRA Field Representative" that I can remember...was from Pennsylvania.)