2ANJ

I am sorry but this is just wrong...

Background for animal lovers that dont want to ruin their day:

Hawthorne PD was conducting a raid of some sort, and a man with his dog(Rottweiler) was at the end of the street capturing video with his phone. The police approach the man and tell him to stop recording the scene. The dog was placed in the back seat of his vehicle and the man continued to record. Police then begin to apprehend the man for failing to comply. The dog in the backseat starts to get angry over the fact his owner was being threatened.. wiggled his way out of a window that was down in the car and began to bark vigorously at the officers. If I recall one of the officers tried to either get close or grab the leash and the dog lunged at him causing the PD to shoot the dog.

I watched up till the point the dog lunged at the cops. I knew the outcome, I dont think the circumstances warranted police to apprehend this man, and the dog did nothing more than try to protect his owner. My personal belief is that the cops at the point they had the man in cuffs, could have at least let him calm his dog down and de-escalate the situation.

There have been too many instances where police officers have ILLEGALLY arrested people for video taping them. There was video of them arresting a woman who was on her own front lawn video taping them.

Not police bashing here, but some cops have just gotten out of control with these arrests. From what I've seen in most if not just about all of those cases, the people were let out with charges dropped.

There need to be some "false arrest" lawsuits filed in these cases. Make them pay for abusing the public.

There have been too many instances where police officers have ILLEGALLY arrested people for video taping them. There was video of them arresting a woman who was on her own front lawn video taping them.

Not police bashing here, but some cops have just gotten out of control with these arrests. From what I've seen in most if not just about all of those cases, the people were let out with charges dropped.

There need to be some "false arrest" lawsuits filed in these cases. Make them pay for abusing the public.

For the most part we can not bring lawsuits against them........

I tell young people to become LEO of some-sort. In the future they will have the guns, the rest of us (except criminals) will not.

no comment bc I would prob offend afew!

Go ahead and say it I for one would like to read it.

This is just a shitty cop that made a bad decision and I hope the no good a-hole has to pay for it!! I hope karma works for this ahole!!!!!

The guy with the dog should of put it in the car and made sure it was safe. This by no means lets this cop off the hook.

After viewing the video, I agree.  Happened too fast and training goes in to protect yourself.  You don't know if the dog's rabid, etc.  It lunged and bit at the cop multiple times.  Pepper spray or baton would possibly have not stopped the threat... 

Also - we don't know anything beyond this video.  What if it's a bad neighborhood?  What if the guy was video'ing to record the cops who were on the raid for potential retribution?  I did see him walk over to the cop cars and walk back and forth several times.... He could have been interfering with the crime scene in some way....

Too much unknown.  Shitty thing that it happened, but c'mon common sense people, don't walk around videotaping so blatantly and retardedly.

I def think OC spray should have been used...and you know damn well that since a LEO had to discharge a firearm, that man is now going to have some sort of charge against him just to cover their asses.

The dog rabid? you have to be kidding...right? You never know what going to stop someone but mace will in most cases stop a dog it stops Polar bears. I am guessing you are probably right not a great neighborhood.

I doesn't matter why he is video taping them it's not against the law.

The guy screwed up he should of made sure his dog was locked up safely, I know my dog would go after someone that was putting cuffs on me, he didn't do right by the dog. That doesn't make it right for the cop to shoot the dog.

I would think if that were you or me that shot the dog ( with a valid ccw) we are now in jail and looking at a lot more time to come!

For the most part we can not bring lawsuits against them........

I tell young people to become LEO of some-sort. In the future they will have the guns, the rest of us (except criminals) will not.

The problem is it would have to be a class action. Jurisdictions where this happens tend to have a pattern of this behavior. Since filming an officer in a public place has been upheld as legal time and time again regardless of any statutes on the books, most statutes that would permit these arrests are no longer existent. Since most people are released without charges, there is a pattern of arrests occurring that are not to enforce the law. Therefore they must be under false pretenses and intended to be punitive or abusive in nature. Most states that should be sufficient to bring suit. It's just not likely to be fiscally attractive to any group that could bring such a suit. 

I read the story on this and the police told him to turn his radio down because it was to loud. They were responding to a robbery and couldn't hear if there were criminals in the area. So they asked him to lower his radio and instead he filmed them. So they attested him for interfering which in my opinion is valid. How do they know he isn't helping the criminals escape?

I will catch heat for this but out is the owners responsibility to make sure his dog is restrained. Putting him in a car with the windows rolled down doesn't qualify. So when the dog escapes and jumps at the officer how is the cop going to decide if the dog will lick him or take a chunk out of his face? The dog weighs 130 pounds its

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Too much unknown.  Shitty thing that it happened, but c'mon common sense people, don't walk around videotaping so blatantly and retardedly.

Are you serious?

What law did the guy vidotaping brake?

Yes, very soon videotaping the officers in public will be considered harassment and illegal but yet.

I def think OC spray should have been used...and you know damn well that since a LEO had to discharge a firearm, that man is now going to have some sort of charge against him just to cover their asses.

OC doesnt work on a majority of humans.. Let alone a fired up Rotty..

I read the story on this and the police told him to turn his radio down because it was to loud. They were responding to a robbery and couldn't hear if there were criminals in the area. So they asked him to lower his radio and instead he filmed them. So they attested him for interfering which in my opinion is valid. How do they know her isn't helping the criminals escape? I will catch heat for this but out is the owners responsibility to make sure his dog is restrained. Putting him in a car with the windows rolled down doesn't qualify. So when the dog escapes and jumps at the officer how is the cop going to decide if the dog will lick him or take a chunk out of his face? The dog ways 130 pounds itsSent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

+1

The guy didnt seem to care about his dog that much. I mean if you shoot my dog I will be guilty of resisting arrest. He just kept casually walking. The guy is an idiot for sitting there taping the cops though. Why try to annoy the cops or being anymore unneeded attention to yourself. Still think action should be taking for shooting the dog. I'm an animal lover and would never harm one.

Officer made right decision in defending himself.

Where he f'd up was arresting and cuffing someone who was breaking what law? Noise ordinance violation?

I don't think so, he needs to be held personally responsible for abuse of power.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2353347/Police-shoot-kill-Rottweiler-street-dog-runs-owner-arrested-obstruction-justice.html

Here's the link to the story. He was arrested for interfering with an armed robbery call. Not for filming the cops.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I am an animal lover. I actually like animals more then I like most people. I don't think they should have shot the dog, but unfortunately it's a judgement call.

Once someone is in handcuffs, you have a duty to protect them like its your own life. If they let him go and try to calm the dog down and he got hit by a car, they are screwed.

I agree that the police should not be allowed to ask someone to stop recording, and it's an unfortunate situation but its the owners responsibility to secure his dog. If I were that cop, I would have done the same thing. Wether the cops are right or wrong for confronting the man is irrelevant, the dog is dead because the owner failed to secure him.