2ANJ

I am sorry but this is just wrong...

All involved parties there are a-holes. 

1. The civilian was begging for LE attention, he didn't just film cops on duty, he came close to the crime scene and demonstratively filmed it from different angles. Plus loud music. Not like he didn't ask for problems. 

2. Cops - expected and supposed to be professionals - tired of dangerous duty of hanging on the sidewalk, got bored and decided to arrest the moron. Why? Guess because they can. Obviously they couldn't notice large dog and expect it to come for his master's rescue. No to situation awareness, yes to happy trigger. 

3. Dog. The only one who has done what was expected of him. RIP.

1. The civilian was begging for LE attention, he didn't just film cops on duty, he came close to the crime scene and demonstratively filmed it from different angles. Plus loud music. Not like he didn't ask for problems. 

2. Cops - expected and supposed to be professionals - tired of dangerous duty of hanging on the sidewalk, got bored and decided to arrest the moron. Why? Guess because they can. Obviously they couldn't notice large dog and expect it to come for his master's rescue. No to situation awareness, yes to happy trigger. 

Cops were pissed at this guy because he sued the department before because they arrested him for filming before. Sure he was deliberately trying to piss off the cops but it's called civil disobedience. Besides they didn't even bother with the music until he started filming. They were more worried about that than the music, guaranteed.

The dog was doing no wrong he seen his master being what he perceived as threatened. Like someone said above they could have un cuffed him and let him secure the dog. I know its easy to say this and that but i really feel it could have been treated differently

I'm not a cop, and regardless of where you stand on this issue, I think if you polled every police department in the country not a single one would authorize or allow un cuffing a suspect unless the investigation or situation was completely over and the suspect was free to leave. Any LEO's on here care to weigh in on that?

Cops were pissed at this guy because he sued the department before because they arrested him for filming before. Sure he was deliberately trying to piss off the cops but it's called civil disobedience. Besides they didn't even bother with the music until he started filming. They were more worried about that than the music, guaranteed.

so now civil disobedience means taunting cops who are securing the active scene of a search for a robbery suspect..because you know there's really no reason for that many cop cars and officers deploying shotguns....so that's something really smart hip and cool for the new generation to learn...just another sign of society circling the bowl...just like the people in the background laughing at the whole scene. Giggling at the cops as they are taunted.....good lord we are some serious trouble...lets just stand around and look for trouble because its fun and legal..but when things go wrong it's " touch me and I'll sue"..

I'm not a cop, and regardless of where you stand on this issue, I think if you polled every police department in the country not a single one would authorize or allow un cuffing a suspect unless the investigation or situation was completely over and the suspect was free to leave. Any LEO's on here care to weigh in on that?

yes uncuffing before final outcome will get you a rip from bosses and maybe a locker room meeting from any other PO's you may have endangered. And contrary to popular belief uncuffing is not instantaneous..especially when a big canine is standing close by..

My finger / hand / arm / not getting bit is worth way more then a dogs life. Its an animal, if i even felt a danger i would shoot it.. Even if the cop shot it when it was running over i feel its justified. Its posing a threat. And the owner was a serious douchebag and deserved to get cuffed. Its easy to say the cop over reacted from the comfort of home but when there a rottweiler coming at you now that is a different story. Make a long story short dogs dead grow a pair.

so now civil disobedience means taunting cops who are securing the active scene of a search for a robbery suspect..because you know there's really no reason for that many cop cars and officers deploying shotguns....so that's something really smart hip and cool for the new generation to learn...just another sign of society circling the bowl...just like the people in the background laughing at the whole scene. Giggling at the cops as they are taunted.....good lord we are some serious trouble...lets just stand around and look for trouble because its fun and legal..but when things go wrong it's " touch me and I'll sue"..

The cops only cared when they saw him filming. They keep changing their story.

It is civil disobedience. Whether or not it was taunting is debatable.

Read the entire story from liveleak and watch the second video.  Guy with dog shows-up just as the Cops are using a bull horn or PA speaker on a Patrol Car to talk to everyone in the house and get them to respond to command to "come out with your hands up".  Could there have been a more STUPID time to blare your radio and bring your large dog onto/into the scene?  IMHO the Cops let this guy slide (didn't press charges) because of the dog issue (dog death) instead of charging him with interfering, which they COULD have!

And the guy filming the second video was yelling to the Cops to shoot the dog several seconds before they did, so this new video shows that the Cops showed some compassion (grabbing for the leash) even as the videographer was yelling, "SHOOT THE DOG!"  Still a bad outcome, but at least none of the Cops were injured.  And what's with a guy who blares his radio loud enough to make his dog deaf?  Still a Douche IMHO.....

+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Make a long story short dogs dead grow a pair.

Cute. People are upset that a Rottie was shot and suffered a not-so-quick death, and you throw out this Phallic-narcissistic "tough guy" crap to blow air up your own butt. How masculine of you.

My finger / hand / arm / not getting bit is worth way more then a dogs life. Its an animal, if i even felt a danger i would shoot it.. Even if the cop shot it when it was running over i feel its justified. Its posing a threat. And the owner was a serious douchebag and deserved to get cuffed. Its easy to say the cop over reacted from the comfort of home but when there a rottweiler coming at you now that is a different story. Make a long story short dogs dead grow a pair.

Messed up, you shoot every person that comes at you too?

My favorite argument I hear all the time on this forum is that 'being a douchebag' or something similar means that whatever happens negatively to that person 'they deserved'. Kind of an emotional opinion no? Who cares about any laws they may or may not have been breaking. If you are a douche, you deserve to be arrested, regardless.

I hate when other people exercise rights too. Those people are always douchebags.

Pull up to a scene of a barricaded suspect.. Pump the radio knowing the cops are using a PA to address the house in question.. Take your dog out of the car a few feet away and start talking crap to cops who are trained on the house....thats not exercising your civic rights IMHO.. Its interfering with a dangerous situation.. He knew what he was doing and should not be surprised at the absolutely nightmarish outcome.. If you wanna be a bad ass.. there are plenty of other times when the situation is not as volatile when you can go taunt and film cops and get away with it.. Time people accept responsibility for dangerous behavior..and the poor rottie paid for a situation that could have easily been avoided

+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cute. People are upset that a Rottie was shot and suffered a not-so-quick death, and you throw out this Phallic-narcissistic "tough guy" crap to blow air up your own butt. How masculine of you.

yep it did make me feel pretty tough thanx... sooo come at me bro lol

Messed up, you shoot every person that comes at you too?

not ppl smart guy ppl dont bite.. unless there zombie in which case i would shoot... 

sincerely,

el tough guy lolol