mag1

Wilson Combat Prelim Pics

Well I got the call that my Supergrade was in. Couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. My buddy sent me some pics while getting it ready to ship to Tony. The next day, I got a call and found out that the magwell had a blemish on it. I can either take it as it is, or Wilson will make it right and fix it. Being I can not use my permit until another 3 weeks or so, I decided to have it sent back. It has to go back to Wilson, then to Turnbull for re-bluing, then back to Wilson. Then sent to my FFL.

Wilson promised it would less than 30 days since they took fault.

I just can't believe they would allow a 6k + 1911 to leave their factory with a ding on the magwell.

Here are the specs:

Classic Supergrade .45
Turnbull Blue high polish Complete Pistol
Ball Endmill Cuts
Heavy Chamfer Bottom of Slide
Checker Rear Slide
Speed Chute Magazine Well
Gold Bead Front Sight
Flush Cut Reverse Crown Barrel
Countersink Slide Stop
French Walnut Grips
Nitre Blue all small parts including hammer and grip safety
Omit Front Cocking Serrations
Battlesight Rear

6k for that?!?! Wow

I wanted it..Or needed it!

No I didn't, LOL.

Figure a Classic Supergrade without any upgrades from Wilson is $5195 and a 20-24 month wait.

I think if you go through a reputable dealer, you can save 10% off Wilson's price.

I didn't wait that long, and I think I was just under 6k. I would have to check.

6k for that?!?! Wow

some can afford to drive a Hyundai and some can afford Porsche. Sounds like your hating...... 

Congrats Joe. Looks sweet. Same mods I would have ordered.

some can afford to drive a Hyundai and some can afford Porsche. Sounds like your hating...... 

Congrats Joe. Looks sweet. Same mods I would have ordered.

Thanks Bryan! We do have some good taste!

Awesome gun Joe!

6k for that?!?! Wow

Every component of a Supergrade 1911 is a machining marvel. I've seen macro pics (up close & extremely detailed) of a fully stripped Supergrade and was impressed with the quality of each individual part of that pistol.

Very Nice. Congrats! The nitride bluing on the small parts makes for a sharp contrast. I like it.

I still do not have the heart to shoot my Wilson w/ the Turnbull finish on it. In fact, I was going to order another Wilson to shoot so I wouldnt be tempted to shoot it. Silly I know.

Every component of a Supergrade 1911 is a machining marvel. I've seen a macro pics of a fully stripped Supergrade and was impressed with the quality of each individual part of that pistol.

Birdy shoots some nice pics.

Very Nice. Congrats! The nitride bluing on the small parts makes for a sharp contrast. I like it.

I still do not have the heart to shoot my Wilson w/ the Turnbull finish on it. In fact, I was going to order another Wilson to shoot so I wouldnt be tempted to shoot it. Silly I know.

The only thing bad about the nitre blue is that is wears very quick. 

I have a .38 super coming..That is gonna be my shooter

its a beautiful gun wether you put in the safe or shoot her, enjoy! I remember when I used to mountain bike and my last bike was worth a over 6 grand and people could not believe it! but I loved that bike I built to the exact spec I wanted and rode it like crazy and enjoyed every minute of it. when I started riding, I rode a kmart special bike but I really got into the sport, and upgrade over the years... I can tell your really into your 1911s! nice grips btw...