Sign in to follow this  
dajonga

Savage Hog Hunter Rifle.... seen one?

Actually yup I am liking them.  I am in the process of most likely moving to 30 acres or so in Florida the family just got... I was all set to go then life happens and you start second guessing and such etc.  BUT anyway-

I had fully intended to pick up one of these and add an Aimpoint ... I have a 700 in .308 for precision work but the Hog Hunter seems *extremely handy* and also quite affordable.  And I like the fact it's not only "in the family" as far as caliber (retaining a common caliber the family already stocks) but also, while I understand .308 is NOT .30-06 or .300 Win Mag., the fact of the matter is a .308 will stop *just about anything* East of the Mississippi and with the exception of a bear attack or big game hunting it's an extremely useful and mutlifacted round.

I was also thinking about picking up the Savage Scout in 7.62x39 (which is my other 'family caliber' for long guns) and adding another said Aimpoint... between the two you could defend the ranch of just about anything.