Sign in to follow this  
stevenschaffer

12G Flash bangs

Once in a while you can get 12ga shell crackers at cheyanne mountain outfitters.  It is basically an M80 crammed into a shotshell.  They are designed for bird dissipation but they are neat to play with.

Ken

There was some brand new stuff released about a year ago designed to be exactly like a flash-bang for the 12 gauge, it was specifically marketed to LEOs and polcie departments because even they have to jump through some hoops to get actual flash bangs apparently, they are expensive, (I want to say the video said like $100 a piece vs $3 a shell) and require mandatory and fairly thorough training to deploy and still risk serious problems like injury to the "bad guys" or incidentally not so bad guys depending where they are thrown.  But anyone including individual (operators) officers could just buy these or a dept could stock up a few cases.  It seemed ingenius.

I actually was at the time very very keen to get some for SHTF/S&P stocking and I remember it was something coming out in the future. I lost track of them, then I believe I hadn't the money the first time I sW THEM,this reminds me to get in gear.

Not a PERFECT solution but for a civilian I see these having 5 uses MINIMUM and that is not counting the fun aspect.

It would be fun to load your shotgun up with some ammo, throw a confetti one in there somewhere and let a friend shoot away. Kind of like the golf ball that turns to a cloud of smoke.

I did this quite a few times to some friends with blanks while shooting clays. It was even better because we were betting money. I was nice enough to give their money back to them after I told them. Now they will not let me load their guns for them when there is money on the line. I had to load their guns because the blank shells were much lighter in weight than a real shell.

I did this quite a few times to some friends with blanks while shooting clays. It was even better because we were betting money. I was nice enough to give their money back to them after I told them. Now they will not let me load their guns for them when there is money on the line. I had to load their guns because the blank shells were much lighter in weight than a real shell.

That's pretty funny, haha!