Dr Bocci

Glock slide question

Was able to finally shot the glock 19 gen4 ipicked up a few months back. Great time, handles beautifully.

Now my questions. It took a good amount of force to place the mag into the gun. Is that normal? Also, if the slide was back when I loaded the mag, it (the slide)would release and slide forward chambering a round. Is this normal??This gun had 0 rounds through it before me, so I dont know if that is partof the issue. Im a newbie to pistols, but I feel that this should not be happening?

You must have hit the slide release with your thumb when you were slapping the mag home. It is easy enough to happen. Because I have a high grip when I first got my 19, I actually hit the slide release on a last shot a couple of times causing the slide to not lock open on the last round. It happened 2 or 3 times before I realized my mistake.

Edit that I just saw that you said you are shooting left handed. It must be that act and angle of slamming the mag in like the others have stated. Have you tried the other mag yet?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By medic2264
      WTS USED GEN 5 GLOCK OVERWATCH PRECISION TAC TRIGGER
      $125 Overwatch precision tac trigger gen5
      $20 Hyve technologies extended magazine release gen 4/5
      I'm in Monmouth County
      The first "I'll take it" followed by a PM
      PM me for questions.

• By Mr.Stu
      I was staff at the Battle For The North Coast USPSA match a couple of weeks ago. I won a certificate for a new Glock at the staff dinner. I already have several Glocks which fulfil my needs so I'm putting it up for sale.
      The certificate is good for the following guns free of charge:
      9mm: G17, G17 Gen5, G19, G19 Gen5, G26. G26 Gen5, G43, G43X MOS, G48 MOS, G45
      .40S&W: G22, G22 Gen5, G23, G23 Gen5, G27, G27 Gen5
      .357Sig: G31, G31 Gen4, G32, G32 Gen4, G33, G33 Gen4
      .380: G42
      .22LR: G44
      .45GAP: G37, G37 Gen4, G38, G39

There are other models available with an upgrade fee which is taxable (just the upgrade fee, not the whole price of the gun)
      $58 Upgrade:
      10mm: G20, G20SF, G29, G29SF
      .45ACP: G21SF, G21 Gen4, G30 Gen4, G30SF, G30S, G36FGR
      $71 Upgrade fee:
      9mm: G19 Gen5 MOS, G45 MOS, G47 Gen5 MOS
      $90 Upgrade fee:
      9mm: G19X (Coyote color only)
      $92 Upgrade fee:
      9mm: G34
      .40S&W: G35
      .45ACP: G41
      $156 Upgrade fee:
      9mm: G34 Gen5 MOS
      10mm: G40 Gen4 MOS
      .45ACP: G41 Gen4 MOS
      The actual list of guns is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/w3GnW1DjwepoGebH8
      You can also choose to add Glock night sights for $67 or, if ordering a Gen5 model, Ameriglo Bold sights for $90.
      The certificate is valid until 12/31/2024. You would need to fill it out and send it with a copy of your FFL's license to Glock. They would then send the gun to your FFL for transfer to you. You are responsible for all FFL fees.
      I'm looking for $475 for the certificate. As there is no actual firearm being transferred, just a certificate, there is no permit required, although you will need one if you are an NJ resident so your FFL will be able to transfer the gun to you.
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.
    • By 8lbsledge
      please delete

• By CNJ
      Hello,
      I am new here and looking to sell my two hand guns (I have another post for a Browning 22 1911 what will have a description very similar to this post).

This post is for a Glock G19 GEN5 with night sights that I purchased new from Firearms Support and Storage June of 2019. I have used it a total of two times at RTSP in Union NJ and in it's lifetime it has shot only 172 rounds down range.
      It comes with 3 10 round magazines as well as the grips/lock as shown in the photos. I have not used it since prior to covid, so I will give it the best cleaning I can before the sale.
      The price is $325 plus FFL transfer fees.
      If you have questions or if I can share any other photos, please let me know.

Thank you! 

The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale

• By Oaktreepeepee
      Does anyone have experience with Jim Flynn’s in glen Gardner nj, I bought a bag of 9mm Ammo for my Glock 19 gen 5 and I was wondering if it’s good Ammo and if it’ll be safe to fire in my Glock. Thank you- TD