Sign in to follow this  
remixer

Saturday july 6th.. NICS IS DOWN

It was SLOW as hell, but not completely DOWN today.  Between a friend and myself, we walked out of a store in NJ today with 3 guns...  I also witnessed at least 2 other people walk out of stores with firearms called in today...

My friend's took about 40 minutes, mine took over an hour....so hardly instant...but it is also a holiday weekend, which could have had something to do with it...

Process was started around 11:15AM for my friend, probably around 12:45 for me

YES it was completely DOWN.

The billing system crashed right around 12:30 or so and was DOWN until almost 4:00. Nics was running but since they would not accept "new calls" after the billing crashed i would call that DOWN.

Thats besides the fact that before it crashed it was taking 40 minutes to get an operator. They only had 3 people working today which is the reason for the slow down. The crash of billing was unrelated to the holiday.

It was SLOW as hell, but not completely DOWN today.  Between a friend and myself, we walked out of a store in NJ today with 3 guns...  I also witnessed at least 2 other people walk out of stores with firearms called in today...

My friend's took about 40 minutes, mine took over an hour....so hardly instant...but it is also a holiday weekend, which could have had something to do with it...

Process was started around 11:15AM for my friend, probably around 12:45 for me

You might have been one of the last ones to get in before it dumped. i was on 1 line holding for nics then started a second call 20 minutes in on another phone line to try and beat the wait and it was not accepting any calls. I called NICS and they confirmed it was down due to the billing system not routing the calls to them. in any case it got fixed approx 4:00pm