Kaiser7

Flintlock build kits

I remember when I was doing yardwork for a former teacher of mine, I came in to use the bathroom while he was painting a room in his house. Well, we always got a long, so he decided to show me his "Classical Room" (the adjacent room, the one he was painting was reserved for modern art.)

Well, the room had the air of an English Gentleman's study, complete with paintings his family did of Churchill, King Tut's mask, and was adorned with a bunch of cool stuff.

But what really stuck out was a functioning flintlock pistol, and a musket that hung on the wall. They were absolutely gorgeous, and I was shocked to find that his brother had made them from a kit a long time ago.

I was just wondering, has anyone done this before? Would the recommend it, or even know where to get one? I'm in no real rush, but I always figured it would be neat to build my own Jager, or Kentucky long rifle.

Michael,

Contact Gregg or his Dad Chuck Dixon, of Dixon Muzzleloading Shop in Kempton, PA.  They are THE place to get either a kit or all of the parts to build your own flint or percussion muzzleloader.  In fact, on the last full weekend of this month, the 31st Annual Gun Maker's Fair will take place on their grounds in Kempton.  FREE admission and only $2 to park your car.  Take Exit #40 on Rt. 78 West, turn right and follow the signs to Kempton.  At the bottom of the hill, see sign for "Gun Maker's Fair" and turn right, then 1st right into driveway.  In addition to kits, you can buy everything else you may need to build or shoot a muzzleloader, rifle OR pistol!  Go to www.dixonmuzzleloading.com   or call:  610-756-6271 and tell them Rosey sent you.

Only 11 miles due East of Cabela's (Exit 29 on Rt. 78).  And while in the neighborhood, be sure to stop at Dietrich's Meats (they sell everything BUT the OINK, lol) and the Pinnacle Ridge Winery (both off the same exit #40 for Dixon's).

Any time you wish to "play with explosives", just call, email or PM me and I'll "hook you up" with some loaner equipment at one of our Old Bridge Black Powder League Matches!

Stay safe and chat soon!

Rosey