tomgwarrior

CJRP Range has raised their rates

If that's the case then members are really lucky. The club may take a hit with new members and will lose out on the $400 per person.  50 new members a month is $20000 plus $12500 for memberships for improvements. I don't know why the board is concerned with too many members joining which made them raise the capital fee. From what I hear, on the weekdays the place is empty and weekends aren't bad at all. 

I would ask to see the books. Sounds like a lot of money being wasted or stolen. 

not losing out on anything really.  I don't think this is about economics at all and if I had to pay more to have the place to myself on occasion I'll gladly do it. 

When they raised the fees last, membership dropped and we had more cash than the previous year. fyi

If that's the case then members are really lucky. The club may take a hit with new members and will lose out on the $400 per person.  50 new members a month is $20000 plus $12500 for memberships for improvements. I don't know why the board is concerned with too many members joining which made them raise the capital fee. From what I hear, on the weekdays the place is empty and weekends aren't bad at all. 

I would ask to see the books. Sounds like a lot of money being wasted or stolen. 

The place is indeed empty during the week.  I think that part of this might be the older members wanting to keep it that way.  The couple meetings I have went to there were some grumblings I heard from members about how many people were joining per month.  I do not necessarily think they are correct in their feelings though.

I have been a member since march and have averaged a trip there about every 10 days since joining.  I have never gone there on a weekend, but every trip I have made (weekdays) I have either been the only one there or one of less than 6 people total at the facility.  I generally will shoot both pistol (pits) and rifle (gp range) and I have always had my pick of pits and was either the only one or with a max of 2 other people on the gp range.  

Even at 50 new people per month it would take years of new members to even partially fill the facility on a regular basis.  

i was thinking of joining but wanted to check it out first. On their website I noticed events that are "open to the public" I'm assuming i can just show up

and compete? Seems like a good way to check the place out. Any idea what they charge?

not losing out on anything really.  I don't think this is about economics at all and if I had to pay more to have the place to myself on occasion I'll gladly do it. 

When they raised the fees last, membership dropped and we had more cash than the previous year. fyi

Was the last increase a 50% bump as well? Seems pretty steep. I can see $500 cap fee more reasonable. A few comments from some club members that attend the meeting is that members have been complaining about too many new people joining and pushed for the capital increase. 

Don't you guys want to promote and protect the sport? With local, state, and federal government out of control with gun law suggestions, you will have a more powerful voice to give opposition if needed with more new members behind you. 

Drez,

Have you been there?  Have you seen the facility?  It makes Cherry Ridge look like a child's playground.  24/7 indoor range.  Real 5 stand trap.  If I were closer I would, in a heart beat.

I suppose some of you have not investigated why Disney's Parks charge so much for admission - you should read up on that and do some thinking and apply it to this situation as well.

To pay for that flop The Lone Ranger?

i was thinking of joining but wanted to check it out first. On their website I noticed events that are "open to the public" I'm assuming i can just show up

and compete? Seems like a good way to check the place out. Any idea what they charge?

Yep you can just show up. The gate has a code written on the keypad that will let you in during matches.

The cost varies from discipline to discipline and on if you are a member or not. For example if you wanted to shoot my USPSA match this Sunday, your match fee would be $25 for a 6h event, vs $15 for a club member

What's the payment plans like. I was thinking of joining this summer but the increase may put me out.

Partial payment ($300 non taxable) Capital Contribution Fee can be paid by a new member upon joining

The remainder of the Capital Contribution Fee may be paid in no more than (4) equal quarterly installments of $80.00 (Non Taxable & $5.00 SERVICE CHARGE.

You can attend a match as Vlad posted or you can ask one of the many members here on this board to guest you in and show you around.

Many of would be willing to bring you.

Well, it's dead right now because of the ammo prices and shortage. I think they are worried about what happens when ammo is cheap and plentiful again and people start coming in more often. But I'd not be surprised if they just saw an opportunity to get more money and took it, because of all the new people showing an interest and the lack of good facilities in this state to compete against.

I was going to join myself, but now I think I'll not. I'm not paying a $600 fee, that's just ridiculous. If they were worried about too many people joining, they could have just put in a waiting list that said said we allow X amount of new members per year. We'll put you on a list based on first come first serve for next year if you don't make it in this one.

If they were worried about too many people joining, they could have just put in a waiting list that said said we allow X amount of new members per year. We'll put you on a list based on first come first serve for next year if you don't make it in this one.

uLVEt.gif

Disclaimer: I know its their place and they can do what they want etcetc

i was gonna join come november, looks like that isnt gonna happen now, the old $400 fee was steep...ill bet something like mcrp with some upgrades would be a good competitor, the only thing selling me on cjrpc is the 24/7 indoor..im not exactly a morning person and am more likely to go at night...if it was really about costs going up they would increase the membership fee not the buy in...but alas its like congress

i was gonna join come november, looks like that isnt gonna happen now, the old $400 fee was steep...ill bet something like mcrp with some upgrades would be a good competitor, the only thing selling me on cjrpc is the 24/7 indoor..im not exactly a morning person and am more likely to go at night...if it was really about costs going up they would increase the membership fee not the buy in...but alas its like congress

Same here. If I shot more rifle then the price would be worth it. For nearly $900 to get in it and currently only shooting pistol and one lever action rifle it would take me years to get my moneys worth if I shoot 4-6 times a month.

Not that it is relevant to the OP but it is relevant to CJRPC.  I saw on the NRA website that there is supposed to be a Shotgun firearms instructor course there sometime in August but the NRA site won't allow me to "click for more details" and I couldn't find anything about it on CJRPC's site either... Any clues?

Not that it is relevant to the OP but it is relevant to CJRPC.  I saw on the NRA website that there is supposed to be a Shotgun firearms instructor course there sometime in August but the NRA site won't allow me to "click for more details" and I couldn't find anything about it on CJRPC's site either... Any clues?

August 3,4,10,11

http://www.cjrpc.com/chairs_single.cfm?chairID=96

I shot at MCRP once and can tell you the only way it would ever compete with CJRPC is if they bulldozed the place and started over.  There is no comparison to be made.  For what it's worth, I think we've only shot indoors 2 or 3 times since joining.  Once you shoot outdoors you'll never want to shoot indoors again.  Unless of course the only time you can shoot is at night.

The current members don't want to have an increase in annual dues, this as the source of much griping  a few years ago, when dues went up every year, it seemed. Not by a ton, and it also increased the new member cap contribution as well, but thats my guess as to why they are jacking up new members. Possibly to cut down on the sheer numbers as well. Still can't beat it though, if you live in central NJ, it has it all. The indoor is taking a real beating just from use, last time I was there.

The current members don't want to have an increase in annual dues, this as the source of much griping  a few years ago, when dues went up every year, it seemed. Not by a ton, and it also increased the new member cap contribution as well, but thats my guess as to why they are jacking up new members. Possibly to cut down on the sheer numbers as well. Still can't beat it though, if you live in central NJ, it has it all. The indoor is taking a real beating just from use, last time I was there.

I have not been in six months since the transplant but the indoor range really does need some help always at least one port out.

I have not been in six months since the transplant but the indoor range really does need some help always at least one port out.

Was in there a couple weeks ago and there were at least 2 ports out of commission.  Guy next to me spent 10 min trying to figure out what he was doing wrong before he realized it was broke lol.  

Was in there a couple weeks ago and there were at least 2 ports out of commission. Guy next to me spent 10 min trying to figure out what he was doing wrong before he realized it was broke lol.

Was there last week and most ports had no light bulbs above and 2 ports had target return problems. You need to email or call John or Bob when you see there's a problem.

Sent from my Droid Razr Max using Tapatalk 2

Was there last week and most ports had no light bulbs above and 2 ports had target return problems. You need to email or call John or Bob when you see there's a problem.

Sent from my Droid Razr Max using Tapatalk 2

I noticed that.  The no lightbulb thing really pissed me off.  All the target returns worked though.   I sent an email.

Ken