sure shot

Do we have a count down for Christie?

If I am not mistaken all of the bills are now sitting on his desk waiting for his decision and after 45 days of inaction they will become law. Do we have any idea what date the 45th day is? Its a bad feeling of being limbo not knowing what is going to happen next and constantly checking news and the forum to see what happens from day to day. Knowing what the deadline is would be a big help. 

Thanks guys, I am keeping my fingers crossed. If anything he would probably veto the Sweeny bill only because it would be a nightmare to implement, cost to much and would garner a lot of negative feedback. As for the others, anything can happen.

I emailed the governor and let him know it will cost money through implementation and constant renewals or through litigation if they attempt to pass on the cost to us for our constitutional right.

I spoke with one of my assemblymen today and was told he was pretty sure almost all if not all would be vetoed.

Bry@n is your assemblyman a republican or democrat?

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

He's Ron Dancer and he's a Republican. Also told me that CC made it clear to him and others where he stood on the 2A. I didn't have time to ask him exactly what that meant. Plus I had just interrupted him and the mayor of my town in a meeting so…

He's Ron Dancer and he's a Republican. Also told me that CC made it clear to him and others where he stood on the 2A. I didn't have time to ask him exactly what that meant. Plus I had just interrupted him and the mayor of my town in a meeting so…

Ron Dancer is my rep as well and he has actually helped draft several pro-2A bills this year.  He is a straight shooter, no pun intended, so I take him at face value.

This all sounds promising, I will be writing him another email today as well. I've seen a lot of news on NJ.com about all of the shootings in Trenton recently and I want to mention how the state capitol can't even keep its own backyard clean and how these bills won't drop the violence there at all. It is clear we have societal problems that gun control bills can't fix.

This all sounds promising, I will be writing him another email today as well. I've seen a lot of news on NJ.com about all of the shootings in Trenton recently and I want to mention how the state capitol can't even keep its own backyard clean and how these bills won't drop the violence there at all. It is clear we have societal problems that gun control bills can't fix.

The State Capital can't keep its backyard clean because 1) there are very few police officers left on the force- can be as few as 4 officers on at one time, 2) there is little incentive for people in these inner cities to get an education and work for a living and 3) gangs fill a void that is created when the traditional family structure breaks down.

There is nothing any of these laws would do to reduce violence in our inner cities.

You realize that even if CC vetoes everything, we're just putting off the inevitable? Our next Governor will almost certainly be a Democrat. These legislators don't forget defeats. 

You realize the sun will go out eventually, right?  Our planet will almost certainly face heat-death. 

You realize the sun will go out eventually, right?  Our planet will almost certainly face heat-death. 

You realize that NJ will not cease to be a laughingstock until the sun turns to a cold, hard cinder, right?

Having a smog-colored license plate with the word "Garden" on it certainly doesn't help...

I've seen a lot of gardens get paved over in the last thirty years, maybe it is time to petition for us to become the "Concrete Jungle State"

I'm well aware that we may only be putting off the inevitable but what else are we going to do? I would like to find myself in PA before that happens but in any state it could potentially happen if you give them enough time.

inevitable...Maybe, but at least you get about six more years and by that time some of these idiots will be gone and maybe we'll have new "important" issues for them to chew on and pass dumb legislation.  By then I am hoping to relocate in more gun friendly territory. 

I think that's right.  Dancer is a big deal in the GOP around here, and is a key guy for Christie to deliver the Burl/OC/Monmouth votes So he'd be in the know

hence my plan for buying what I want & loads of ammo in 2014-15, ahead of the elections of President Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Governor Loretta Weinberg in 2017

You realize that even if CC vetoes everything, we're just putting off the inevitable? Our next Governor will almost certainly be a Democrat. These legislators don't forget defeats. 

lots of realizations happening in this thread. i realize the below is so possible its very scary

hence my plan for buying what I want & loads of ammo in 2014-15, ahead of the elections of President Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Governor Loretta Weinberg in 2017

If we elect the 82 year old Weinberg as Governor in 2017 then there is something radically wrong with the voting public in this state.  I for one will be long gone before she would take the oath of office 

2 Republican governors in a row is too much to ask for. As the demographics of this state continue to deteriorate, so will the legislatures. We really are not that far behind California in key economic measures. 

You can escape to a gun-friendly state, as I expect to do once my responsibilities in NJ are over. But sadly, Feinstein-type confiscation is probably no more than 20 years away. Whether it's national or state-by-state. Things are happening very, very quickly. 

National confiscation is not going to happen. Too many free states. Never get through the Senate.  Even the House would be a very tough battle.  Outside of the two left coasts, nothing really makes it.  We will be in financial ruin long before an organized gun control gets any traction.  I would venture to say Colorado will turn around next election.  The California transplants will not be able to continue control over that state.  I venture to say their recently passed legislation will be reversed after the next election.

HEY!!! Do you mind? I'm about to have dinner here! Yuk!

I would venture to say Colorado will turn around next election. The California transplants will not be able to continue control over that state. I venture to say their recently passed legislation will be reversed after the next election.

I hope you're right. I was planning to relocate in CO in a few years, but the political shift has caused me to think twice. Hopefully, the fencesitters simply failed to vote because they thought it would never happen. Now that they've seen it, we'll see if they come out next election and take their state back. If they sit on their asses again, it won't be long before CO is just another shithole nanny-state with nice scenery.

One thing is for sure, the next election will be very telling.