sure shot

Do we have a count down for Christie?

CA tried the online ammo ban a few yrs ago (AB962) and it was knocked down because of the confliction with the handgun specific ammo and how lots of ammo can be used in rifles, too vaguely worded...However a few sherrifs were involved in the group trying to overturn the law, imagine that here in NJ! lol. Thinking ahead to the unthinkable if it gets signed (I dont think so, at least as-is) who in NJ will pick up the gauntlet? ANJRPC/NJ2AS/SAF ? Sorry, not very effective so far... the ACLU? that would be interesting...I would think ban on interstae commerce alone has to have some meat to chew on.

I wonder if Christie signed the 10 "not as bad bills" in hopes it would silently pass into law then when he VETOES (Hopefully) the 3-"bad bills" he'll look like a hero to keep his 2016 race alive. In this case he's playing the middle so he can tell the people of NJ he's tough on guns and the rest of the country he's a supporter of guns.

Kind of a "look...I'm a reasonable kind of guy willing to work with everybody" BS....

However, I was completely wrong so far on these 13 bills and how'd he handle them....FWIW.

Realistically the bills that just passed I figure won't affect me because I have no mental health records and hopefully I am not on some secret list. I am not worried about them but I do not agree with them at all.

It is like I said earlier, there will soon be more criminals in NJ than people who pay their taxes and try to be responsible citizens holding guns with each new restriction they pass. I am sick of it, I already hate going out my door on the way to the range because I get the feeling that I broke at least 15 laws somehow each time.

If this "centerpiece bill" does in fact become law I can not get past that, I will not renew my rights at a DMV every four years knowing there is still no chance we will ever get CCW along with it. If it does pass it will be impossible to overturn and things will only continue to get worse after that, it will be time to jump ship to a free state because they did not give us any other option, they do not want us living here. 

I wonder if Christie signed the 10 "not as bad bills" in hopes it would silently pass into law then when he VETOES (Hopefully) the 3-"bad bills" he'll look like a hero to keep his 2016 race alive. In this case he's playing the middle so he can tell the people of NJ he's tough on guns and the rest of the country he's a supporter of guns.

Kind of a "look...I'm a reasonable kind of guy willing to work with everybody" BS....

In all honesty, the only thing that can tell you what is going through his mind is the last thing that came out of his ass.

njJoniGuy-

NJ law has no bearing or effect in PA. No one in PA has every asked me to show ID for purchasing ammo. Why would they start now? The NJ AG's office has no jurisdiction in PA. If passed, the law would effect our ability to purchase online, but not in PA.

njJoniGuy-

NJ law has no bearing or effect in PA. No one in PA has every asked me to show ID for purchasing ammo. Why would they start now? The NJ AG's office has no jurisdiction in PA. If passed, the law would effect our ability to purchase online, but not in PA.

When purchasing ammo in PA you are subject to PA laws. The only way a PA retailer would be required to check your credentials would be if you ordered ammo online to be shipped to NJ.

Sarco in PA wont sell ammo to NY residents in their store, They have signs up

Also I used to goto Walmart in Easton and Quakerbridge all the time and had no problem buying HG but then they stopped selling me HG ammo, I havent tried again since the times they refused me 2 months or so ago

Sarco in PA wont sell ammo to NY residents in their store, They have signs up

Also I used to goto Walmart in Easton and Quakerbridge all the time and had no problem buying HG but then they stopped selling me HG ammo, I havent tried again since the times they refused me 2 months or so ago

Border states with NY have become skittish ever since the SAFE Act. It's a shame, and they're setting dangerous precedence.

I read an article yesterday where Cuomo's "favorability" rating has bumped back up to 65% among voters in NY, and re-elect possibilities at 55% as of July from a Siena College poll. That's disturbing.

njJoniGuy-

Retailers are starting to ask... the last few times I bought ammo I was asked for ID. I asked them "why" and she said "because it's ammo". I was ready to argue but I figured I'd do that if she scans my license or takes more information. She quickly looked and rung me up. I really should have called her out but most employees are stating it's the STORE'S policy.

I have no problem with store policies if they are just trying to make sure you are over 18/21 years of age before buying ammunition.

Other than that, there is no reason PA (or anywhere else) should give two hoots about NJ state law (if it passes).

I'm getting a queasy feeling that there won't be a veto of any of them.  Christie signed the ones that were relatively non-controversial and will simply do nothing with respect to these three in a feeble attempt to continue to ride the fence and avoid the whole gun issue to the extent possible and hope this all just goes away.

I'm getting a queasy feeling that there won't be a veto of any of them. Christie signed the ones that were relatively non-controversial and will simply do nothing with respect to these three in a feeble attempt to continue to ride the fence and avoid the whole gun issue to the extent possible and hope this all just goes away.

I don't know. That seems out of character for him. Feeble and passive-aggressive are not part of his public/political personality. A pocket-pass of the controversial bills would do be all bad from his political perspective. He would have no upside spin.

I don't know. That seems out of character for him. Feeble and passive-aggressive are not part of his public/political personality. A pocket-pass of the controversial bills would do be all bad from his political perspective. He would have no upside spin.

Good analysis Voyager. CC is many things, but passive is NOT one of them.

Saw a T-shirt at gun4hire the other day. It had CC's likeness and said "my governor can eat your governor ".

Border states with NY have become skittish ever since the SAFE Act. It's a shame, and they're setting dangerous precedence.

I read an article yesterday where Cuomo's "favorability" rating has bumped back up to 65% among voters in NY, and re-elect possibilities at 55% as of July from a Siena College poll. That's disturbing.

I'm not surprised, people many people forget about things rather quickly.

Realistically the bills that just passed I figure won't affect me because I have no mental health records and hopefully I am not on some secret list. I am not worried about them but I do not agree with them at all.

It is like I said earlier, there will soon be more criminals in NJ than people who pay their taxes and try to be responsible citizens holding guns with each new restriction they pass. I am sick of it, I already hate going out my door on the way to the range because I get the feeling that I broke at least 15 laws somehow each time.

If this "centerpiece bill" does in fact become law I can not get past that, I will not renew my rights at a DMV every four years knowing there is still no chance we will ever get CCW along with it. If it does pass it will be impossible to overturn and things will only continue to get worse after that, it will be time to jump ship to a free state because they did not give us any other option, they do not want us living here. 

Please allow me to be very rude. You are nuts Jack. No mental health?? That aint up to you. It's up to your ahole doctor and out of your control.  No secret list?? That aint up to you either. You cannot find out what list you are or are not on. Wake up Jack. If and when you find out what list you are on, they will charge you with knowing a secret gov. secret.  The gov. is out of control and the people are idiots. Thank you for listening.

Please allow me to be very rude. You are nuts Jack. No mental health?? That aint up to you. It's up to your ahole doctor and out of your control.  No secret list?? That aint up to you either. You cannot find out what list you are or are not on. Wake up Jack. If and when you find out what list you are on, they will charge you with knowing a secret gov. secret.  The gov. is out of control and the people are idiots. Thank you for listening.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Does the NRA ever use any of its clout to help us in NJ?

Via local orgs like NJ2AS and Anjrpc...

Why do people think NRA abandons us?

They can't disperse reps to every nitch in the country, hence local orgs in lieu...

On a positive note I've never in my life followed a bill through the system (that was a disappointment ) so I'm hoping there are a lot of people like myself who come out to vote in November.

Though if the Sweeney bill passes , I'll feel like the election is a lost cause no matter what.

Via local orgs like NJ2AS and Anjrpc...

Why do people think NRA abandons us?

They can't disperse reps to every nitch in the country, hence local orgs in lieu...

I guess the feeling of abandonment comes from seeing/reading of victories around the country....dc il just as a couple examples...all the while people in nj are bleeding themselves in joining donating additional money via contributions etc and a litany Of ridulous laws (in the past also) are being rammed up us...with no return on the hundreds of thousands in monies if not more coming out of desperate Nj gun owners looking for help.... And the response? They don't want to "waste their money in nj.. It's a lost cause".....they sure don't return the checks sent from jersey though...

And why couldnt they pull a few off the other 47 states that aren't being screwed and focus on the 3 that are for a bit.... Since the local orgs aren't making progress .....