sure shot

Do we have a count down for Christie?

I guess the feeling of abandonment comes from seeing/reading of victories around the country....dc il just as a couple examples...all the while people in nj are bleeding themselves in joining donating additional money via contributions etc and a litany Of ridulous laws (in the past also) are being rammed up us...with no return on the hundreds of thousands in monies if not more coming out of desperate Nj gun owners looking for help.... And the response? They don't want to "waste their money in nj.. It's a lost cause".....they sure don't return the checks sent from jersey though...

And why couldnt they pull a few off the other 47 states that aren't being screwed and focus on the 3 that are for a bit.... Since the local orgs aren't making progress .....

I would get calls from them once a week looking for money. When they finally got me on the phone the rep said they need me to donate money so they can fight against high-cap mag bans and to not lose the right to carry. I told him that I am already limited to 15 rounds and it is impossible for the average person to get a carry permit. He was very surprised to hear thats the way it is here. I told him that donations I make will be to NJ based groups that are looking after gun owners rights in NJ as it didn't seem the NRA was helping us here. He totally understood. The calls stopped after that.

I'm not really that familiar with the nj based groups... While they may be great guys and are trying... Do they actually have the connections etc to effect change? Or More or less like us standing in front of the courthouse the politicians inside laughed us off and did what they wanted anyway?.....have they actually made any headway on any fronts? I'm honestly asking as I don't know..... The only thing I've really heard was on here about a lawsuit to do with a bb gun or something ... And it lost....

In my opinion nj is so screwed up that it will take a huge amount of money/buying politician/lobbying to even hold position... Much less gain ground....that's why the NRA needs to circle up the wagons and do something !

In all honesty NJ is a lost cause. I know people don't want to hear that but it's true. The money IS better spent on maintaining/advancing other states where it goes somewhere. Just look at how our state government conducts itself. If the vote isn't what you want, you stop voting and move it to a new venue. No amount of money can compete with such corruption in legal ways. They broke their own laws plain and simple yet nothing happen. They were caught on tape admitting the ultimate goal is confiscation yet nothing happen. Let's admit it- NJ people don't want law abiding citizens to own guns. Politicians NEED criminals to have guns to skew their stats for their agenda. We'll never see rational laws to arm the honest and disarm criminals, ever.

Ontop of that, it seems we're locked in a race to the bottom between NY, CA and NJ. How can you compete with mass liberal brainwashed hogshit like this. They have an entire government on every level pushing this, we have a minority who must pay for the other side and our own. Face it- it's a losing fight. All you can do is slow it down. Think about it- if all that money was diverted to NJ, what would realistically happen? Would we really get any of our rights back? I highly doubt it. Ontop of that- other states wouldn't get as much funding to fight the anti's. You could slowly start adding more states in the race to the bottom. Is that what you really want? NJ, CA and NY being joined by more states with a multiplying effect? Having that money spent on other states does help NJ and America as a whole. I'm not saying you should start giving your money for other people's well being but don't ask for the money donated already to be ill spent.

The ultimate form of protest is to leave. Yes I know most can not- it's not an option due to ties we have here. But if you can, it's the best thing to do. First off it's 1 less person contributing to this failing state. Second is you can have a better quality of life in the form of lower taxes, more freedoms, less police state. Will you make as much elsewhere? No but that's not such a bad thing either. Considering our Federal Theft Tax(IRS federal income) is based on a flat amount you make and places where you don't earn as much tend to have things cost less. Houses, property, property tax, insurance, etc all cost less in most other states. My 60 year old house here valued at $300k is only 1600 sqft on .44acre of land. CO for example, that same $300k can get me a brand new 2200sqft house($200k) on 5 acres of land($100k) at 1/5 the property tax(.45-.6% CO vs 2.515% NJ). It can and does equal out vs certain items that are flat across the nation such as cars. Third is the point of states having their own laws is so that if a state becomes too bad you can leave to a much better state. If more people practiced this- you would see massive change in NJ big time.

In all honesty NJ is a lost cause. I know people don't want to hear that but it's true. The money IS better spent on maintaining/advancing other states where it goes somewhere. Just look at how our state government conducts itself. If the vote isn't what you want, you stop voting and move it to a new venue. No amount of money can compete with such corruption in legal ways. They broke their own laws plain and simple yet nothing happen. They were caught on tape admitting the ultimate goal is confiscation yet nothing happen. Let's admit it- NJ people don't want law abiding citizens to own guns. Politicians NEED criminals to have guns to skew their stats for their agenda. We'll never see rational laws to arm the honest and disarm criminals, ever.

The problem with this that the laws that pas here have a nasty habit of becoming "models" for other states and feds. The NRA would not have had to spend a fortune fighting the federal AWB if they had managed to stop the NJ one. SO while leaving might be the greatest protest, it leaves this state even tighter in the grips of the anti s which will use use our legislature, and courts to incubate the next big ban that will end up following you when the anti s in whatever state you move to use the "success" of the NJ law as their drumbeat.

The problem with this that the laws that pas here have a nasty habit of becoming "models" for other states and feds. The NRA would not have had to spend a fortune fighting the federal AWB if they had managed to stop the NJ one. SO while leaving might be the greatest protest, it leaves this state even tighter in the grips of the anti s which will use use our legislature, and courts to incubate the next big ban that will end up following you when the anti s in whatever state you move to use the "success" of the NJ law as their drumbeat.

You have a valid point. I just don't see how NJ can ever reverse it's gun laws even if somehow you dumped a fortune into it. The people are the problem here, they scare easily. If you can't get the right people into office, no amount of money can change anything. Look at CO for example- 2 of the state senate members who pushed for their universal background and mag limit are being hassled for a recall and will now either resign or a new election will come up. 55 of the 64 Sheriffs are suing the state along with a number of gun right groups(not the NRA). Certain counties setup their own regulations toward gun laws, one even made it so there is no mag limit ban.

And this is from a "legitimate" ruled in law. They didn't break any rules bringing them into law. Compare that to NJ that broke it's own laws just to make more gun control laws- nothing happen. That tells you the grand majority of NJ like stricter gun laws. How would any support from the NRA or anyone for that matter ever change that? There's always going to be anti's and people who are gun nuts. The south are full of gun nuts where we wished we had even half the gun rights they do. Over here is the polar opposite. Even if you forced every anti out of CA/NJ/NY, they just end up somewhere else to plague. CO had an influx of CA people come in and look at what they are trying to do in a state that is massively pro gun.

You have a valid point. I just don't see how NJ can ever reverse it's gun laws even if somehow you dumped a fortune into it. The people are the problem here, they scare easily. If you can't get the right people into office, no amount of money can change anything. Look at CO for example- 2 of the state senate members who pushed for their universal background and mag limit are being hassled for a recall and will now either resign or a new election will come up. 55 of the 64 Sheriffs are suing the state along with a number of gun right groups(not the NRA). Certain counties setup their own regulations toward gun laws, one even made it so there is no mag limit ban.

And this is from a "legitimate" ruled in law. They didn't break any rules bringing them into law. Compare that to NJ that broke it's own laws just to make more gun control laws- nothing happen. That tells you the grand majority of NJ like stricter gun laws. How would any support from the NRA or anyone for that matter ever change that? There's always going to be anti's and people who are gun nuts. The south are full of gun nuts where we wished we had even half the gun rights they do. Over here is the polar opposite. Even if you forced every anti out of CA/NJ/NY, they just end up somewhere else to plague. CO had an influx of CA people come in and look at what they are trying to do in a state that is massively pro gun.

We have to fight dirty. As I suggested in another post some where, and as others discussed/did in the primary yesterday, we have to play their games. Start bussing in our own people to vote. Try to sabotage the dems by voting in their primaries. Stick them with loser candidates.

Its not so much that so many people in NJ really, actively like/want all these stricter gun laws. Its that they just don't care one way or the other. Sure there are rabid antis, but the largest percentage of reliable liberal voters are more concerned with either 1.) abortion, gay rights, and hugging trees or 2.) Making sure "they gubment checks keeps comin homies" "'cuz they gotz baby mommas to payz.", or 3.) "Like, dude, I just want a little weed and munchies, maaaan. Stop trying to harsh my buz". ( Note that group may also be found mixed with either #1 or #2)

#2- Forget it. We need to stop that crap. Compromises in this area are mostly unacceptable. Pandering to, or reasoning with this demographic is a waste of time. Best tactic here would be to push to a. Make ballots in English only, B.) Try to institute voter id, and even some form of qualification testing. Note, this isn't a racially motivated opinion. I'm not a racist, I AM an "intelligist" I really don't think someone should have a say in how things are run, if they can't demonstrate an ability AND willingness to make an INFORMED choice; especially when their choice can have such a dramatic impact on the lives of others. By no means would someone have to agree with me to pass the test. I think people should have to show at least some knowledge of the issues at hand and the various major candidates varied positions on them, as well as being able to articulate some rational thought process.

Note that I am aware that this problem of "zombie" voting, without much real thought, is not limited to inner cities, or minorities. There are plenty of white middle class 20 something airheads who vote liberal because its the "in" thing, or voted for Obama because "he'll like fix stuff and junk, because my friends/the internet said so".

However, #3 is a golden opportunity to win over a "growing" demographic, by having "conservative" candidates renounce the stupid, wasteful, and ineffective drug "war". It would also be the fiscally responsible thing to do, if they need a "traditional values" type of "cover". I have never, and will never use any type recreational "drug", other then an incurable addiction to caffine....... However, I don't care if someone else wants to do so, in the privacy of their own home, or other private place where they permission to do so.

One way or another, legalization of pot is going to happen. Why not ride the wave, and take credit for a popular change?

As for group 1, while there are extremists among them who will never compromise, many more are more in the middle, and open to reasonable solutions, if given the choice.

Bottom line, the only way to win is to FIGHT!

We need a no nonsense take no prisoners type of leader. Someone who isn't worried about the next election, the minute the current one is over.

My guess is we may hear something on Friday. Keep calling his office. Go also to his facebook page please, and let him know how you feel about these bills.

yes go counter the huge attack from the antis on his FB they are out in full force

Nobody ever tripped over a bag of emails when they walked into their office in the morning.

Promise now that you will mail letters tomorrow, no serious thoughtful composition required. Keep it short, even two lines is better than two paragraphs of BS or a letter you didn't send because you couldn't figure out the best way to say it. SEND ANYTHING SHORT AND SWEET, TYPOS WELCOMED.

But it's getting late so fax his ass as well, and go down there in person and give them the whatfor. Phone calls also very helpful.

It's sad on the Facebook page how many are urging him to sign s2723 and the remaining bills.

Let's try and get the word out to also flood his Facebook page.

Can we only call in during office hours?

Please link the page. I can't find the comments section on mobile.

It's sad on the Facebook page how many are urging him to sign s2723 and the remaining bills.

Let's try and get the word out to also flood his Facebook page.

Can we only call in during office hours?

That facebook thread is full of commie bots.

Since most of them are from out of state, and therefor have no legitimate purpose commenting there, we should start "reporting" all of those out-of-state "sign the bill" comments as spam. It only take a few seconds, and a couple mouse clicks. Just be sure to only do it the ones you're sure are coming from out-of-state.

Christie promises a decision on medical marijuana by Friday. Either signing or vetoing the pending bill. He'll probably decide on the gun bills then too.

I'm pretty confident he's already decided.

It's not at all like Christie to just slink away and let the bills quietly become law. I'm guessing he'll say some stuff that's interesting enough to be quoted on the Sunday morning news shows.

(I would like him to give a veto speech holding a Barrett .50 rifle over his head like Charlton Heston -- but I don't think that's going to happen.)

I'm pretty confident he's already decided.

It's not at all like Christie to just slink away and let the bills quietly become law. I'm guessing he'll say some stuff that's interesting enough to be quoted on the Sunday morning news shows.

(I would like him to give a veto speech holding a Barrett .50 rifle over his head like Charlton Heston -- but I don't think that's going to happen.)

LOL that is a REALLY funny vision hahaha!   Also I'm thinking that if he was at a Repub. convention (as read elswhere) I think he was trying to feel the vibe on how well a nat'l coming out would be which would greatly effect his thinking on the 3 new pending laws.

I've called his office the past three days.  I voluntarily gave my name and address.  I'm going to call again today and I'm thinking if I don't get asked for my name and address I'm going to raise hell about it.  It's ridiculous that they aren't making sure it is an NJ resident who is calling.

We have to fight dirty. As I suggested in another post some where, and as others discussed/did in the primary yesterday, we have to play their games. Start bussing in our own people to vote. Try to sabotage the dems by voting in their primaries. Stick them with loser candidates.

This is the answer. Use the full power of the two-party system against them.