sure shot

Do we have a count down for Christie?

I agree. They need to run someone like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Otherwise, I'm just voting Libertarian again. They want my vote, they need to put actual damn Republicans up instead of these bastardized Liberals.

I will do the exact same thing. 

And I'm not even sure about Cruz (but am open to it).  Will definitely support Rand or Libertarian. 

If I am not mistaken all of the bills are now sitting on his desk waiting for his decision and after 45 days of inaction they will become law. Do we have any idea what date the 45th day is? Its a bad feeling of being limbo not knowing what is going to happen next and constantly checking news and the forum to see what happens from day to day. Knowing what the deadline is would be a big help. 

By "all" do we mean 24 or is it the 5 or so? 

Is there a link or source showing which ones are pending his signature? 

By "all" do we mean 24 or is it the 5 or so? 

Is there a link or source showing which ones are pending his signature? 

Article on NJ.com has a complete list:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/07/latest_gun_bill_scorecard_track_new_jerseys_gun_control_legislation.html#incart_river_default

The 45 day? Good question. Supposedly the joint ANJRPC/NJ2AS legal action regarding a lawsuit was looking for clarification on what excactly is the 45 day countdown. Calander days, weekdays, days only when the legislature is in session?.......I havent seen a clarification yet but the "centerpeice bill" aka the new fpid system was passed and moved to CC'S desk June 27.

The 45 day? Good question. Supposedly the joint ANJRPC/NJ2AS legal action regarding a lawsuit was looking for clarification on what excactly is the 45 day countdown. Calander days, weekdays, days only when the legislature is in session?.......I havent seen a clarification yet but the "centerpeice bill" aka the new fpid system was passed and moved to CC'S desk June 27.

I'm no expert but, the way I read it is that it is 45 calendar days. If they are not in session on day 45, then day 45 is postponed until the first day they are in session again.

I know Christie is out of state and NJ.com recently had a couple of articles about groups urging him to sign them and also the status of current bills and there are 15 on his desk. (Thanks for the link above freejersey.) There is also a gun give away program now for writing to Christie to veto the bills. The countdown is looming but we should still hope for the best.

Mark my words...no vetoes ...the excuse will be he will be "so busy fighting for sandy victims" and other look at me I'm a hero stuff and put it out there like "unfortunately I was pre occupied with helping the millions affected blah blah ...but I've read them and I feel it's all sensible legislation to help keep the children safe and guns out of criminals hands ..yadda yadda yadda".....

.....and then we get A-rammed as usual by our own state. We are obviously not an important enough demographic for him to appease. It looks like our rights hold no water to him...its a shame its come to this gents. I pray for all of us and this sorry set of governing individuals we must endure

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If he lets them go through then it just shows there is no hope for this state by going through the typical political process. That's all I'll say.

The political "process" has become a facade simply to go through the motions and keep the sheeple content that its still America and not a dictatorship ...there is no process the representatives don't represent us or our wishes... The gun control hearings and meetings should show beyond a doubt this point....

Wow, some of these proposed bills are REAL scary:

S2715: Requires Department of Education to prepare and distribute pamphlets on how parents can limit a child’s exposure to media violence

--Indoctrination!!! My goodness.....

A3583/1613: Establishes School Security Task Force (This WILL pass)

S2468: Allows impounding motor vehicles if driver unlawfully has a gun (This is a "DOUBLE" Unconstitutional law/bill)

S2430: Declares violence a public health crisis and establishes "Study Commission on Violence"

This one scares me the MOST. It can go in any direction...sets up home inspections, could force Police to examine you and your family thoroughly, could set up a way to make confiscation easy if the commission deems gun ownership a threat to society.

This is the MOST ridiculous BILL...I can't believe it got out of the Senate:

S2725: Makes it a third-degree crime to possess air or spring gun for an unlawful purpose

Define "unlawful" purposes...texting while an airsoft gun is on the front seat of your car?

This one is by far, astounding:

A3754: Requires firearms seizure when mental health professional determines patient poses threat of harm to self or others.

If this one EVER passes, you leave the state...walk away from it all.

I still think CC will veto all but the school task force and .50 Cal ban.

Wish he would at least comment on this. Nobody has a clue as to what his stance is on all of this.

That's the biggest problem, but I think slobbo will let everything pass. He's nothing but a RINO and today's attacks against Libertarians just solidified that. I hope I'm wrong.

That's the biggest problem, but I think slobbo will let everything pass. He's nothing but a RINO and today's attacks against Libertarians just solidified that. I hope I'm wrong.

You "hope" you're wrong? Isn't it a little late for that? I think you need to switch that ambi selector from "Hope" to "Change" at this point.

The political "process" has become a facade simply to go through the motions and keep the sheeple content that its still America and not a dictatorship ...there is no process the representatives don't represent us or our wishes... The gun control hearings and meetings should show beyond a doubt this point....

Oh I've known this. Yet, people are saying that we pro-gun people need to do more. What else can we do? Protests, taking non-gun owners to ranges, campaigns, attending hearings, everything legal is being done. Our "masters" do not listen. We are doing a lot, as much as we can. I doesn't work and it won't work. Here in NJ at least.

Wish he would at least comment on this. Nobody has a clue as to what his stance is on all of this.

He's a very successful politician. Nobody will have a clue as to what his stance is on all this even after he does whatever he's going to do.

My guess is he waits until about the last moment and gives a big speech. He'll want to give the appearance of due consideration, much thought and much consultation with "experts". He'll also want to minimize the time and opportunities to be attacked between that moment and the election.

My next guess is he conditionally vetoes S2723, asking for changes in the bill that the legislature will almost certainly never make.

My other guess is he signs A3659: "Bans the .50-caliber rifle — the most powerful weapon available to civilians" (BTW we all know it's not, since 20mm rifles are NFA legal in 35 states, just not NJ -- does anyone who works at the Star Ledger in any position higher than in the mail room know anything about guns?) For one thing, Christie has said he would sign the bill. (Unless the legislature worded the bill so poorly that it really does ban Hawkeye's Pennsylvania Rifle, in which case he'll conditionally veto that one, too.) For another, there aren't that many Barrett .50BMG owners to **** off in the state, and they're not going to vote for/give money to Buono. Or Hillary Clinton.  http://nj.gov/governor/news/news/552013/approved/20130419a.html

I'm beginning to wonder what Chris is all about after his comment yesterday. Is his vision for America the United States of New Jersey?

Chris Christie Attacks "This Strain of Libertarianism That's Going Through Both Parties Right Now"

As much as I think Christie has been the best thing in THIS state in a long time, it truly opened my eyes as to where he stands.  He will get my vote in November for Governor...that's a no brainer.  However, he will have zero support from me if/when he runs for the Republican candidate for POTUS.

As much as I think Christie has been the best thing in THIS state in a long time, it truly opened my eyes as to where he stands.  He will get my vote in November for Governor...that's a no brainer.  However, he will have zero support from me if/when he runs for the Republican candidate for POTUS.

I'm not even sure I will be voting for him in Nov.

I'm not even sure I will be voting for him in Nov.

Yeah this is what burns me. I'd have a choice between cynical statist like him and a fanatical one like whats her name.   On one hand his is not as bad as the other one, on the other hand I have a hard time supporting him.

Can I has third party?

I'm beginning to wonder what Chris is all about after his comment yesterday. Is his vision for America the United States of New Jersey?

Chris Christie Attacks "This Strain of Libertarianism That's Going Through Both Parties Right Now"

The strain of Libertarianism going through both parties? You would think he was talking about Communism. Wait a minute - I think he is. The threat TO Communism. This guy is fucking evil.

The threat of Libertarianism? What could he possibly condemn next that would top that? Babies? I don't think babies tops that. Maybe he could drop the "ism" and go straight after "Liberty." It's clear that's what he means.

Do you think if somebody threw spinach at Chris Christie he would melt?

I bet Obama would immediately sign an executive order that we couldn't pump oil from Lake Fatso. I'd be crossing the border to fill up drums with Lake Fatso in the middle of the night and blending them into my fuel oil tank.

Rand Paul would have vetoed the bills and shoved them up sweeny's ass by now

Yeah this is what burns me. I'd have a choice between cynical statist like him and a fanatical one like whats her name. On one hand his is not as bad as the other one, on the other hand I have a hard time supporting him.

Can I has third party?

I'm voting third party. I wish everyone would. If he loses in nj he loses nationally.