sure shot

Do we have a count down for Christie?

Have you seen this:

http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/15/chris-christie-lays-out-argument-for-2016/

Read that carefully, all he cares about is votes, votes, winning, and votes.

The man has no principles, don't expect him to vote on them.

Ok. So he's a politician. And? If he cares about votes and winning on the national stage he had better consider his party's base and their stance on 2a.

Ok. So he's a politician. And? If he cares about votes and winning on the national stage he had better consider his party's base and their stance on 2a.

i beg to differ......its sad but this map pretty much sums up the story of why he wont veto.......

http://www.270towin.com/

i beg to differ......its sad but this map pretty much sums up the story of why he wont veto.......

http://www.270towin.com/

Are you suggesting that voter turnout among gun owners won't go up in 2016 after Sandy Hook? (That's presuming that the Republicans nominate a pro-2A candidate and the Democrats nominate an anti-2A candidate.)

I also beg to differ, because post election data suggests that voter turnout among gun owners went down significantly between 2008 and 2012. Romney signed the Massachusetts AWB; Obama was generally believed to be anti-gun but he made no anti-gun moves until Sandy Hook, after the election.

Llewelyn Moss didn't see much difference, IMO.

If gun owners had felt threatened in November 2012 and come out to vote, NV (6) CO (9) IA (6) WI (10)  MI (16) OH (18) PA (20) VA (13) FL (29) NH (4) and ME (4) might have shifted from blue to red. If all those states had flipped it would have meant 221 blue/ 317 red -- or Romney in a landslide.

I don't think Christie can win the Republican nomination if he doesn't veto at least Sweeney's bill, and even if he did manage to win the Republican nomination without vetoing, Llewelyn Moss would sit out the election. Again. And we'd see a repeat of 2012.

Do you think he'll switch the party next year? have litle

im saying i don think it matters what party he is...or if he signs or vetos.....as the big gun states...montana wyoming etc have little pull with low single digit electoral votes...and libertard centers..like kalifornia an ny have way more.....as much as i wish you guys were right...i doubt it will play little into the minds of politicians as they pass these bills....to them its the "sensible right thing to do" for our own good....and we are "too dumb to know whats right"

My guess is he Vetos the Sweeney bill, but signs the .50 cal bill. This keeps your average gun owners happy, but in his eyes only a very small percentage can afford or want a .50 barrett. I think this is the wrong stance as all three should be shot down, but a politician may see this as the lesser of two evils.

I think he's as unpredictable as they come and nobody is going to know what he will do until he does it and its too late. All we can do is flood his office and media outlets with our views and hope for the best. Unless everyone is ready to strap on the lbv and head down to Trenton, unfortunately i dont think its going to bode too well for nj gun owners. I hope I'm wrong.

Given his background, he fits right into the mold.  A trial lawyer by trade, he knows how to "wait for it".  As a former  lobbyist and US attorney, he has learned the game from the inside much better than most.  Does he  have national inspirations?  I think so.  To what goal I do not know.  President? Not so sure about that one.  Is he going to Washington? You betcha.  I think he's looking to be a government  bigwig. More like a Secretary of a Department or along those lines You can't play in the national stage and not be beholding to the ones that back you.  You have to keep your options open in politics and he is doing just that.  I guess we shall see shortly.

He wants and needs a big win in this election.  It's not whether he is going to win, its about how big a margin he gets.  The bigger the margin the bigger he looks on the national stage.  (HAHA pun there).  That is why all the critical bills with national implications are still sitting on his desk.  Gun reform, Marijuana therapy for critically ill minors, etc. 

If you're running as a Republican you expect to lose NY and Commiefornia. You piss off Texas by voting against gun rights and you might as well not run.

Unless your name is Bush or Regan I guess. Everyone forgets that the republican presidents haven't done us any favors. Nixon was ok with banning all handguns. Regan signed the 1986 bill, supported the Brady's efforts. Bush Sr resigning the NRA and all that jazz, importation bans, proposed mag limit to 15rd?  Bush Jr saying he would sign an extension of the AWB if congress send it to him?

Why do people keep on beliving that Republicans are their friend when it comes to gun laws? This isn't really about left vs right as much as it is about liberty vs slavery. Wake up folks, both parties are ok with you being their serf, they just want to make sure you are not the other guy's serf.

Unless your name is Bush or Regan I guess. Everyone forgets that the republican presidents haven't done us any favors. Nixon was ok with banning all handguns. Regan signed the 1986 bill, supported the Brady's efforts. Bush Sr resigning the NRA and all that jazz, importation bans, proposed mag limit to 15rd?  Bush Jr saying he would sign an extension of the AWB if congress send it to him?

Why do people keep on beliving that Republicans are their friend when it comes to gun laws? This isn't really about left vs right as much as it is about liberty vs slavery. Wake up folks, both parties are ok with you being their serf, they just want to make sure you are not the other guy's serf.

You are correct Vlad, they are two sides of the same coin. I fully expect these bills to be signed. I guess I am just insulted that he is waiting until the last possible second and leaving us all with even a small amount of hope in the mean time.

He wants and needs a big win in this election.  It's not whether he is going to win, its about how big a margin he gets.  The bigger the margin the bigger he looks on the national stage.  (HAHA pun there).  That is why all the critical bills with national implications are still sitting on his desk.  Gun reform, Marijuana therapy for critically ill minors, etc. 

"Chris Christie says he’s in the politics business to win"  http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capitolreport/2013/08/16/chris-christie-says-hes-in-the-politics-business-to-win/

Slight correction vlad, FOPA was an improvement for gun owners and was pushed by the NRA for Reagan to sign. The only negative of that bill was the registry which closed off machine guns to the masses.

I'm aware, but seeing how the machine gun bit appeared in the bill and the circumstances surrounding it, signing it was a mistake at best. 

I'm aware, but seeing how the machine gun bit appeared in the bill and the circumstances surrounding it, signing it was a mistake at best.

It was thought since its inception that it would never hold up to a constitutional challenge. However in 27 years, there hasn't been a case to challenge it.

I don't think it was a mistake, I think it was a smart political move to appease the idiots and then challenge it on the back end.