sure shot

Do we have a count down for Christie?

You will get a feeling about it this fall.  Two Democrats are the focus of recall elections there. 

I hope you're right. I was planning to relocate in CO in a few years, but the political shift has caused me to think twice. Hopefully, the fencesitters simply failed to vote because they thought it would never happen. Now that they've seen it, we'll see if they come out next election and take their state back. If they sit on their asses again, it won't be long before CO is just another shithole nanny-state with nice scenery.

One thing is for sure, the next election will be very telling.

If you want affect change you need to work on changing people. In the last 13 years, since I bought my first gun, there has been a massive shift in NJ in the pro-gun direction. Yes I am serious. There a hell of a lot of people who didn't own guns then and do now, and most are the first generation in their family to do so. They are republicans, democrats, independents, white, black, Asian, women and men

, young or old.

I know this for a fact because I've taken a hell of a lot to the range and helped them understand firearms and helped them navigate the NJ silliness. I know this because the ranges are order of magnitude busier. I know this because when I bought my first gun, gun shops where closing, and now they are opening. I know this because club memberships are increasing to capacity.

I know this because even after Sandy Hook, even NJ hasn't yet passed anti gun laws, and even if these pass you need to face it that they are a lot less offensive then they would have been in the 90s.

Attitudes are changing, but they change slowly. If you want to help, then you talk to people about firearms. You talk to them logically not preaching. You don't launch into conspiracy talk, you leave politics aside, and you behave like the normal person you are.

Or you can go the echo chamber of gun forums and bitch and complain and cry over a dark future and guarantee it will happen via your inaction. You can complain that the NRA isn't helping you or you can work on helping ourselves. You can act like "those leeches on welfare" you claim are not pulling their weight, while asking why someone else isn't solving your problems.

This is a long term game. Yes NJ is a hard place to play the game, but look at how much the entire country has changed for the better when it comes to gun rights, and how the fight was fought. Things are getting better. You are not going to win every fight, but if you go and whine about how badly you are going to get beaten before you even get on the field, you not only have lost the battle, you don't have the grit to fight the war.

Reach down, find a pair, and get into the fight. This fight won't be won only with marches and letters to the editor, but with ground game, with individual effort. Take your friends to the range. Take your neighbor to the range. Take your coworker to the range.

Or just bitch about it.

This guy right here, knows what the **** he is talking about. I have been trying to do this and get first time shooters to the range and talking about it. Hell even my boss who is an anti gun guy brought his young sons to the range. Good things can happen if you can win over the upcoming generation instead of trying convince your own.

If you want affect change you need to work on changing people. In the last 13 years, since I bought my first gun, there has been a massive shift in NJ in the pro-gun direction. Yes I am serious. There a hell of a lot of people who didn't own guns then and do now, and most are the first generation in their family to do so. They are republicans, democrats, independents, white, black, Asian, women and men
, young or old.

I know this for a fact because I've taken a hell of a lot to the range and helped them understand firearms and helped them navigate the NJ silliness. I know this because the ranges are order of magnitude busier. I know this because when I bought my first gun, gun shops where closing, and now they are opening. I know this because club memberships are increasing to capacity.

I know this because even after Sandy Hook, even NJ hasn't yet passed anti gun laws, and even if these pass you need to face it that they are a lot less offensive then they would have been in the 90s.

Attitudes are changing, but they change slowly. If you want to help, then you talk to people about firearms. You talk to them logically not preaching. You don't launch into conspiracy talk, you leave politics aside, and you behave like the normal person you are.

Or you can go the echo chamber of gun forums and **** and complain and cry over a dark future and guarantee it will happen via your inaction. You can complain that the NRA isn't helping you or you can work on helping ourselves. You can act like "those leeches on welfare" you claim are not pulling their weight, while asking why someone else isn't solving your problems.

This is a long term game. Yes NJ is a hard place to play the game, but look at how much the entire country has changed for the better when it comes to gun rights, and how the fight was fought. Things are getting better. You are not going to win every fight, but if you go and whine about how badly you are going to get beaten before you even get on the field, you not only have lost the battle, you don't have the grit to fight the war.

Reach down, find a pair, and get into the fight. This fight won't be won only with marches and letters to the editor, but with ground game, with individual effort. Take your friends to the range. Take your neighbor to the range. Take your coworker to the range.

Or just **** about it.

If you want affect change you need to work on changing people. 

Excellent post. I've been doing just what you describe. Have a family membership at Cherry Ridge, and wife (seriously anti-gun) is ready to go. Also working on brother in law and neighbor. 100% correct that preaching gets you nowhere.

But this is a process, and a long one. Even if you change people's minds, guns are just one issue that liberals fume over. I doubt they'll vote on the basis of this one issue.

My solution, at age 59, is hope to move somewhere else. I'm sick of this f*****g state anyway. 

Hey, whatever happened to the global Menendez and the children he supposedly visited?  Has that "investigation" been put on hold?  It wouldn't matter, anyway, and CC would just appoint another RINO.

Anyway, this thread has brought about an important point.  If you care about your rights, you better get busy.  The ONLY WAY to turn the tide is to bring more people on board as legal gun owners that see the need for personal protection.  So, if you are worried about future Democrap grudges and the potential for the "Democrat" governor, then you better find ways to reach out to the community. Besides, we have a governor who is largely Democrat, now.

Excellent post. I've been doing just what you describe. Have a family membership at Cherry Ridge, and wife (seriously anti-gun) is ready to go. Also working on brother in law and neighbor. 100% correct that preaching gets you nowhere.

But this is a process, and a long one. Even if you change people's minds, guns are just one issue that liberals fume over. I doubt they'll vote on the basis of this one issue.

My solution, at age 59, is hope to move somewhere else. I'm sick of this f*****g state anyway. 

This... However, there is nowhere to run.  Think of Colorado.

This... However, there is nowhere to run.  Think of Colorado.

you make a point but there are many many states that would never let that sort of thing happen. colorados northern neighbor wyoming is just one of them

you make a point but there are many many states that would never let that sort of thing happen. colorados northern neighbor wyoming is just one of them

Still the "frontier" out there in some sections. They still have grizzly attacks in Wyoming!

I called again and once again talked to, should say spoke to and Woman who sounded like she could care less who I am. Never asked me my name or address. When I said "Do you want my name and address or some thing" She said In an annoyed voice " I didn't axe you yet" If I didn't ask her she would not have asked I mean axed me. Anyway he said about 3 words and s said I would be noted as opposed. All the phone calls I've made Christies office is the only one I'm actually convinced could care less. F*** this guy.

I called again and once again talked to, should say spoke to and Woman who sounded like she could care less who I am. Never asked me my name or address. When I said "Do you want my name and address or some thing" She said In an annoyed voice " I didn't axe you yet" If I didn't ask her she would not have asked I mean axed me. Anyway he said about 3 words and s said I would be noted as opposed. All the phone calls I've made Christies office is the only one I'm actually convinced could care less. F*** this guy.

The response I received when I called was something to the effect of; "I'm sorry sir, with all the constituents that call in every day, we only take their position on the subject, there are simply too many names to take down." So, there may be some bills I am in agreement with (I.E. tougher penalties for criminals) and others I may be opposed to. So if the person isn't making a definitive list, delineating bills, asking my name or county I'm from, etc., what did I just accomplish?

Do Assembly persons & Senators read their emails? The last few months, I've noticed a couple of "delete/not read" messages from some New Jersey reps. Obviously, they are disinterested in certain topics.

Last week I received an email from Sen. Lautenberg. Actually, it was signed by someone else going through his email and responding to an unopened email letter I sent him months ago. They informed me that the Sen. had expired (June 3rd) and that if I had any future concerns, to contact Sen. Menendez or Sen. Chiesa. Hmmm.

The governors continued inaction speaks loudly to me. If he disagreed with these bills there is no reason why they weren't vetoed already. As the countdown looms I am starting to think there is a good chance he will let them silently pass.

The governors continued inaction speaks loudly to me. If he disagreed with these bills there is no reason why they weren't vetoed already. As the countdown looms I am starting to think there is a good chance he will let them silently pass.

I think he's trying to make a strategic calculation when his risk is minimized. I believe he's a Progressive Republican, but I also strongly believe he'll veto all but the .50 cal ban.

My personal opinion is that there is no strategic advantage for him to "let them silently pass' versus explicitly signing them.  If anything his inaction would make him appear weak.. to quote Rush "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" and the papers will show that.  I don't think he's one to take such a passive approach.  He'll either sign or veto them.

You could argue either way as to whether the governor's inaction means he's for, or against the bills.   My thought there is that if he were for the bills then it would be to his advantage to sign them sooner and take advantage of the press coverage and decreasing momentum.  If he is against the bills then it is to his advantage to wait and pick an opportune time that would be to his strategic favor.. aka after a budget is passed, the press is reporting other cities are bankrupt, and his political opponents are pushing for fictional economic plans.

Called just now to argue against the Sweeney Bill in particular.

My guess is he vetoes all except the 50 cal ban. He's really got the advantage to veto here. He's popular as hell in NJ, so this November is gonna be cake for him. He's got his eyes on the White House. Come on, why wouldn't he veto?!

But, the world is a sick place, and anything can happen.

Called just now to argue against the Sweeney Bill in particular.

My guess is he vetoes all except the 50 cal ban. He's really got the advantage to veto here. He's popular as hell in NJ, so this November is gonna be cake for him. He's got his eyes on the White House. Come on, why wouldn't he veto?!

But, the world is a sick place, and anything can happen.

What Vlad said!  I remember reading the campaign literature showcasing his anti-gun agenda....about 100+ pounds ago...for the "sake of the Children".  At first glance, you'd a thunk he was a Libtard!

I sent a two page letter (my own words)  to the Governor earlier this week expressing my concerns on these various N.J. anti-gun bills and the anti 2nd Amendment efforts in general.  Sent it via his website as well as USPO.

Not sure it will see the light of day(the Governor has not yet called me back on my cell. (:-)  ); but at least I feel good having tried.  (Btw, my first ever letter to a governor.)

Following your logic, if he agreed with these bills, why wouldn't he have signed them already? Pocket approval isn't going to save his bacon with pro 2a people, nor is it going to win him endorsements from antis. However, waiting allows him to stir up the sh!7 as little as possible for whatever he does. I believe that is all that the silence tells us. However he plans to piss people off, he wants to do it once and get busy with burying under campaign rhetoric. 

Because he is personally anti gun and always has been. 

I'm not sure he's anti-gun. I think he's more-or-less gun-indifferent.

When he thought it would help him with suburban soccer moms in New Jersey, he was against them.

When he discovered what Republican primary voters in Louisiana, Texas and New Mexico thought about gun grabbers, he became ... well, okay with guns. He's a politician, and a very talented one. We'd be in much deeper poo if he thought the Republican primary voters outside of New Jersey didn't care about the 2A.

Because he is personally anti gun and always has been. 

I honestly think he was doing and will do anything to get elected/re-elected. Back then, the anti-gun platform was favorable for his situation.

Now, he's got the White House in his sights. If he allows this to pass, or actively supports this, he's an idiot, and deserves to be made an example of when he gets ripped in the Republican primaries.

I honestly think he was doing and will do anything to get elected/re-elected. Back then, the anti-gun platform was favorable for his situation.

Now, he's got the White House in his sights. If he allows this to pass, or actively supports this, he's an idiot, and deserves to be made an example of when he gets ripped in the Republican primaries.

Made an example? Who knows, as a life time Republican I can honestly say the leaders in the party now. Boehner,Ryan, Rubio, Mc Cain. ext. Are full blown Liberals with peanut size balls. They are the same thing as Democrats.I doubt the Republicans will ever win another election. Real Republicans are finally wakeing up and realizing this. They will not turn out for elections anymore. Might as well run another liberal anti gun turd like Romney. 

Made an example? Who knows, as a life time Republican I can honestly say the leaders in the party now. Boehner,Ryan, Rubio, Mc Cain. ext. Are full blown Liberals with peanut size balls. They are the same thing as Democrats.I doubt the Republicans will ever win another election. Real Republicans are finally wakeing up and realizing this. They will not turn out for elections anymore. Might as well run another liberal anti gun turd like Romney. 

I agree. They need to run someone like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Otherwise, I'm just voting Libertarian again. They want my vote, they need to put actual damn Republicans up instead of these bastardized Liberals.