david8613

how bad is remanufactured ammo?

how bad is remanufactured ammo? I asked this because a long time ago when I first got introduced to the sport by my brother, he would buy remanufactured ammo and I noticed his ammo was causing alot of ftf, fte it was smokey nasty crap, and we even found a 9mm mixed in with his 40 s&w he brought. I was like what the hell! My ammo ran perfect all the time, it was new. I swore I would never buy remanufacturer but I found a good deal online for some 44 mag. Im thinking leave it alone and buy new, it will probably be low power too...

Ultramax "remanufactured" ammo is lead bullets, very smoky and dirty.

USAAmmo/Freedom Ammunitions is reloaded ammo using regular reloading components and once fired or new brass.... basically about the same thing.  Some forum members here had issues with USAAmmo - one had huge accuracy issues.

Ultramax is junk, but look on the bright side, you get to practice your Tap-Rack-Ready.

For practice ammo, I think its worth it.  But you will get one two rounds in the pack that don't perform.

Ill second the ultramax is junk thread.  I almost thew out a box of that crap in 40 it was so bad.  Very inconsistent, inaccurate, smokey, and dirty.  I started to reload my own 40 cal after that and could not be happier.  I did not try any of the other brands posted above but I did hear others that said about the same thing.

Ken

Freedom Munitions has great stuff.  It is relatively clean and I have never had it in bad casings.  I have shot both their new and Remanufactured in 9mm, .40cal, .45acp, .357 magnum and .38 special.

I have some ultramax 9mm that I regret buying.

I haven't had any performance issues (accurate, no fte/ftf) but it's dirty and smokey as hell. 
I shot one magazine last time at the range and it looked like George Burns was hanging out in my port.

I'm saving the rest of this stuff for outdoors plinking only.

I have some ultramax 9mm that I regret buying.

I haven't had any performance issues (accurate, no fte/ftf) but it's dirty and smokey as hell. 

I shot one magazine last time at the range and it looked like George Burns was hanging out in my port.

I'm saving the rest of this stuff for outdoors plinking only.

I also regret the Ultramax 9mm I purchased.Fired all but 3 rounds indoors and have been using them up on the outside range...even then it looks like I'm firing a black powder firearm.USA and the Freedom stuff is quite good however.

Ultramax "remanufactured" ammo is lead bullets, very smoky and dirty.

USAAmmo/Freedom Ammunitions is reloaded ammo using regular reloading components and once fired or new brass.... basically about the same thing.  Some forum members here had issues with USAAmmo - one had huge accuracy issues.

I believe Nick might be talking about my experience...I will never touch anything from USA Ammo or their affiliates again...and apparently this was their "new" ammo not reloaded...fliers and key holing over the place...then trying to contact them was an ordeal all in itself, what a PITA, never again.

IMAG0296.jpg

I never had an issue with Ultramaxx.  Shot about 750 or rounds of it in both 45 and 9mm.  

Freedom Munitions is pretty much like new.  That stuff is very consistent.