Details man! Seriously, what are you a noob? :rofl:

Haha!

The blade is called "The Rat", made by Headhunter Blades. Includes a trainer too.

The light is the Malkoff Devices MDC SHO.

Both are used only as functional tools of course!

I should buy me a decent knife... I tend to lose or break them fairly often, though.... Lost my crappy Dewalt one, and have been going to Newark lately with no knife.

That said, i HAVE been pulled over and searched, being a young man at 2am with two girls in the vehicle, and my smart ass told the PO i had them for self defense instead of for work.... he threw the two i had on me in the truck bed and told me he could have got me in some shit but to leave... Of course he had no reason to frisk me, i did nothing wrong and got no tickets, but looking back on it now its kind of a cool experience (though i was freakin' out at the moment.. it was also really freakin cold and i was in a t-shirt). I knew i was fine and told him to have at it, i'm not one to make their lives difficult. They also played around with my amber lights while they were at it, haha... I guess he realized i was just some random innocent nerdy kid and told me to just go... I was on my way to pick up my cousin who was kicked out of his apartment..
That was the night i met my Fiance, nearly 3 years ago now...

I decided I needed a small, defensive fixed blade knife to add to my EDC.

p5vF8kF.jpg

It's a double edge, titanium clinch pick from Ban Tang Knives.  The blade itself is only about 2.5" long.  I still carry my Kershaw Blur folder but that's more of a utility knife.  Oddly, Iowa has relatively lax knife laws and since this is a double edge, it's a dagger and I can legally carry it concealed as long as I maintain my permit to carry a firearm.

• Like 1

I just grabbed a Benchmade Griptilian with CPM-20CV steel blade and G-10 scales.  It came stock with a deep carry clip.  

I went from a Blur to this and i like it a bunch.  I'm still getting used to the axis lock but it seems plenty strong for anything I'm going to do with it.  I purchased it pre-owned from a gent that sharpens for a serious hobby and he polished the edge to a mirror.  Stupid sharp.  

So far, so good.  

Just seeing what people are edcing here in nj. My go to is my Spyderco Endura. But I alternate between the endura, tenacious, rat 1, cara cara ii, and the sogzilla. The spydercos are awesome and damn sexy. The rat 1 is a tank and it gets a lot of use at work. I love how low the carry is on the sogzilla. And the cara cara is a good worker also. Every knife has its purpose and I never leave home without at least one! What are your favorites and why?

Wow, this post is from 2013 and a lot has changed in my edc rotation. My "go to" nowadays would be my Wilson Combat Edition Large Chris Reeve Sebenza, my Spyderco Para Military 2, ZT 0450, Benchmade Griptillian, or my GEC bull buster. At work I carry mainly the GEC and also a county comm widgy bar and a Mathew Martin Clicky. My Sogzilla was stolen out of my luggage coming home from Florida last year....bummer.

So new question for guys that posted in this a while ago........how has your EDC changed over the years?

Don't want to derail the thread but have a question. What is the basic law with carry knives in jersey. In Delaware it has to be less than 3 inches if concealed. There is debate on if the pocket clip makes it open but most cops wont bother you and spring assist is fine. What about you guys? Is it as bad as guns?

As far as I know in Jersey you could carry a machete if you wanted to but you need to have a lawful purpose to do so. Self defense is not a lawful purpose because then it becomes a weapon. No autos, dirks or daggers but pretty much anything else goes. I've never had an issue and carry a knife everyday and always have. If you don't do anything stupid with it you'll be fine.

Wow, this post is from 2013 and a lot has changed in my edc rotation. My "go to" nowadays would be my Wilson Combat Edition Large Chris Reeve Sebenza, my Spyderco Para Military 2, ZT 0450, Benchmade Griptillian, or my GEC bull buster. At work I carry mainly the GEC and also a county comm widgy bar and a Mathew Martin Clicky. My Sogzilla was stolen out of my luggage coming home from Florida last year....bummer.

So new question for guys that posted in this a while ago........how has your EDC changed over the years?

I started with a single folder in my pocket that was pulled double duty as a utility knife and as a potential defensive knife.  Since then, I added a small, fixed dagger that is mounted parallel to my belt and at my 11 o'clock (I'm right handed).  I've also abandoned liner lock knives completely as I have yet to find one that I trusted at a decent price point.  My folder is now a Benchmade Griptillian.  I'm also shaking out the addition of a folding karambit and a fixed karambit as a neck knife.  My sister is allowed to carry a knife at work but the environment certainly qualifies as a non-permissive environment and due to other aspects of her job, more traditional belt and pocket carry are not an option for her so I thought I'd see how well neck carry works.

I thought I needed a real gonzo knife...like a Strider, for EDC. I will, and do, use my knife for anything that I think it will complete or assist completing the task at hand. Then for the helluvit I started carrying lighter knives. Once I got a Boker Trance and found it could do everything I asked of it it's been my EDC ever since...since whenever Boker released it. Even camping I've never needed to baton anything so it's held up fine camping to. Skinning a deer, it's worked though even though there are task-specific knives for that job. Same Trance for years now. Still locks up solid and holds a helluva edge. I wish Chad or Boker would do a version with better steel than the AUS8. I'd scoop two or more up without thinking twice. To me, that's how you know it's a knife or tool for me.

• Like 1

I thought I needed a real gonzo knife...like a Strider, for EDC. I will, and do, use my knife for anything that I think it will complete or assist completing the task at hand. Then for the helluvit I started carrying lighter knives. Once I got a Boker Trance and found it could do everything I asked of it it's been my EDC ever since...since whenever Boker released it. Even camping I've never needed to baton anything so it's held up fine camping to. Skinning a deer, it's worked though even though there are task-specific knives for that job. Same Trance for years now. Still locks up solid and holds a helluva edge. I wish Chad or Boker would do a version with better steel than the AUS8. I'd scoop two or more up without thinking twice. To me, that's how you know it's a knife or tool for me.

Ahh the old strider, I had one and sold it. It was a CC SMF. Great knife, beefy and not as heavy as you'd think. That Titainium scale is really light. I carried it but it filled up the pocket so much that it was a pain to reach past it to grab my wallet or anything else in my pocket. Overkill for edc for sure.

What's a good EDC for dress pants?

BigAl:

A number of years ago, I splurged for what I consider to be an elegant folding knife to serve as my EDC during the work week, that I keep inside my suit jacket.  It is a:

William Henry - B30-Blackbird Gentac - Carbon Fiber folding knife

This is a smaller, very well made, lightweight (1.6 oz), high-quality, sleek and what I consider to be tastefully cool pocket knife.

The body is titanium and the handle uses titanium bolsters with black carbon fiber inlays. The strong 3” blade is made from tungsten ZDP-189 stainless steel with a DLC coating. It also has a blue colored titanium pocket clip and a total open length of 7". Here is a link to the web site where I purchased it:

http://www.knifeart.com/williamhenry3.html

AVB-AMG

post-8135-0-76754000-1491121180_thumb.jpg

post-8135-0-81996500-1491121185_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions.

You weren't kidding when you said "splurged". It's a very good looking and seems like a quality knife. Probably why it's out of stock.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Finally got a Kershaw Blur and I love it.  It is an awesome tool.  Grippy, light, good looking, good steel, etc...

Not an EDC, but another addition to the collection. Directly from Japan this time. And most likely very well used!

a822f2fd-03d2-43ad-bcae-70e5b997ebf2.jpg

tell me more please. I know little about swords or whatever that's called but I'd like to add one to my display case eventually.

It was actually gifted to me by my uncle, who lives in Japan and collects those swords. All I know is that it's a tanto style sword, and that it's older than any of us here, haha. The next time I see him, I'm going to ask him to translate what's written on the permit that is in the left of the picture (in Japan, all swords must have a permit accompanying them).