I've been carrying a spyderco tenacious and persistence for years.  I wanted something a little more low key for carrying with black work slacks.  I picked up a spyderco chaparral a few months back and really dig it.  Its EDC size, small, great warm feeling textured carbon grips, XHP steel, lock back, and has held an edge great!  I'm def a spyderco fan... just have to pick and choose the right model as they have a lot of weird blades.  Some of they are real winners tho.

I used to carry one of my Kershaw Leeks or a Buck Tempest, but carrying a knife at my previous job was seriously frowned upon. Due to that, I've been carrying a Leatherman Squirt P4 on my keychain for years. I don't think anyone would bat an eye at my current job though, so I may start carrying a dedicated blade again. I recently saw a Zero Tolerance 0450 which got me eye, and will probably wait to find one on sale. 

Sadly I can't find my Kershaw Zing with the scalloped blade. I was meaning to sharpen that one as well. I hope it's in my car, since the last time I remember having it I was fishing.

IMG_0994 (1).JPG

Update to my recent EDC knife - Spyderco Endura with the Emerson Wave.

I added a Wise Men Co Signet Ring:

AmcxWGU.jpg

zLS1T3S.jpg

Installed in about 5 minutes. It seems to be a very well made add-on.

aXGrhYF.jpg

Yeah, it sticks out of the pocket a bit, but it isn't uncomfortable. And I am usually carrying a gun so any cover garment hides the knife too. 

It opens FAST, the wave catches the front of the pocket and the ring makes it drop right into your palm in an Icepick grip. 

They also make it for the Matriarch and the Delica.

Been scaling way back. I've found I can get along just fine with my Victorinox Solo and Executive. Occasionally, I might swap-out the Executive with a Recruit, Tourist or Spartan. A Manager lives in my keyring at all times.
5f2288375a4111780f8be2c331045ba3.jpg5806986406cbdc2a5bcb5156a410ac3d.jpga81359728f3e0eca12a588b808f7c641.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I’ve been carrying a CRK sebenza for a little bit. Had a small one years ago, got a Large now. 
Fits great IWB. I also usually keep a case knife in my pocket for smaller stuff. 

624098F2-9E90-4DF2-87FF-11D20587AD59.thumb.jpeg.4b052ae00a13fd31047b5307734a2455.jpeg
You carry it IWB?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

You carry it IWB?

Yea,  slightly behind my front right pocket. Just clip the pocket clip to my pants and let the belt ride over the clip. 

It’s surprisingly comfortable. The knife, although the “large” isn’t that big. 

It it also prevents it from being dinged around with keys and change and what not

7 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

Interesting. I generally prefer the pocket because I like things with the Emerson wave. Tip up is the way for me either way

I’ve got nothing with a wave so no fun for me with that.  This works well for my work environment and I have my shirt tucked in so the scales lay between my shirt and the inside of my pants.  I’m also limited to 1 spot for the pocket clip to go  

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

I saw that. Very tempting.....

Jump on it haha. I’d do trade/cash if you have something interesting 

Just didnt like it.  Not a bad feature, but not patient enough to get use to drawing and the wave feature not activating.  So when I bought the Sheepdog, I wasnt in love with the knife.  After the surgery on it, I am in love with it.  So much so, I sold my A100, and my ZTs.  Just dissected a pumpkin with it for the kids.