My EDC is a Titanium handled (NOT Aluminum) Columbia River Knife and Tool- Ken Onion  VEFF edged Ripple they are on the higher end of CRKT for $160 They are discontinued I have a few available for sale Brand New add $3.99 for shipping

The Veff Edge is a radical serration and once you own one ,you will want them on every knife you've own!

Tom and I have become very good friends...

K415KXP Ripple w: Veff b.jpg

K406GXP Ripple SS A

K406GXPGray Ripple SS A

K406GXP Ripple bSa

My EDC. 40 years of reaming copper tubing, scraping gaskets, stripping wire, tightening screws, taking things apart and putting them together. Oh and cutting stuff too. Nuttin fancy and didn't cost $300 so I wouldn't have been devastated if I lost it when I worked for a living. But would be now as it's retired to the top draw of my tool box. An original Imperial electrician knife like it I've seen go for as much as $12 on Ebay! 

Knife.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

There's no way I would ever use a knife without a GREAT locking mechanism PERIOD end of sentence.

serveimagea.png

fingertip.jpg

serveimage.jpg

I did something similar but to a lesser extent. Since then I only carry fixed blades. 

• Like 1

I have a Leatherman Skeletool CX and it's been worth every penny (got it for ~$70). It's light, well-made, comfortable, has a quality blade, and the tools I typically need at work. I'm a physical therapist who works in various nursing homes throughout the state.  The blade is great for cutting tennis balls to put on the bottom of walkers, opening/breaking down boxes, and I've even used it to make a new belt hole for a patient who had lost weight.  The pliers are excellent for fixing the brakes on rollators (4-wheeled walkers with bicycle-style brakes and a seat). The screwdriver has come in handy tightening wheelchair armrests and rollator brake handles. It's also nice to know I have a weapon - just in case. I've used it for a few odd jobs around the house too when I was too lazy to go down to the basement for a specific tool.  Overall, I've found that Leatherman makes quality products and I'd definitely recommend the Skeletool CX.

• Like 2

I got about 9 available for sale:

2 revs NIB $40 + $2.99 shipping

4 micros $15  Stainless pre owned but great condition Free shipping

1 micros $15 Blue Micarta pre owned but great condition Free shipping

1 Rebar w case NIB $65 + $2.99 shipping

1 CS $20  Stainless pre owned but great condition Free shipping

pm for details...

1 minute ago, Downtownv said:

2 revs NIB $40 + $2.99 shipping

4 micros $15  Stainless pre owned but great condition Free shipping

1 micros $15 Blue Micarta pre owned but great condition Free shipping

1 Rebar w case NIB $65 + $2.99 shipping

1 CS $20  Stainless pre owned but great condition Free shipping

pm for details...

What?

On 7/22/2018 at 10:25 AM, SmittyMHS said:

My EDC. 40 years of reaming copper tubing, scraping gaskets, stripping wire, tightening screws, taking things apart and putting them together. Oh and cutting stuff too. Nuttin fancy and didn't cost $300 so I wouldn't have been devastated if I lost it when I worked for a living. But would be now as it's retired to the top draw of my tool box. An original Imperial electrician knife like it I've seen go for as much as $12 on Ebay! 

Knife.jpg

My work gave me a Klein wire stripper/folding knife.  Total junk

Great tool company, horrible knife maker.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 6:19 PM, TripleD said:

I have a Leatherman Skeletool CX and it's been worth every penny (got it for ~$70). It's light, well-made, comfortable, has a quality blade, and the tools I typically need at work. I'm a physical therapist who works in various nursing homes throughout the state.  The blade is great for cutting tennis balls to put on the bottom of walkers, opening/breaking down boxes, and I've even used it to make a new belt hole for patient who had lost weight.  The pliers are excellent for fixing the brakes on rollators (4-wheeled walkers with bicycle-style brakes and a seat). The screwdriver has come in handy tightening wheelchair armrests and rollator brake handles. It's also nice to know I have a weapon - just in case. I've used it for a few odd jobs around the house too when I was too lazy to go down to the basement for a specific tool.  Overall, I've found that Leatherman makes quality products and I'd definitely recommend the Skeletool CX.

2 revs NIB $35 + $2.99 shipping

pm for details...

Been carrying the Skeletool for about 8 years and i love it. It’s never failed me in any situation and it’s not so expensive that when i had to replace it ( left it somewhere like an idiot) it doesn’t hurt the wallet.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

It’s tough as I’m in and out of courts all day during the week. On weekends and weekdays where I can I carry a gerber air ranger. I’ve had it for well over 10 years and used it for various applications.  Blade keeps a good edge and it’s nevr let me down. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 10:49 AM, Downtownv said:

There's no way I would ever use a knife without a GREAT locking mechanism PERIOD end of sentence.

serveimagea.png

fingertip.jpg

serveimage.jpg

I got that beat. 

Not pocketknife related though!!! :D

95D366CC-BEE4-4FE6-8233-1B02BA5245EE.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Thanks to @High Exposure, I’m now carrying a Gerber Flatiron. 

To quote H.E., it’s ‘diabolical’. 

It doesn’t look it, but I’ve actually found it to be a good utility blade. 

F4CEC615-E1EB-465C-A085-4951B66B27AB.jpeg

I’ve never had a knife that gets more shocked looks when I open it, and that includes Emerson karambits, OTF Microtechs, and Masters of Defense Knives. The fact that it costs $30 and you can buy it on Amazon is even better.

The only knife I have ever seen that gets more “WTF is that?” looks/comments is my buddy’s Hoback Alphahunter that we called the “Anti-Tank knife”. Thing seriously looked like you could crack open a tank with it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I've been carrying this for the last couple of years.

BTW - that is on sale for 50% off on Amazon right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Tactical-Folding-Pocket/dp/B07MZW57XN?th=1

Bigger than I like for EDC, but a nice knife for the sale price. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bry@n said:

bringing this back to the top. That Gerber Cleaver looks nice. Recently saw the Spyderco Stovepipe and it’s looks good too 

I’ve been carrying the slightly smaller version of that Gerber cleaver with a flipper blade called the Gerber Asada (Amazon has them for $37 right now). Great knife for the price. I wish it was a better steel (have to sharpen it a little more often than I like) and I wish there was some jimping at the base of the spine of the blade, but all in all, a great daily carry knife that still has that “wow” factor when it comes out.

Highly recommended.

On 12/28/2022 at 8:57 PM, High Exposure said:

I’ve been carrying the slightly smaller version of that Gerber cleaver with a flipper blade called the Gerber Asada (Amazon has them for $37 right now). Great knife for the price. I wish it was a better steel (have to sharpen it a little more often than I like) and I wish there was some jimping at the base of the spine of the blade, but all in all, a great daily carry knife that still has that “wow” factor when it comes out.

Highly recommended.

On an impulse and your post, I used a credit on my Amazon account and bought one.  I've been carrying it for about a week.  I'm impressed.  This is a blade style that I've not had before, so it's taking some getting used to.  Deployment is definitely fast enough for me.  I'm curious to see how long I can go without needing to sharpen it.

Nice!!

It comes in 2 steel options:

D2 - Versions with Micarta scales

7Cr17MoV - versions with aluminum scales

j3rVos6.jpg

They are both OK but not the best steel out there for knife blades - but it is a good “budget option”. After once losing a very nice and costly folder that was clipped to my pocket I am very happy to carry a budget knife daily and save the spendier knives for carrying at special occasions.

I’ve been happy with the performance out of my sample of each type, but I carry the 7Cr17 version the most often.

• Informative 1

My custom built Spyderco Para 3 is my EDC and defense blade. My intention was to build something completely unique from my imagination or just buy a Chris Reeves Small Sebenza.  I ended up with the former and couldn't be happier, plus I saved about $60 bucks on the build costs compared to the Chris Reeves. The scales are a linen micarta, the hardware has been upgraded to stainless, the lanyard plug is copper and it has a Lynch Made Deep Carry Clip.  The build took about 6 months of research, parts sourcing and execution. The scales were made to order custom by RC Bladeworks

IMG_3569.JPG

IMG_3629.JPG

• Informative 1