WhitetailMathewsZ7

What is your go to EDC blade

343 posts in this topic

Recently picked up a CRK Large Sebenza 21 tanto. Love this thing. I’ve been EDCing it everyday so far. Blade is the sharpest blade of any knife I’ve bought. 

My EDC is a Titanium handled (NOT Aluminum) Columbia River Knife and Tool- Ken Onion  VEFF edged Ripple they are on the higher end of CRKT for $160 They are discontinued I have a few available for sale Brand New add $3.99 for shipping

The Veff Edge is a radical serration and once you own one ,you will want them on every knife you've own!

Tom and I have become very good friends...

K415KXP Ripple w: Veff b.jpg

K406GXP Ripple SS A

K406GXPGray Ripple SS A

K406GXP Ripple bSa

My EDC. 40 years of reaming copper tubing, scraping gaskets, stripping wire, tightening screws, taking things apart and putting them together. Oh and cutting stuff too. Nuttin fancy and didn't cost $300 so I wouldn't have been devastated if I lost it when I worked for a living. But would be now as it's retired to the top draw of my tool box. An original Imperial electrician knife like it I've seen go for as much as $12 on Ebay! 

Knife.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

There's no way I would ever use a knife without a GREAT locking mechanism PERIOD end of sentence.

serveimagea.png

fingertip.jpg

serveimage.jpg

I did something similar but to a lesser extent. Since then I only carry fixed blades. 

1 person likes this

I have a Leatherman Skeletool CX and it's been worth every penny (got it for ~$70). It's light, well-made, comfortable, has a quality blade, and the tools I typically need at work. I'm a physical therapist who works in various nursing homes throughout the state.  The blade is great for cutting tennis balls to put on the bottom of walkers, opening/breaking down boxes, and I've even used it to make a new belt hole for patient who had lost weight.  The pliers are excellent for fixing the brakes on rollators (4-wheeled walkers with bicycle-style brakes and a seat). The screwdriver has come in handy tightening wheelchair armrests and rollator brake handles. It's also nice to know I have a weapon - just in case. I've used it for a few odd jobs around the house too when I was too lazy to go down to the basement for a specific tool.  Overall, I've found that Leatherman makes quality products and I'd definitely recommend the Skeletool CX.

2 people like this

I got about 9 available for sale:

2 revs NIB $40 + $2.99 shipping

4 micros $15  Stainless pre owned but great condition Free shipping

1 micros $15 Blue Micarta pre owned but great condition Free shipping

1 Rebar w case NIB $65 + $2.99 shipping

1 CS $20  Stainless pre owned but great condition Free shipping

pm for details...

1 minute ago, Downtownv said:

pm for details...

What?

On 7/22/2018 at 10:25 AM, SmittyMHS said:

My EDC. 40 years of reaming copper tubing, scraping gaskets, stripping wire, tightening screws, taking things apart and putting them together. Oh and cutting stuff too. Nuttin fancy and didn't cost $300 so I wouldn't have been devastated if I lost it when I worked for a living. But would be now as it's retired to the top draw of my tool box. An original Imperial electrician knife like it I've seen go for as much as $12 on Ebay! 

Knife.jpg

My work gave me a Klein wire stripper/folding knife.  Total junk

Great tool company, horrible knife maker.

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, TripleD said:

I have a Leatherman Skeletool CX and it's been worth every penny (got it for ~$70). It's light, well-made, comfortable, has a quality blade, and the tools I typically need at work. I'm a physical therapist who works in various nursing homes throughout the state.  The blade is great for cutting tennis balls to put on the bottom of walkers, opening/breaking down boxes, and I've even used it to make a new belt hole for patient who had lost weight.  The pliers are excellent for fixing the brakes on rollators (4-wheeled walkers with bicycle-style brakes and a seat). The screwdriver has come in handy tightening wheelchair armrests and rollator brake handles. It's also nice to know I have a weapon - just in case. I've used it for a few odd jobs around the house too when I was too lazy to go down to the basement for a specific tool.  Overall, I've found that Leatherman makes quality products and I'd definitely recommend the Skeletool CX.

pm for details...

Been carrying the Skeletool for about 8 years and i love it. It’s never failed me in any situation and it’s not so expensive that when i had to replace it ( left it somewhere like an idiot) it doesn’t hurt the wallet.

1 person likes this